Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
Reason Why Ban should be IP Ban and How to make people that share the same computer that have 2 minecraft account with a hack using elder brother / Young brother and Want to join in!
PxRXA20.gif
PxRXA20.gif

1. zDutchie Mod Staff Member Moderator
    Student
    Venom2807 said:
    "I suggest that if a player is clearly seen hacking and appeals, they should stay banned for at least a week. This will serve as like a final sentence."
    This doesn't make sense at all. Someone could be hacked or generally sorry.
    I find it really rude to accept an appeal (cause of one of the reasons stated above) and let them wait one more week.

The Mods even know this problem! Some account are being hacked, and hacker uses them as an "Alt"!
Why I suggest IP Ban, And i hope you guys would at the least consider it

Here it comes :
1. Banning IP Would results in the hacker CANNOT Hack again, and the hacked account the hacker use will not get wrongly banned.
2. BANNING IP WOULD DRASTICALLY Decrease the amount of hacker in this server, Because most hacker uses alt and when they are banned, they uses another alt, and repeating it, never using their real Account.

What your Concern will be :
1. VPN / Router / Such.
Do remember, this is an IP Ban! They might be able to escape it, But! They cannot use that Place again, and they would need to change their VPN Every time. And other hacker that try to use that IP Would instantly be banned and fail to use that APP.
I must say, i agree that it will be tedious at the early time, But the end result will be the Server Clean from all hacks. And by tedious, i mean normally what this server is facing currently.

How to Let a non hacker that plays in the same house as the hacker plays :
Short Answer : White List.
Long and Detailed Answer :
1. Someone who got IP Banned will do something some sort of an "Appeal"
2. Ask them to show that there are actually 2 minecraft account in a single Computer, or if they are using the same router, 2 minecraft account that they (A Non hacking player and his or her family / Friends that hacks) [I Agree, this won't work 100% since they can fake up the appeal saying that "This account is my brother's and he is the one hacking" While in reality he just have 2 minecraft account... For what ever reason, but at least this Stop all hackers that only have 1 account, the number of hacker will still dramatically drop]
3. White list the Name of the account
4. Player can join
5. If player hacks > Check if he is on whitelist > Yes, Ban; No, IP Ban.

I Am ready to answer any possible concern as to why this is a bad idea.
AND TO ADD : This will clean the problem of Hacker, and the mod doesn't need to check report every 24/7.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The problem is, some(actually a lot of) people don't even know the appeal exists or can't speak english properly, or don't have the technical skills to show
2. Ask them to show that there are actually 2 minecraft account in a single Computer, or if they are using the same router, 2 minecraft account that they (A Non hacking player and his or her family / Friends that hacks)
Is too hard for them (I know, even a pig could do it, but never underestimate people's stupidity.) People will get mad and tell cubecraft is a bad server etc etc etc..

The concept is great, and it looks really nice and all, but just to give an example of what happened with mineplex when they made GWEN a little too sensitive:
mineplex.png

Basically everything went to feces.

Now don't get me wrong, I really like the idea, I just don't think it will work out that well.
No,/QUOTE]
Please don't micropost, it's against the rules.
NVM you edited a little (and my quote went to feces)

Reactions: NedGaming

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
The problem is, some(actually a lot of) people don't even know the appeal exists or can't speak english properly, or don't have the technical skills to show

Is too hard for them (I know, even a pig could do it, but never underestimate people's stupidity.) People will get mad and tell cubecraft is a bad server etc etc etc..

The concept is great, and it looks really nice and all, but just to give an example of what happened with mineplex when they made GWEN a little too sensitive:
View attachment 125268

Basically everything went to feces.

Now don't get me wrong, I really like the idea, I just don't think it will work out that well.

NVM you edited a little (and my quote went to feces)

Put "Didn't hack? Appeal at cubecraft.net!"
And we have a lot of multilingual mod here o3o

p.s and i just think minecraft is dying, that's why the player count dropped.

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
Dont establish things what you dont even know. In a appeal you apply with 50+ Words, its required
And when i though that apply to other people too...
Anyway, as i said on my main post :
1. Someone who got IP Banned will do something some sort of an "Appeal"
Its
not an appeal, its some sort of an appeal. My english's vocabulary doesn't have the correct word to use, so i choose appeal and add, something some sort of an appeal.

Reactions: NedGaming

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
very good idea, but they will be able to change ip with no instantly ban , i hope, that cubecraft will figure this out!

B

Britney Spears

I wouldn't see a reason to start IP banning since literally everyone can bypass an IP ban. It would make things so much more complicated since innocent players would suffer from these IP bans as well.

Reactions: JerrySox

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I wouldn't see a reason to start IP banning since literally everyone can bypass an IP ban. It would make things so much more complicated since innocent players would suffer from these IP bans as well.
Adding on to this another issue is im noticing a large amount of those banned are public alts or alts from an alt generator neither of which ip banning has an effect on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom