Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should they get rid of this rule?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiraffeLars

Jan 9, 2018
As a add on this, it is just ruining a tactic. So you ar not allowed to trap people in their spawn the break their egg. So if you do this, you now have a change to get banned just by playing the game smart. This rule has a very high intelligent thing about it. Not sure what tough.

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
Imagine this scenario
You're playing egg wars, its OP Normal, games been going on for about 30 minutes now
You have no egg, you're up against a 5 man team with an egg on Tea Party.
You get so much gear, that you're confident you can take them on, you go to their island, find out they're also heavily geared
You kill two of them, but the rest of the opponents are all on you, and the two naked people are running around re-gearing, since its OP Normal, its very hard to kill someone especially when they can just spawn in and buy Prot 4 armor instantly.
You cant set up a spawn trap which will PREVENT the enemy nakeds that you kill to run away and re-gear.
You can't get the egg because the opponents keep respawning and re gearing, you have no choice of winning unless you want to get banned.

This happens often to me, I set up these spawn traps just so I dont have to worry about the opponents I kill, I can take my time killing the rest and then getting their egg, but now I cant because i'll be banned.
Staff obviously don't play egg wars seriously, they probably all just rush diamond armor on OP Normal.

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
They actually made this bannable? Wow.... Just wow.
aa0.png

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
When you get trapped to get killfarmed, your opponent took the time to set up a trap for you and then kill you to respawn in it. He could just as well get your egg and eliminate you. Conclusion:
If you get trapped to get killfarmed you just lost the game (unless your opponents messes up really badly) and you can leave. This rule is absolutely not needed and is negative for the gameplay as @Mesbar explained.

Reactions: Mesbar

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
So you're saying, you would intentionally elongate the game to get a few extra points when you could play the game correctly and get more points that way? Sounds like trolling that should have been punishable a long time ago. Either way, I as a player hated getting killed over and over because the person who was killing me didn't want to play the game correctly and just finish it and move on to another game where they could try to win for more points.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Here's pretty much a general idea of how it's going to work:
upload_2019-1-10_16-2-55.png

To reiterate: It's not that you aren't allowed to set up a trap to keep the enemies in place, it's the kill farming that's the issue. As long as you break the egg, which shouldn't be hard to do once you got all the enemies trapped, then you're fine. BUT if you're just there to kill farm, then yes, it's a punishable offense. Of course the evidence will have to be pretty clear when it comes to reporting.

Regarding the "issue" of losing an easy tactic to gain points, why can't you just earn them by playing legitimately? You're more likely going to be spending hours trying to earn a few measly points when you could have spent those hours actually playing the game.

When you get trapped to get killfarmed, your opponent took the time to set up a trap for you and then kill you to respawn in it. He could just as well get your egg and eliminate you. Conclusion:
If you get trapped to get killfarmed you just lost the game (unless your opponents messes up really badly) and you can leave. This rule is absolutely not needed and is negative for the gameplay as @Mesbar explained.

This was touched upon in the other thread. tl;dr this rule is mostly meant for newer players who aren't aware of the commands, and to not give them a bad impression of a game they could have liked and enjoyed.

---

Of course there are other ways to "counteract" kill farming in Eggwars, such as advertising the commands to leave a game and whatnot.Or better yet, to simply stop giving points for every kill you make. If the latter does happen, then the rule in place will still make sense. There's literally zero reason for you to kill farm, aside from trying to make your stats look all the more shiny.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Here's pretty much a general idea of how it's going to work:View attachment 150498

To reiterate: It's not that you aren't allowed to set up a trap to keep the enemies in place, it's the kill farming that's the issue. As long as you break the egg, which shouldn't be hard to do once you got all the enemies trapped, then you're fine. BUT if you're just there to kill farm, then yes, it's a punishable offense. Of course the evidence will have to be pretty clear when it comes to reporting.

Regarding the "issue" of losing an easy tactic to gain points, why can't you just earn them by playing legitimately? You're more likely going to be spending hours trying to earn a few measly points when you could have spent those hours actually playing the game.

This was touched upon in the other thread. tl;dr this rule is mostly meant for newer players who aren't aware of the commands, and to not give them a bad impression of a game they could have liked and enjoyed.

---

Of course there are other ways to "counteract" kill farming in Eggwars, such as advertising the commands to leave a game and whatnot.Or better yet, to simply stop giving points for every kill you make. If the latter does happen, then the rule in place will still make sense. There's literally zero reason for you to kill farm, aside from trying to make your stats look all the more shiny.
So... it make your stats less shiny... Great reason for this rule change. Why is there a need to add a rule when theres so little support for that rule change in that first place? A bad impression? Then why cant Cube do something to make it known? No tutorials, etc and yet a solution for something that happens so rarely and so scarcely...
And this is a legitimate way to gain points, since when does eggwars have to be played a certain way? The beauty of this game I'd that you can do whatever you want for your own goal, camping, killing, etc.
There's not a point for an implementation of the rules in the first place...
So you're saying, you would intentionally elongate the game to get a few extra points when you could play the game correctly and get more points that way? Sounds like trolling that should have been punishable a long time ago. Either way, I as a player hated getting killed over and over because the person who was killing me didn't want to play the game correctly and just finish it and move on to another game where they could try to win for more points.
Is that not for the player to choose? Why is the server forcing a playstyle? And also, while you may have hated being killed over and over again, what about the kill farming player? Ehat if the player enjoyed it? In games, you cannot satisfy both sides. Ever. Using an anecdote for a game where positives and negatives happen is pointless.
What about camping then? Camping is annoying as hell and is fustrating. Shall we ban it then? The logic for such a rule change is ridiculous.

Reactions: Mesbar and Onik

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
My only concern towards this rule being implemented was, that kill farming has been around for quite a while and it seems to me kinda stupid to a point where you decided to do something against it only after 5-6 years or so. If you really had the intentions of preventing new players from leaving, you probably should've passed this rule much sooner. Regarding the reasons of polishing your stats, ideally the only person who can really see those "stats" is your own self, and it really doesn't describe much to itself. Also, I understand that it may be troublesome to have someone kill you on your first game however, I feel that from then on you'll want to strive towards becoming a better player. At least that's what I've seen prior and I'm positive many players can agree with me on this statement.

Reactions: Mesbar

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
So... it make your stats less shiny... Great reason for this rule change. Why is there a need to add a rule when theres so little support for that rule change in that first place? A bad impression? Then why cant Cube do something to make it known? No tutorials, etc and yet a solution that's something that happens so rarely and so scarcely...
And this is a legitimate way to gain points, since when does eggwars have to be played a certain way? The beauty of this game I'd that you can do whatever you want for your own goal, camping, killing, etc.
There's not a point for an implementation of the rules in the first place...

No where did I say that because it makes your stats less shiny, that it's the reason why the rule was implemented in the first place. Maybe the shiny part is something you misunderstood.

Just because there's so little support for a rule, doesn't mean it's a valid rule. Why are there rules in the first place, even outside of a Minecraft server? Maybe you don't like it, but it's there for a reason. You're trying to argue that kill farming is a legitimate play style, maybe you're right, maybe you're not. But what remains when you chase it to its bone, is that in the end it's pretty much exploiting and trolling. In my opinion, kill farming is borderline multi-accounting. You're only there for farm stats and points, but the only difference is, that the other player is not your alt.

I've already addressed why other "solutions" wouldn't necessarily help, but you seem to have just skipped over it.

Is that not for the player to choose? Why is the server forcing a playstyle? And also, while you may have hated being killed over and over again, what about the kill farming player? Ehat if the player enjoyed it? In games, you cannot satisfy both sides. Ever. Using an anecdote for a game where positives and negatives happen is pointless.

Again here, you're trying to argue that kill farming is legitimate play style. Hey, maybe you do like using this as an opportunity to satisfy your inner lust for killing a naked player over and over and over and over, but like you said, "you can't satisfy both sides". If I had a choice to make between which side I rather appease, I rather choose appeasing the one being exploited over the person who wants to exploit. For all I care, go to FFA and target the players in the Samurai kit or Sniper kit with the other kits. You can make yourself feel better that way =).

What about camping then? Camping is annoying as hell and is fustrating. Shall we ban it then? The logic for such a rule change is ridiculous.

"Camping
Camping is defined as intentionally avoiding playing the game as intended by making it impossible or near impossible to access you. Camping is strictly prohibited.

Camping can take the form of skybasing, building a floating base far from the normal play area, surrounding yourself with hazards like lava, or otherwise making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to create a stalemate.

Shop camping in assassins is not punishable, however it is discouraged as it can cause frustrations among the players.

Camping in Eggwars does not apply to players farming generators for resources or to players defending their egg.

Punishment track: Warning → 1 day ban → 7 day ban → 30 day ban → Permanent ban"

My only concern towards this rule being implemented was, that kill farming has been around for quite a while and it seems to me kinda stupid to a point where you decided to do something against it only after 5-6 years or so. If you really had the intentions of preventing new players from leaving, you probably should've passed this rule much sooner. Regarding the reasons of polishing your stats, ideally the only person who can really see those "stats" is your own self, and it really doesn't describe much to itself. Also, I understand that it may be troublesome to have someone kill you on your first game however, I feel that from then on you'll want to strive towards becoming a better player. At least that's what I've seen prior and I'm positive many players can agree with me on this statement.

- I dunno what's more to say than just that things are bound to change. Tradition or having something almost seemingly become ingrained into what we are familiar with, doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing.

- I think losing games in general will make you strive towards becoming a better player, regardless.

Reactions: Snodia

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
It’s basically ruining good tactics for points, which has ruined the game for essentially everyone that used to do that. For example, whenever there was one person left I used to kill farm them.
What's the fun in grinding though?
Edit: oops i read the thread wrong

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Any proof that this rule exists?

"Trolling
Trolling is defined as intentionally taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying, upsetting, or bullying another player. Trolling is strictly prohibited.

Trolling can take many forms, like killing/injuring teammates, breaking crafting tables to steal from teammates, breaking defenses for no reason in games like Blockwars, spamming a player with friend/party invites or intentionally blocking teammates from building towers in Tower Defense. Trolling can also be used in games like EggWars where players will purposely block players in their spawn with obsidian to farm kills or to just keep them stuck, and not getting their egg."

Reactions: Lilleh__ and Snodia

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
"Trolling
Trolling is defined as intentionally taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying, upsetting, or bullying another player. Trolling is strictly prohibited.

Trolling can take many forms, like killing/injuring teammates, breaking crafting tables to steal from teammates, breaking defenses for no reason in games like Blockwars, spamming a player with friend/party invites or intentionally blocking teammates from building towers in Tower Defense. Trolling can also be used in games like EggWars where players will purposely block players in their spawn with obsidian to farm kills or to just keep them stuck, and not getting their egg."
The part you highlighted is new. Kill farming is uncommon yes it happens but it is uncommon non the less.

Thic

Jan 11, 2019
@AnimalTamer1 Why would spawn killing be bannable but not a party of 10 people with ranks farming wins on mansion. People can avoid being spawn killed easily by typing 6 characters "/leave" but you can't really avoid facing a party of 10 people with ranks. I just don't get it at all there's literally no point in making it bannable because if you get trapped in your spawn with obi, you can basically count it as losing. And personally as a player that plays eggwars a lot Spawn trapping is a strategy used by some people to actually help them win. For example, say there are 5 people on a team that keep hitting you after u kill them spawn trapping is a great strategy for making sure you can kill all the annoying kids who literally non-stop spam click you right after they re-spawn. Also, spawntrapping helps a game because even after you get someones egg that player may run away which literally happens everytime and literally extends the game for an unnecessary amount of time. Therefore my point is, spawnkilling doesn't harm anyone in anyway it can be used as a strategy and even if someone is just using it for points. You can easily avoid it by literally typing "/leave"

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
@AnimalTamer1 Why would spawn killing be bannable but not a party of 10 people with ranks farming wins on mansion. People can avoid being spawn killed easily by typing 6 characters "/leave" but you can't really avoid facing a party of 10 people with ranks. I just don't get it at all there's literally no point in making it bannable because if you get trapped in your spawn with obi, you can basically count it as losing. And personally as a player that plays eggwars a lot Spawn trapping is a strategy used by some people to actually help them win. For example, say there are 5 people on a team that keep hitting you after u kill them spawn trapping is a great strategy for making sure you can kill all the annoying kids who literally non-stop spam click you right after they re-spawn. Also, spawntrapping helps a game because even after you get someones egg that player may run away which literally happens everytime and literally extends the game for an unnecessary amount of time. Therefore my point is, spawnkilling doesn't harm anyone in anyway it can be used as a strategy and even if someone is just using it for points. You can easily avoid it by literally typing "/leave"
Finally a person with common sense these idiots creating dumb rules just to annoy the major EggWars players... ugh at least I have a person who has sense. Thank you Thic you have restored my faith in humanity m.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
To help to be clear, the rule was made to keep from having the games me majorly elongated by the players that would trap using obby and just continuously kill players without breaking the egg (whether to annoy/trigger/whatever). Where they only have the intent to kill players for more points when they could just be playing games normally and possibly getting more points for getting an actual win.

Also, you have to look at it from a new player's point of view. What if you were a new player and you just found the great game of Eggwars? You join the server and jump into a game. Granted, you may not know the commands of the server and not everyone knows that /leave or /hub were a thing. It would be very triggering and demotivating when you get trapped in your spawn by blocks that take literally 5 minutes to break with your fist and were repeatedly killed by someone who knew the game better than you did. I personally would get a bad impression of the server and might never want to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom