Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I'm maybe not the most positive player, but removing 1.8 is Worst!!! idea i heard so far.

Is it the worst idea, because you enjoy 1.8 and want to continue playing it on Cubecraft... or is it the worst idea, because you cannot find the logic in their reasoning for doing this?

Isn't this community made for everyone? Kinda sad if u would remove 1.8 don't you think?

I would hope the priority is delivering quality. With an ever evolving game like Minecraft there comes a time some servers will want to be updated, both to enjoy new possibilities and stability/ease of development. Other large servers have been "stuck" on 1.8, because there are still people that prefer that combat over the "new" combat.

I'd argue there are much better server to go to play 1.8 pvp. Admittedly I don't play 1.8 often anymore, but when I do, it's not on Cubecraft. So I'm glad we also get a large server that updates to a slightly more recent version. Finally we'll be able to enjoy some of the new content and blocks in Cubecraft games.

Nov 10, 2019
Netherlands
I dont think its a good idea to keeo 1.8 because the games cant be updated with new items. Also the player base from java is mostly 1.9 and if there is 10-12% of the players on 1.8 its hardly said not worth it. And someone said that tower defence is not needed as well but that is a games server built in a bigger server. The 1.8 us an co pletely other server which cists wag more then a few small game servers. Als the playerbase on java would grow because players want new updates and if the updates are good for people who dont play yet but who want to if its updated the playerbase will grow more then 1.8 has players right now. That is why this is a hard decision but it is a good one and if you dont like it. Its not something we can change becsuse there needed to be focus on both and that split the update speednin half. And because it has 10% but 50% of java's development attention iiiifs unfair for olayers in higher versions.

zBune

Jun 3, 2017
Nederland/Netherlands
Twitch.tv
I dont think its a good idea to keeo 1.8 because the games cant be updated with new items. Also the player base from java is mostly 1.9 and if there is 10-12% of the players on 1.8 its hardly said not worth it. And someone said that tower defence is not needed as well but that is a games server built in a bigger server. The 1.8 us an co pletely other server which cists wag more then a few small game servers. Als the playerbase on java would grow because players want new updates and if the updates are good for people who dont play yet but who want to if its updated the playerbase will grow more then 1.8 has players right now. That is why this is a hard decision but it is a good one and if you dont like it. Its not something we can change becsuse there needed to be focus on both and that split the update speednin half. And because it has 10% but 50% of java's development attention iiiifs unfair for olayers in higher versions.
They can update the games really easy, their dev skills are medium.
But they could easily also steal resourcepacks to add extra items, as that they didn't steal enough plugins yet.

'We make our own plugins' Mhm seen enough plugins that work like OG plugins, without any customization by themselves.

Nov 10, 2019
Netherlands
But they could easily also steal resourcepacks to add extra items, as that they didn't steal enough plugins yet.

'We make our own plugins' Mhm seen enough plugins that work like OG plugins, without any customization by themselves.
Their dev skills maybe are medium, if you think so you can go apply to help them improve. Also the plugins they use are OG because they made them OG. Also updating games isn't very easy. Especially with the bugs and glitches. Also it was very expensive to keep up the 1.8 for sometimes not even 100 players. That is why they are going to remove it.

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

aveely69

Nov 12, 2017
You are not only removing a network but a whole network worth of communities and half of your player base. While I am also excited for the newer updates that you have in store, I still do feel like having 1.8 around somehow would still benefit the server and keep a lot more of your players. I hope this is considered :(
pls unban

D

Deleted member 511644

I'm sorry if this has already been reacted, didn't really took the time to read all of the reactions to the thread, as being a 1.8 player by myself too, it is a big chance to see that the network will close down, and I agree with you that not everyone owns an account of Minecraft Bedrock, but as a Minecraft server you can't stick on an old version as it will go cost time, time that can be spend to other cool updates, as things CubeCraft can do now with the changelogs from 1.9-1.12.2.

And as also got explained, with every update you do, you have to find a way to can do it on 1.8 as 1.12, and that will be really hard due to the changes in development and blocks, and I agree with you it would be a good thing to make a Classic PvP game, and many will probally agree with this, but I've also seen alot of players that wouldn't like this and will move on what ever happens, and if you see a gamemode without any players, you wouldn't join.

For the rest, it is hard to already go for the step to move on to a version higher than 1.12, since in 1.13 there was alot of changes that not every player's PC can handle, and also development might a bit unstable for that yet.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US

All our plugins are custom? I don’t know where you’re getting your info from.

zBune

Jun 3, 2017
Nederland/Netherlands
Twitch.tv
Is it the worst idea, because you enjoy 1.8 and want to continue playing it on Cubecraft... or is it the worst idea, because you cannot find the logic in their reasoning for doing this?

I would hope the priority is delivering quality. With an ever evolving game like Minecraft there comes a time some servers will want to be updated, both to enjoy new possibilities and stability/ease of development. Other large servers have been "stuck" on 1.8, because there are still people that prefer that combat over the "new" combat.

I'd argue there are much better server to go to play 1.8 pvp. Admittedly I don't play 1.8 often anymore, but when I do, it's not on Cubecraft. So I'm glad we also get a large server that updates to a slightly more recent version. Finally we'll be able to enjoy some of the new content and blocks in Cubecraft games.
Imagine if they can no longer update it, and just go to Bedrock Only, then what? Will u also agree with their choices. What a shame, *Example*

• Disagree
Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Imagine if they can no longer update it, and just go to Bedrock Only, then what? Will u also agree with their choices. What a shame, *Example*
That's an extreme escalation, going from shutting down Java 1.8 because it's not worth it any more. Is very different from shutting down Java itself.

Wqsknijper

Dedicated Member
•Add accordingly 1.8 combat stimulated in 1.12
(Add the popular 1.8 modes such as FFA and Egg Wars stimulated to +1.12, if it is a success, potentially do the same with other modes.
Potentially do later do the same with 1.8 and 1.9 in the new combat in the future)
They already had such a thing, I would really like this to be re-added. Though, it may not feel like the older versions, but if every gamemode had some servers running on 1.8 combat on 1.12(+) I think CubeCraft would keep 1.8 players, for example, a lot of leaderboard players in Skywars gained lots of wins through 1.8, not they will easily get caught up by other players once they stop. Great suggestion ✅

Reactions: HurricaneLexx
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom