Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

PyjamaBanana

Novice Member
Jan 17, 2017
I'm a big PvP fan and really enjoy duels. But I get incredibly annoyed when I sit there for 2 minutes waiting for this map to generate only to find it is covered in water, lava or horribly inconvenient terrain.

Why can't all the maps be flat and simple? It is a lot better for PvP and more enjoyable.

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.
Hey, I play not so often pvp! But I know two maps that are not very good for pvp! ;) Nice simple maps would be nice!

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Hmm, Idk. You must to wait a little Bit longer. I dont like flat maps in pvp. Everyone has his opinion.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Its not that I don't like the non-flat maps, but they take way too long to generate. I come on trying to grind wins and I have to wait 2 minutes for that hilly grassland water map or the oversized obsidian/lava map to generate (only for someone to stand on the hill and knock me in lava). The other map that takes ages is the one with brick walls and a village in it. Get rid of those maps and it should be fine.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I suggest adding a map selection for challenged duels like this:
Also there should be a setting for random duels where you can select your favourite maps. When a match is found, only one of the selected maps will be chosen.

Also the maps should really be generated before players join the arena. I don't know wha this isn't done always, maybe just so you don't have to show an error message when no map is available. I think it would be possible to generate maps way more efficitent if a developer worked on that for a while. "Generating terrain" really shouldn't be a thing.

D

Deleted member 204478

They are indeed very annoying, and maybe need a little bit of fixing up on the PvP side of things.
But Cube is not really meant to be a server just based on PvP, unfortunately :P
Some do take a while to generate and I understand that, but I don't think we can do anything about this.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
They are indeed very annoying, and maybe need a little bit of fixing up on the PvP side of things.
But Cube is not really meant to be a server just based on PvP, unfortunately :p
Some do take a while to generate and I understand that, but I don't think we can do anything about this.
Cube is mainly a pvp server with only a few non-pvp minigames as far as I know. At least the PvP section of the server is only about PvP.
I do not understand at all why maps have to generate while players are on the map. Just do it before players join. Also I am sure that the map loading process could be greatly improved with a bit of work.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hqteful wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Kazwa wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Thank you for the follow!!
Critly wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! :)
Dreamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.