GiGaGekkies

Forum Expert
Dec 22, 2019
The Future
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, Cubecraft-ers!

Today I'd like to suggest a removal of the floating villages in every gamemode. There really isn't any reason for them to be there, as you can't get to them and they don't change the gameplay one bit, but they can definitely look ugly and even distract some newer and less experienced players. Another reason is that without floating villages, players won't be asking if they are a bug anymore, and therefore most certainly won't be reporting them as bugs, which can save the staff team quite some time.

What do you think about this? Please share your opinion!

Disclaimer: @xAmazinq came up with this idea, but he asked me to create this suggestion

Villages.png

Jan 7, 2022
I believe this is caused by a glitch due to world generation. Since the server was created before a proper “void” world was created, it’s technically a super flat world with no grass or terrain of any sorts which causes the villages to naturally generate. I agree, they should be removed, but with my knowledge of minecraft, it may be difficult to change each and every map over to a new “void” world to prevent the spawning of villages. Still a very annoying bug though!

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I'll keep this brief. The fact that these random villages exist in so many maps is awkward. You'd just casually be playing MinerWare, you get the Fly Through The Hoops boss game and you fly over a floating village. They look incredibly out of place and they take your attention. In short: They're just annoying.

I hope this is fixable in one way or another.

GiGaGekkies

Forum Expert
Dec 22, 2019
The Future
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey!
Thanks for the replies, it's appreciated.
Still a very annoying bug though!
The problem is that you can't report it as a bug, because it isn't a bug [Spoiler 1].
I. I agree, they should be removed, but with my knowledge of minecraft, it may be difficult to change each and every map over to a new “void” world to prevent the spawning of villages.
I think they should stay, not just because they are difficult to remove, but also because it's kinda funny to see villages floating in the air :)
It's not hard to implement, because you can simply remove the villages in the seed or just renew it to a void world [Spoiler 2]. It may take time, but it's not on us to judge whether it is difficult to implement or not.

spoiler 1.jpg
spoiler 2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom