Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zrathex

Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
MARS WITHOUT OXYGEN :|
youtube.com
@Marco Slater I would like to bring up that users who use TeamSpeak must be secure from joining other team speaks. This have been used through Counter-Strike:Global Offensive players to get their steam and get their inventory. How does this work? You will be asked to join a ts and they give you the ip/domain, then you join it and it will tell you to update teamspeak. You are basically downloading a RAT and not a update. Someone have tried it on me and lucky I use Malwarebytes as anti-virus so they couldn't get me. Be aware of this issue!

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
@Marco Slater I would like to bring up that users who use TeamSpeak must be secure from joining other team speaks. This have been used through Counter-Strike:Global Offensive players to get their steam and get their inventory. How does this work? You will be asked to join a ts and they give you the ip/domain, then you join it and it will tell you to update teamspeak. You are basically downloading a RAT and not a update. Someone have tried it on me and lucky I use Malwarebytes as anti-virus so they couldn't get me. Be aware of this issue!
Is malwarebytes that good of a anti-virus? A friend told me that and downloaded it for me, but it keeps saying that Skype and the Minecraft launcher are viruses...

Anyway, I totally agree with yo.

Zrathex

Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
MARS WITHOUT OXYGEN :|
youtube.com
Is malwarebytes that good of a anti-virus? A friend told me that and downloaded it for me, but it keeps saying that Skype and the Minecraft launcher are viruses...

Anyway, I totally agree with yo.
Yes it is definitely a good anti-virus program and I also have premium for it. It says skype "Phone" is virus for me which might be true.
If you for example download a rat it wont download clause malware blocks it. Have saved me so many times.

Skylord_Duck

Aug 30, 2016
The man himself! Thank you for the heads up! Hopefully it keeps more members of the Minecraft community safe!

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
NEVER give information away
One guy tried to "give me a free rank", and he isisted that he would get me obsidian rank.
Nope, Not gonna happen, me and a few other people in the lobby told him it was wrong to scam other players, we then told him to stop, he did. He was sorry for trying to scam other people
But he was #Exposed and i was #TRIGGERED

djstar25

Jul 12, 2016
Dragonia
Hello CubeCrafters,

I'd like to take a moment to warn all of our users about the recent increase in phishing attacks targeting all Minecraft users, and their often complex ways of getting login information.

Lately, there has been a rise in websites that are sent via chat messages to our users advertising free ranks from our store, or free capes, or any free items that incentivise the user to click the link. Once the user opens the website, it prompts for a few details, including the Mojang username and E-Mail and the Mojang password.

The other type of phishing attack that has been happening lately are users who advertise to add them on "Skype" for them to give you a free rank, shortly after, the phishing attacker will ask you via Skype to give them your account username and password.

There are other less common ways, they all involve a bait, such as a "free rank" or "free cape" to get the user to disclose their information.

I want you all to understand and remember to NEVER give ANYONE your password for your Mojang account, or any other passwords for services. Unless you WANT to share your account information with someone you trust (EG: your brother/sister/friend), NOBODY needs to know your login username and password.

There is no secret way of getting a free rank or a free cape using your login details. The reason attackers ask for them is because they want to steal your account, and all of the information within it.

As for our site, we will NEVER ask you to add us on "Skype", or visit a third party website to get a "free rank". The only way to get a discounted or free rank on our store is when we have an ongoing sale, or are advertising discount codes (EG: The Obsidian rank giveaway that we did when we hit a milestone on our Twitter.).

In any case, these codes, and ranks will ALWAYS be trough our official store which can be found at http://store.cubecraft.net/ - Or our official Twitter account which can be found at https://twitter.com/CubeCraftGames

Any other websites that users advertise in chat should be treated as a potential phishing website, and if you see a form asking you for your details, DO NOT ENTER THEM. Do not give ANYONE that you do not trust your passwords.

We do NOT use Skype, therefore do not trust ANYONE who says they will give you free items in exchange for login details via Skype, if this happens to you, do NOT share your login details with them, and block and report the account immediately!

If you think you have had your login details compromised, reset your password as soon as possible! If that does not work, then contact Mojang immediately!

Details on how to do this can be found here: https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/361483-my-account-was-stolen?b_id=5408

We try our best to keep our chat clean of phishing websites, and our staff are aware of the threat, however at times some links can slip by our filters and staff and still be shown to our users, if you see a link asking for your details, report it to us immediately, so we can take action to stop other users from being compromised by this.

If you need to contact us privately, you can contact us about general support queries on support@cubecraft.net - Or if your query is related to a recent purchase on our store, contact us on sales@cubecraft.net

If you have any questions, post them below. We will edit the post to include the most common ones.

Happy playing!

- Marco Slater
Always watching O.o

SparkyBlue

Dec 14, 2016
This website
Nice to see that the server staff and members give out warnings to situations like this. My friend got his minecraft account hacked roughly 10 days ago. The person changed his name and now his skin is a teletubby XD. My other friend was banned from several large servers after someone hacked his account and proceeded to use it to hack in minigames as well as swear and whatnot it chat.

RaZerDB

Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2016
Australia
www.youtube.com
Hello CubeCrafters,

I'd like to take a moment to warn all of our users about the recent increase in phishing attacks targeting all Minecraft users, and their often complex ways of getting login information.

Lately, there has been a rise in websites that are sent via chat messages to our users advertising free ranks from our store, or free capes, or any free items that incentivise the user to click the link. Once the user opens the website, it prompts for a few details, including the Mojang username and E-Mail and the Mojang password.

The other type of phishing attack that has been happening lately are users who advertise to add them on "Skype" for them to give you a free rank, shortly after, the phishing attacker will ask you via Skype to give them your account username and password.

There are other less common ways, they all involve a bait, such as a "free rank" or "free cape" to get the user to disclose their information.

I want you all to understand and remember to NEVER give ANYONE your password for your Mojang account, or any other passwords for services. Unless you WANT to share your account information with someone you trust (EG: your brother/sister/friend), NOBODY needs to know your login username and password.

There is no secret way of getting a free rank or a free cape using your login details. The reason attackers ask for them is because they want to steal your account, and all of the information within it.

As for our site, we will NEVER ask you to add us on "Skype", or visit a third party website to get a "free rank". The only way to get a discounted or free rank on our store is when we have an ongoing sale, or are advertising discount codes (EG: The Obsidian rank giveaway that we did when we hit a milestone on our Twitter.).

In any case, these codes, and ranks will ALWAYS be trough our official store which can be found at http://store.cubecraft.net/ - Or our official Twitter account which can be found at https://twitter.com/CubeCraftGames

Any other websites that users advertise in chat should be treated as a potential phishing website, and if you see a form asking you for your details, DO NOT ENTER THEM. Do not give ANYONE that you do not trust your passwords.

We do NOT use Skype, therefore do not trust ANYONE who says they will give you free items in exchange for login details via Skype, if this happens to you, do NOT share your login details with them, and block and report the account immediately!

If you think you have had your login details compromised, reset your password as soon as possible! If that does not work, then contact Mojang immediately!

Details on how to do this can be found here: https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/361483-my-account-was-stolen?b_id=5408

We try our best to keep our chat clean of phishing websites, and our staff are aware of the threat, however at times some links can slip by our filters and staff and still be shown to our users, if you see a link asking for your details, report it to us immediately, so we can take action to stop other users from being compromised by this.

If you need to contact us privately, you can contact us about general support queries on support@cubecraft.net - Or if your query is related to a recent purchase on our store, contact us on sales@cubecraft.net

If you have any questions, post them below. We will edit the post to include the most common ones.

Happy playing!

- Marco Slater

Thanks a lot! I better keep an eye of myself from minecraft related phishing websites O_o

Reactions: RazerSensitivity

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
I once gave my password out to a person online, (without thinking), they compromised my account and told me "You can't get this account back". Little did they know I am not very dumb ,(even though I gave up my password), what i'my basically saying is DON'T make the mistake I did, and never lose hope as u still have my account to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom