Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Then if you have a looting 3 sword, it takes a third off.
Actually, that depends on how it's coded. If we put the spawn egg in an inventory slot (helmet, chestplate, leggings, boots, or hand slot) looting increases the chance of a drop by 1% per level. This is how I would do it using a custom spawner, however this would be made with a plugin. The plugin would be coded to say something like "if zombie slain by player, pick random number between 1 and 10000. If random number is 10000, spawn zombie spawn egg item." and so on for every other mob. Like I've said before, I have very limited knowledge of coding with plugins, so that's just a guess as to how it would be done. We would actually have to put in code to make looting affect the drop chance.

Reactions: Younisco

Blooberry

Nov 19, 2014
That Place In Space
200.gif

Blooberry approves.

Reactions: tiger101tiger

marlutin

Oct 20, 2014
The coding wouldn't be an issue. I have code that would work, but I know Rubik would want to do it himself.

Skyblock lags because of the colossal amount of chunk that are generated whenever someone starts a new island. Lag is also caused because chunks have to be reloaded whenever someone goes back to their island. Lag and SkyBlock essentially come hand in hand, very hard to avoid.

Couldn't this still be implemented into Factions? As well as a fix for mob spawning, I want mah gold!
There allstar ninja clearly explains where all the sb lag comes from, and the only moment when that implementation would cause the most tiny amount of lag (nearly none) would be when an egg drops because that'd be one more entity until someone picks it up

marlutin

Oct 20, 2014
Actually, that depends on how it's coded. If we put the spawn egg in an inventory slot (helmet, chestplate, leggings, boots, or hand slot) looting increases the chance of a drop by 1% per level. This is how I would do it using a custom spawner, however this would be made with a plugin. The plugin would be coded to say something like "if zombie slain by player, pick random number between 1 and 10000. If random number is 10000, spawn zombie spawn egg item." and so on for every other mob. Like I've said before, I have very limited knowledge of coding with plugins, so that's just a guess as to how it would be done. We would actually have to put in code to make looting affect the drop chance.
Please don't make looting affect the drop chance, just because in 1.8 mojang made it so that looting wouldn't add like 1% of the probabilities there already are, like if the probabilities are 30%, with looting it'd be 33%, but in 1.8 it just adds 1% per looting level, so spawner spawned mobs would have 1% more chance to drop the egg per looting level, and @Tacosbefriends , you said you don't want spawner spawned mobs to drop their eggs

marlutin

Oct 20, 2014
Please don't make looting affect the drop chance, just because in 1.8 mojang made it so that looting wouldn't add like 1% of the probabilities there already are, like if the probabilities are 30%, with looting it'd be 33%, but in 1.8 it just adds 1% per looting level, so spawner spawned mobs would have 1% more chance to drop the egg per looting level, and @Tacosbefriends , you said you don't want spawner spawned mobs to drop their eggs
Also looting would then make it so that the chances are 1 in 100 for level one looting, 2 in 100 for level two looting and 3 in 100 for level three

marlutin

Oct 20, 2014
Also looting would then make it so that the chances are 1 in 100 for level one looting, 2 in 100 for level two looting and 3 in 100 for level three
Imagine this: person one (has no looting sword):yay, I have 10000 zombies on my capsule from my mob farm, I'll kill them and get one zombie egg, yay!
Person two (has looting III sword): oh yeah! I have 100 skeletons in a capsule from my mob farm, I'll get three skeleton eggs!
See the problem?

no looting: 10000 mobs=1 spawn egg
Looting III: 100 mobs=3 spawn eggs/33,3333333333333333333333 mobs=1 spawn egg
Huge difference

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Imagine this: person one (has no looting sword):yay, I have 10000 zombies on my capsule from my mob farm, I'll kill them and get one zombie egg, yay!
Person two (has looting III sword): oh yeah! I have 100 skeletons in a capsule from my mob farm, I'll get three skeleton eggs!
See the problem?

no looting: 10000 mobs=1 spawn egg
Looting III: 100 mobs=3 spawn eggs/33,3333333333333333333333 mobs=1 spawn egg
Huge difference
what? Wouldn't looting just make it 3/10,000 instead of 1/10,000?

marlutin

Oct 20, 2014
Nope, they changed it in 1.8, noow it just adds 1% to the chances there already are. 0.001% with looting I is 1.001%.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Looting adds 1% to drop chance per level as of 1.8, so yes, it would drastically increase chances of a mob spawn egg. However, as I said before, the owners could code it so that looting doesn't affect the drop chance. I personally think it would be nice if looting increased the drop chance a little bit, but not by a whole percent per level.

marlutin

Oct 20, 2014
Looting adds 1% to drop chance per level as of 1.8, so yes, it would drastically increase chances of a mob spawn egg. However, as I said before, the owners could code it so that looting doesn't affect the drop chance. I personally think it would be nice if looting increased the drop chance a little bit, but not by a whole percent per level.
Then let looting have peace and prosperity on spawn eggs

tiger101tiger

Jul 9, 2014
USA
It would be cool if you could get something like a NPC spawn egg by killing a lot of people in the pvp arena on skyblock

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Top Bottom