Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Don't do #2

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
1. Before a player logs onto the server.for the first time, they will be given a link to the rules, and they will have to agree to it (ie: by clicking an agree button) before they are able to do anything.

How that would look like in chat:
Before playing, you must read and agree to the rules: <link>
Type "agree" to continue.

2. People will be shown a rules link whenever they enter a lobby, unter the website/store/forum links.

"That creates spam!"
You seriously can't handle a single line of chat?

Last edited:

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think this sounds pretty cool. This will definitely help keep the player base more informed, though I don't think it will actually make people stop hacking. Hackers obviously don't care about the server enough. :P

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
You have no idea how many people join and leave a server after just logging on. A forced rules pop quiz would only make this number greater. Simply having the player agree to the rules might be ok though. I like ts idea of sending the player the rules link along with everything else though :D

Haggggis

Aug 1, 2016
SCOTLAND
1. Before a player logs onto the server.for the first time, they will be given a link to the rules, and they will have to agree to it (ie: by clicking an agree button) before they are able to do anything. To prevent players from agreeing without even reading the rules, they will be presented with a pop quiz about the rules. So they will be forced to read the rules before passing it.

After typing "agree":

When they get it right, they will be presented with the next question (all multiple choice) until getting them all right.

"But that's annoying!"
It'll only happen once. You can handle it.

2. People will be shown a rules link whenever they enter a lobby, unter the website/store/forum links.

"That creates spam!"

I think there isn't much point in this because there are many player that play for fun and not interested in the forms. Also most players will know the basic rules eg: no hacks / swearing and many others. If they have a query about what mods are allowed eg optfine and other questions like this they can check the rules. So Its a no from me but reply from this to let me know your opinion.
DJHI4 :cool:

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I think this sounds pretty cool. This will definitely help keep the player base more informed, though I don't think it will actually make people stop hacking. Hackers obviously don't care about the server enough. :p
Believe it or not, some hackers hack because they don't know its prohibited.
You have no idea how many people join and leave a server after just logging on. A forced rules pop quiz would only make this number greater. Simply having the player agree to the rules might be ok though. I like ts idea of sending the player the rules link along with everything else though :D
I guess you have a point- might change the suggestion later :).

Reactions: Power Ranger

Haggggis

Aug 1, 2016
SCOTLAND
Believe it or not, some hackers hack because they don't know its prohibited.

I guess you have a point- might change the suggestion later :).
Hackers when they log In to the server will know it's against most server policy.

_Razz_

Nov 30, 2016
1. Before a player logs onto the server.for the first time, they will be given a link to the rules, and they will have to agree to it (ie: by clicking an agree button) before they are able to do anything. To prevent players from agreeing without even reading the rules, they will be presented with a pop quiz about the rules. So they will be forced to read the rules before passing it.

After typing "agree":

When they get it right, they will be presented with the next question (all multiple choice) until getting them all right.

"But that's annoying!"
It'll only happen once. You can handle it.

"That creates spam!"

No less player will join the server. I get pissed when servers do this type of stuff. Even a few youtubers said "I will not play on your server when you do ^^^" - badboyhalo. But I like the part that the player has to agree with the rules.

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
I think this won't help a lot, since people already knows most of the rule such as no hack/ no teaming, so even if this is added people will still break the rules.

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
This would be like terms of service that comes with almost every software.. Noone reads it..
true-story-neil-patrick-harris.png

D

Deleted member 169486

I have played on many servers and find I quit ones that have a quiz like that as soon as I see it. Maybe in chat they can have multiple links to the rules in different languages, that way everyone would understand and the need for warnings would be removed as they have been presented with the rules and should know what they are doing wrong.

Reactions: ISTY.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I think this sounds pretty cool. This will definitely help keep the player base more informed, though I don't think it will actually make people stop hacking. Hackers obviously don't care about the server enough. :p
This would also eliminate the need for warnings, if someone is swearing or teaming you could simply just report them and after the ban it be like "oh you didnt know that was a rule? To bad we put them right in front of you to read"

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
No less player will join the server. I get pissed when servers do this type of stuff. Even a few youtubers said "I will not play on your server when you do ^^^" - badboyhalo. But I like the part that the player has to agree with the rules.
I have played on many servers and find I quit ones that have a quiz like that as soon as I see it. Maybe in chat they can have multiple links to the rules in different languages, that way everyone would understand and the need for warnings would be removed as they have been presented with the rules and should know what they are doing wrong.
The first one will just scare new players away, and it's not like hackers don't know it's not allowed to hack.
The second one is fine though.
I have removed the quiz from the suggestion. Please let me know your thoughts, and change your vote on the poll :).

D

Deleted member 169486

I'm still the same after you removed the quiz, it should be available in many different languages, so that warnings would not be required as they 'agreed' to these rules so should have read them.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Top Bottom