Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

pxragonn

Feb 19, 2021
I and many others would very much appreciate if a ranked matchmaking system was created for pvp gamemodes like skywars, bedwars, duels etc. It can amp up the competition with more skilled players an could assist newer players into improving their skill as they would be fighting players with similar pvp knowledge. I would recommend it being a separate branch of said game just as the skywars knockback testing was to study the difference between the two. If the ranked were to be more popular — merge the two together. If not, keep it separate.

Sardonyq

Novice Member
Jun 19, 2018
a fairy tale.
I like the idea of ranked for PvP games, definitely gives an incentive to keep playing; my only problem is I'm not sure if the community is large enough for a ranked leaderboard/system. The highest I've seen is like, 1.1k on Eggwars, 950 on Skywars, and like 900 on Lucky Block Islands, there might be more players when it's daytime on EU (I know a lot of the player base are in EU) so I guess it could work.

But all in all, a ranked system for PvP game modes would be cool :P
Although the leaderboards do already exist, I guess it's just not as "official".

Reactions: pxragonn

TheFacu13

Jul 2, 2020
buenos aires
It's fine, but it would also be good if they put servers in Latam (Latin America) and in other places that they also need, because the pin is very high even with very good internet, I would like them to put that to play pvp well, :")

Reactions: Sardonyq

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
I like the idea of ranked for PvP games, definitely gives an incentive to keep playing; my only problem is I'm not sure if the community is large enough for a ranked leaderboard/system. The highest I've seen is like, 1.1k on Eggwars, 950 on Skywars, and like 900 on Lucky Block Islands, there might be more players when it's daytime on EU (I know a lot of the player base are in EU) so I guess it could work.

But all in all, a ranked system for PvP game modes would be cool :P
Although the leaderboards do already exist, I guess it's just not as "official".
Definitely agree with the player count sentiment... There just aren't enough people to implement something like this. A lot of the time games don't fill as it is, and adding it so only certain skill levels play together would just increase that issue. I agree that it is something that would be fun, but it just isn't possible at the current time imo... Maybe it would work on bedrock because of the higher player counts, but I don't have enough information to comment on that as I play exclusively java.

Reactions: pxragonn

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
While I love this idea....not enough players. My way of implementing this is similar to “hype nite” from the game fornite. basically at a 2 certain time a week(one favouring EU other NA) ranked options of game modes would exist. I would start with having this only on skywars and eggwars.

So a ranked version would be open for one hour. Now there would be no reward except A LOT of xp. And in this hour for example skywars it would be one kill that would give 1 point. As well as points for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Maybe if we’re lucky top placements will get either a new or previous cosmetics like a win effect, egg skin, etc. You would get like a “gift” that you would open and has a random chance of giving you a cosmetic. If you already got the cosmetic you can gift it or reroll.

If you want a bigger prize pool then cubecraft should add tournaments for ranks and stuff but that’s besides the point. Keep in mind my idea would be hard to implement, ignore input device matchmaking, allow anyone to enter and is a very beta idea.

Reactions: Egg🥚

Niuqe

Feb 20, 2021
Hey,

I think this is maybe difficult to realise, because on CubeCraft is competitive gaming not really something important.
But this may can help.

But on the german Server GommeHD.net this didn`t get well over time just because of cheating, stacking, waterfighting players.

The next problem is that everyone should get same chance of winning so someone with a mouse where you can abuse to 50cps is not longer a big step ahead just he bought the right mouse.

Otherwise I don`t think this is going to work.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i honestly never liked the idea of ranked matchmaking as it would still be unbalanced.

-as mentioned by other people, the community isnt really big enough for this.
- someone new would join the server as a low rank obviously, which would give an even bigger adventage against people with a low rank and arent as skilled as others. sure, this may not be many, but it still makes the game unfair.
- you wouldn't be able to play with your friends because of difference in ranking.
- competetive things like this bring double as much toxicness in the end, which causes only more people to feel bad about the server.

besides from these points, some things still arent clear.
- how would they determine someone's rank by skill?
- how would they make the games fair?
- how would you prevent losing on purpose to lower down your rank, to win from noobs again?
- how much effect do you think it will have on the playerbase of the normal versions of these gamemodes, when made as 2 seperate things?

too many things are unclear and make this a bad idea in my opinion -1
but hey, always worth adding a poll maybe so not everyone has to comment and still leave their voice :)

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
i honestly never liked the idea of ranked matchmaking as it would still be unbalanced.

-as mentioned by other people, the community isnt really big enough for this.
- someone new would join the server as a low rank obviously, which would give an even bigger adventage against people with a low rank and arent as skilled as others. sure, this may not be many, but it still makes the game unfair.
- you wouldn't be able to play with your friends because of difference in ranking.
- competetive things like this bring double as much toxicness in the end, which causes only more people to feel bad about the server.

besides from these points, some things still arent clear.
- how would they determine someone's rank by skill?
- how would they make the games fair?
- how would you prevent losing on purpose to lower down your rank, to win from noobs again?
- how much effect do you think it will have on the playerbase of the normal versions of these gamemodes, when made as 2 seperate things?

too many things are unclear and make this a bad idea in my opinion -1
but hey, always worth adding a poll maybe so not everyone has to comment and still leave their voice :)
Lot of great points that I never thought of. Especially about stopping better players from dropping down in ranks and issues if very good players join the server for the first time. My comment talked about playercount issues, but these concepts are far harder to deal with and make ranked matches a complete deal breaker for me... The only way I can possibly see it work is with a huge amount of work from the developers that seems completely impossible about now...

pxragonn

Feb 19, 2021
I wanted to see the reason why it should or should not be added and if it WAS going to be added. As a result I didn’t add a poll. I’ve received my answer and I will now thank you all. Please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom