Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

GoodGuyZEK

May 29, 2019
Scotland
twitch.tv
This is an open-ended discussion about the idea of a ranked mode for skywars. It's open to both platforms. I saw a thread on the eggwars section and wondered what everyone's opinions would be. I will link the eggwars thread as well as quote it in this thread anyway

The CubeCraft community is diverse, with both competitive and casual players in every game.

What the Ranked Eggwars game mode will do will be to appease the competitive side of CubeCraft's network while leaving more relaxed gameplay on the normal Eggwars game mode.

Why should this be added?
In the past experience, I've had while playing Eggwars, it's very often to see a player complaining about CubeCraft's large competitive community which ruins the fun for more casual players. With a Ranked Eggwars game mode, this would divide the community and make it easier for casual players to enjoy

How does it work?
Competitive mode on Eggwars will require the player to be above a certain level (for example, 10) or require a certain amount of wins in the normal version of Eggwars (for example, 25-50). The Competitive mode will have a major emphasis on the current meta seen in the normal Eggwars game mode, along with a lot of stuff disliked by the competitive community removed.

Here is a shortlist of examples displaying what the Competitive game mode should achieve:
• Very difficult to stack.
• Direct combat is highly encouraged.
• Shorter fights.
• No more having over 30 golden apples by end game (that happens in solo & team egg wars too much).
• No kits and abilities to make everyone equal.
• Extremely hard to create a giant egg defence (with obsidian which happens a lot).
• Unique maps that encourage PVP and discourage camping (also including little to no interference in combat).
• Games that don't last over 10 minutes at maximum.

Here is a shortlist of examples stating what can be done to the Competitive game mode:
• Removed voting option for double & triple health.
• Obsidian is more expensive in Overpowered mode (5 gold per obsidian block)
• Removed Level 4 gold generator (to prevent stacking)
• Removed Level 3 diamond generator (to prevent stacking) *controversial idea*
• Removed Level 4 iron generator (to prevent stacking)
• Armour durability nerfed (10%-50% to prevent long fights). *controversial idea*
• Golden apple price increased to 5 gold in Overpowered mode.
• Removed Hardcore mode. *controversial idea*
• Bow durability nerfed (by 10%-75%)
• Removed Diamond Armour in Overpowered mode.
• Removed Iron Armour in Normal mode.
• Diamond Generators shut off after 7 minutes of game-time (to prevent long games and stacking)
• Ender pearls are cheaper (10%-25%).

This list would go on to encourage PvP whilst discouraging camping, making it a very good option for those who want to play more competitively in Eggwars while allowing casual players to play against those at or around their skill level.

Benefits of winning in competitive/ranked mode:
• More points.
• More exp.

*Sorry if this conclusion is rushed as I have to leave very soon*
Overall, a ranked egg wars game mode will allow players to play against those at a similar skill level. While new players can learn how to play Eggwars through the normal version, competitive players can learn how to use the current meta to it's fullest potential through the ranked version.

Edit:
This mode would only be added if CubeCraft reaches an average of 8k daily players and the pre-lobbies return.

Now i obvs this is the eggwars post but a few things can be taken from it. perhaps a map voting system for ranked and maybe even a mode vote (OP, Basic and Normal). The ranks would be measured using the "elo system. This is just an idea though and I am more than confident it will never be added but I'm curious as to the community opinion on a possible ranked mode in Skywars

Reactions: Gregeyy

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
No because hackers would be harder to catch as the lower rank people probably aren't as active in the community. It would also be impossible to get any records. also how would it work in things like chaos and mega?

Add a poll?

GoodGuyZEK

May 29, 2019
Scotland
twitch.tv
No because hackers would be harder to catch as the lower rank people probably aren't as active in the community. It would also be impossible to get any records. also how would it work in things like chaos and mega?

Add a poll?

The hackers point you made makes literally no sense whatsoever. Hackers will be likely winning more games than anyone with a high number of kills. The anticheat could be adapted to say that they are doing this and a member of staff can spectate their games in order to ban said hackers. There is also the simple option of reporting then yourself.

Now if course if a hacker ruins your game then that's a loss in "elo" if the elo system is used. However, if a rollback system is added. Anyone who's games were ruined would regain lost elo and if you gained elo against the hacker you'd lose that elo. It would be equal to the amount you gained/lost and would happen to all players of that lobby. It's fair cause the game essentially becomes null and void.

Records can easily occur in ranked. And there could be the introduction of new record categories such as highest elo player, longest ranked win streak. The possibilities of new categories are endless.

For Mega and Chaos, it would work by gaining points for kills as well as what place your team came. If you kill a lower elo player then you'd receive less points than killing one of higher elo.
Same goes for dying, dying to a low Elo players will result in a higher reduction of total points for that game than dying to a high elo player.

It's really quite simple

• Sad
Reactions: wxzzrd and Conea64

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
The hackers point you made makes literally no sense whatsoever. Hackers will be likely winning more games than anyone with a high number of kills. The anticheat could be adapted to say that they are doing this and a member of staff can spectate their games in order to ban said hackers. There is also the simple option of reporting then yourself.

Now if course if a hacker ruins your game then that's a loss in "elo" if the elo system is used. However, if a rollback system is added. Anyone who's games were ruined would regain lost elo and if you gained elo against the hacker you'd lose that elo. It would be equal to the amount you gained/lost and would happen to all players of that lobby. It's fair cause the game essentially becomes null and void.

Records can easily occur in ranked. And there could be the introduction of new record categories such as highest elo player, longest ranked win streak. The possibilities of new categories are endless.

For Mega and Chaos, it would work by gaining points for kills as well as what place your team came. If you kill a lower elo player then you'd receive less points than killing one of higher elo.
Same goes for dying, dying to a low Elo players will result in a higher reduction of total points for that game than dying to a high elo player.

It's really quite simple
seems fun enough and then like if u got lots of ELO then u could get a prefix or a trail or a cage or buddy or smth

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
also I think if u get a high enough Elo then u. could be able to vote in normal skywars

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
There aren't enough players for ranked gamemodes. A player with a high amount of wins would end up playing skywars duels instead of a skywars games, or they would play solo skywars literally solo because they won't be matched with a player in ages. When it's night in Europe a team skywars game takes ages to start so making it ranked would just finish killing the gamemode.

Reactions: wxzzrd

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
There aren't enough players for ranked gamemodes. A player with a high amount of wins would end up playing skywars duels instead of a skywars games, or they would play solo skywars literally solo because he won't be matched with a player in ages. When it's night in Europe a team skywars game takes ages to start so making it ranked would just finish killing the gamemode.
we are talking bout bedrock here I think there's plenty player in bedrock always above 10 k

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
He mentioned both platforms and I'm speaking about Java. I can't speak about bedrock because I never played it so I don't know how the situation is there.
oh ya in bedrock there's many more players sometimes 25k

GoodGuyZEK

May 29, 2019
Scotland
twitch.tv
seems fun enough and then like if u got lots of ELO then u could get a prefix or a trail or a cage or buddy or smth
there would be a ranking system of some kind where you get a named rank for being in a certain threshold. An example if this being used is with Rainbow six siege and their ranking system. I will link it below so you can look at it.

There aren't enough players for ranked gamemodes. A player with a high amount of wins would end up playing skywars duels instead of a skywars games, or they would play solo skywars literally solo because they won't be matched with a player in ages. When it's night in Europe a team skywars game takes ages to start so making it ranked would just finish killing the gamemode.
On java there may not be but on bedrock there definitely is. Some people enjoy longer games and there could be a variable in the elo system to account for longer games where you can gain more elo so long as there is some form of combat so that exploiting the variable does not occur.

He mentioned both platforms and I'm speaking about Java. I can't speak about bedrock because I never played it so I don't know how the situation is there.
Java has a significantly lesser number of players than bedrock so it would be less likely for a java implentation.
As I said in the EggWars ranked post, I think ranked modes won't be played by the CubeCraft's community.
You can check out the other post here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ranked-eggwars-a-k-a-competitive-mode.256759/

Thanks for the suggestion anyway! :heart:
This is directed to both bedrock and java and if you read the post you'd see i linked AND Quoted the post. You say ranked modes won't be played and yet i regularly see posts on forums about it and on bedrock especially. The top players would be able to play for a reward be it a prefix for your rank or a cage. The details would need to be drawn up in regards to the rewards of ranked.

Going back to what you said, You say no one will play it and yet you provide no reason as to why.

Reactions: wxzzrd and Gregeyy

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
The main reason is that the network is not competitive, and most of its players don't like to play competitive modes.
Honestly is there’s 20k on bedrock at least one out of ten is competitive then that’s 2000 players for u

Reactions: Gregeyy
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom