Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Auto-Armour be removed from EggWars?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
No, its not just a quality of life feature! It has gameplay features as well too.
For me it is. QoL and gameplay features aren't mutually exclusive.

Maybe you are not into playing team eggwars on your own (aka without a party), but for people that are, they are FAST at armour switching and inventory management. Believe it or not, but inventory management is a skill (it is super fast paced too btw bc vs diamond swords, leather armour breaks FAST).
Not anymore, but I used to play team eggwars all the time. Only switched to solo when they removed the signs, because I only cared for 2 maps (under da sea and teaparty). Yes, knowing your way around the inventory and hotkeys is a skill.

In the old days before auto armour, when you are 1v2ing or 1v3ing a team of full irons at a base and you break their armour, they would have to run to the villager and buy it, then equip it. In that time, if your pvp is good enough, you can quick drop the guy whose helmet broke.
I can't say I have been in situations like that more than enough time to take away this feature. Fast or not, if you gotta run to the villager and buy armor you are gonna get hit a lot and most likely get a decent combo on yourself.

But now (with auto armour) it is impossible to kill them because the armour auto equips for them. No skill.
Yet you still have to run away from the fight, open the shop, buy the armor you need and get back in the fight. If you can do that untouched than that's pretty skilled I would say. Prevent your opponent from running to the villager, pin them down, crit them, knock them in any other direction etc.

I am not trying to make it so that there is less quality of life in the game, I just want there to be more skill gaps, the game is much more fun that way and it is so much fun to improve.
I get that, but the game already has a huge skill gap. There are a lot of people playing that don't even seem to know about 1.9+ pvp. I really don't feel like this would bring a much needed skill gap to the game. Maybe I haven't played nearly enough team games in the last couple years to fully understand your point, but for I simply would not like this. It barely would change the game for me, besides I now need a couple extra clicks to equip my armor.

Mouudie

Nov 7, 2019
In Eggwars there was a feature added that when you purchase armour in the shop it automatically equips it. It also de-equips any weaker armour and automatically equips the stronger armour. For example if you were in full leather and you bought full iron, it will de-equip the leather armour and automatically equip the iron armour.
This is a great feature for bedrock since equipping armour on console is much harder, due to the inventory navigation. Also you cannot switch armour with keybinds on console, so its perfectly understandable why that was added to bedrock.

Why was it added to java? It offers more negatives than positives
It greatly lowers the difficulty of the game, since you no longer have to buy the armour, open your inventory and equip it. Now all you have to do is press 1 button and the game does everything else for you.
There are many scenarios where you DON’T want your armour equipped for you. One of them is when you’re in leather armour, and you buy iron armour and it automatically de-equips your leather armour into your inventory. This destructs mass-armour buying and messes up inventory space utilisation. Another reason is that you want to keep your leather armour on to ‘appeal’ to other players, making them think you’re not geared, when in reality you are. You might argue that well you can just take off your iron armour and put your leather armour back on. Well yes, but why I shouldn’t have to be able to do that, it is a big inconvenience and wastes my time.

Another common scenario is when you’re fighting an opponent, the opponent helmets break, exposing him to some fatal damage. But oh wait, what is this? He can just buy a new one in less than a second from the shop. Instead of strategically preparing your inventory with more armour, you can just hang around the villager and buy armour whenever its close to breaking, since you don’t have to bother with opening your inventory and wearing it, the game does it for you. It absolutely takes out all strategy and skill, which are important in EggWars.
I’ve seen many players abuse this feature, by eating 1 notch apple, and hanging around the villager knowing that they don’t have to worry about how many armour sets they have in their inventory, because the notch makes them tanky enough that they can safely purchase armour & have the game auto-equip it for them. It greatly prolongs the game, since it makes it harder to kill opponents since they have this absurd and overpowered feature available to them
It also exposes any strategy that you might have, for example if you have a lot of diamonds and you want to buy diamond armour, but you don’t want your opponent finding out since you want to make them think they have the upper hand, well you cannot do that because the game will automatically equip your diamond armour and expose your strategy & resources. This will enable your opponent to run away sine they know they won’t be able to take you on, thus making the game last much much more longer than need be.
“But Mesbar, it helps new players since they aren’t very good at equipping and managing their inventory!” Well Eggwars Armour can be related to SkyWars. In skywars, you have to manage your armour in your inventory, and swap out any bad/good armour yourself, in skywars there isn’t an auto-armour option for a reason, and there shouldn’t be one for Eggwars. The only reason BedWars offers this, its because the armor is a permanent upgrade.

Eggwars was different from BedWars & CakeWars because it didn’t offer auto-armour, it made the game challenging, it didn’t hold your hand and feed you.
What’s next? Are they going to add auto-armour to skywars because its “too hard” to manage armour?

What do you guys think?
i dont like this idea actually, and i Think most people Think like i do too.

Shomita

Dec 29, 2016
Perú
I say that it is something easier than ordering the inventory. It is also a great utility when the inventory stays BUG, that is, if there was no such thing as changing the armor automatically, I would have to fight until the armor is brokenr. I think it's something very useful.

Mouudie

Nov 7, 2019
I say that it is something easier than ordering the inventory. It is also a great utility when the inventory stays BUG, that is, if there was no such thing as changing the armor automatically, I would have to fight until the armor is brokenr. I think it's something very useful.
yeah

Atom_

Sep 18, 2016
I think that this feature should be removed because equipping your own gear takes time, and time is valuable in a fast paced situation. It takes more skill to play this way. People can just go into the shop and click two buttons and you have gear, where as you would have to buy the gear, then equip it. It's also annoying when someone is re spawning and can just buy gear and its automatically on them, you killed them so if they can just go to the villager with spawn prot and buy armor, its easy for them to recover and not as much skill.

Just_MiguelGG

Novice Member
Jan 19, 2020
Netherlands, Utrecht
In Eggwars there was a feature added that when you purchase armour in the shop it automatically equips it. It also de-equips any weaker armour and automatically equips the stronger armour. For example if you were in full leather and you bought full iron, it will de-equip the leather armour and automatically equip the iron armour.
This is a great feature for bedrock since equipping armour on console is much harder, due to the inventory navigation. Also you cannot switch armour with keybinds on console, so its perfectly understandable why that was added to bedrock.

Why was it added to java? It offers more negatives than positives
It greatly lowers the difficulty of the game, since you no longer have to buy the armour, open your inventory and equip it. Now all you have to do is press 1 button and the game does everything else for you.
There are many scenarios where you DON’T want your armour equipped for you. One of them is when you’re in leather armour, and you buy iron armour and it automatically de-equips your leather armour into your inventory. This destructs mass-armour buying and messes up inventory space utilisation. Another reason is that you want to keep your leather armour on to ‘appeal’ to other players, making them think you’re not geared, when in reality you are. You might argue that well you can just take off your iron armour and put your leather armour back on. Well yes, but why I shouldn’t have to be able to do that, it is a big inconvenience and wastes my time.

Another common scenario is when you’re fighting an opponent, the opponent helmets break, exposing him to some fatal damage. But oh wait, what is this? He can just buy a new one in less than a second from the shop. Instead of strategically preparing your inventory with more armour, you can just hang around the villager and buy armour whenever its close to breaking, since you don’t have to bother with opening your inventory and wearing it, the game does it for you. It absolutely takes out all strategy and skill, which are important in EggWars.
I’ve seen many players abuse this feature, by eating 1 notch apple, and hanging around the villager knowing that they don’t have to worry about how many armour sets they have in their inventory, because the notch makes them tanky enough that they can safely purchase armour & have the game auto-equip it for them. It greatly prolongs the game, since it makes it harder to kill opponents since they have this absurd and overpowered feature available to them
It also exposes any strategy that you might have, for example if you have a lot of diamonds and you want to buy diamond armour, but you don’t want your opponent finding out since you want to make them think they have the upper hand, well you cannot do that because the game will automatically equip your diamond armour and expose your strategy & resources. This will enable your opponent to run away sine they know they won’t be able to take you on, thus making the game last much much more longer than need be.
“But Mesbar, it helps new players since they aren’t very good at equipping and managing their inventory!” Well Eggwars Armour can be related to SkyWars. In skywars, you have to manage your armour in your inventory, and swap out any bad/good armour yourself, in skywars there isn’t an auto-armour option for a reason, and there shouldn’t be one for Eggwars. The only reason BedWars offers this, its because the armor is a permanent upgrade.

Eggwars was different from BedWars & CakeWars because it didn’t offer auto-armour, it made the game challenging, it didn’t hold your hand and feed you.
What’s next? Are they going to add auto-armour to skywars because its “too hard” to manage armour?

What do you guys think?
I understand why you made this forum, but this option was actually made for people that are attacked and need to make armour really quick. If you look at it from this perspective i hope you see why they added it!

TP_Mees

Novice Member
Jan 19, 2020
Netherlands, Utrecht
I couldn't give you a single reason why this feature should be deleted. The only thing that will chance is the game to slow down. I don't think that's what we want do we? -1

CharlesBeetle

Sep 24, 2019
i say remove it but on the other hand there would be a lot of annoying issues like long games but i think it'll be fine

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Again, stop reacting on inactive threads.

msmzhohw2ge21.png

Reactions: Zathelas

AlperenKuru

Feb 18, 2017
My house
It doesn't really make sense? I mean without auto-armor your wasting a couple seconds that your realistically waste while waiting for iron, gold, or diamonds. So it wouldn't really make that large of a difference.

- Alperen

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
sorry didn't know this was a threat for a long time and don't know how to delete my answer

Akan

May 3, 2020
This feature helps lots of new players and many other players. It’s fast and has no glitches in opinion. I respect your opinion but I believe this feature should not be tampered or removed.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
This feature helps lots of new players and many other players. It’s fast and has no glitches in opinion. I respect your opinion but I believe this feature should not be tampered or removed.
Dont necro post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Top Bottom