• Maybe???

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Title says it all.

I know this has been suggested many times before, that's exactly why I suggest it right now. It got a lot of support and I really like the idea, so what do you think?

Explained in detail by @agent320 :

So this has been suggested OVER and OVER again. So today I want to throw in my own suggestion.
If anyone doesnt want to read a long thread here is the short version:

Ok so what is the difficulty with creating a ranked gamemode:
How do you put the skill of a player into a mathematical number and what Factors should you include.
Ok so lest start by adding some extra rules, shall we. Also voting is disabled, because donors would have an easy time getting lots of elo by long games by simply voting op and hardcore. The only way something could be voted for if at least 1/2 of the game are donors(Yes it sounds dumb but I dont want donors to have a higher chance than everyone else).
Rule number1:
All Standard eggwars and server rules apply. However if you are found breaking the rule in a ranked gamemode the punishment length will be triple of what it would be in a normal game and if you are found to be hacking your elo will be reset. On other offenses your elo will be reduced
Rule number2:
Any gameplay offense that required a warning in normal gamemodes does not required a warning in ranked gamemodes.
Rule number3:
Intentionally doing something to lower someone else elo( like spawn killing to reduce his average life time) will result in your elo being reduced and a 3 day ban.

Ok now that the rules are clear lets go over the elo system
So the elo or skillrating is supposed to determine how good a player is.
So what factors should be taken into consideration and what shouldnt:
Factors that should affect your elo:
Match length
average lifetime
Finished players
if you are using a kit or not
win or lose
Factors that shouldn't affect your elo:
K/D ratio(It sounds stupid but this would just lead to even more intentionally lowering someone elses elo).
eggs destroyed(because of finished players).

So lets go over why and how they should affect your elo:
Note: I will go over rewards later
You start at 1250 elo and you have different levels of elo(these have nothing to do with server ranks I just took the names):
1-1499:stone league
1500-1999:iron league
2000-2499:lapis league
2500-2999:gold league(I know it isnt gold color but gold color is painful to read)
3000-3499:Diamond league
3500-3999:Emerald league
4000-5000:Obsidian league
Top 500 players with the most elo: quartz league
all names are subject to be changed
Match length:
We dont want to give people elo for endless matches to discourage camping.
We dont want to give people elo for relentlessly rushing at the start.
I would encourage a medium game length that makes for some strategic pushes. Lets talk about the algorithm for match length:
for every 2 minutes of match length you get 1 elo point. This maxes out at 30 minutes and will stay at 15 elo points till 50 minutes. From then for every 2 more minutes of match length the 15 points will be reducted by one and will go as low as 5 elo points before stopping at 1hour and 10 minutes of match length.
average lifetime
Calculation:
matchtime until you get finished(egg broken and killed after that)/amount of deaths total .
Okay so lets see what we can give for that.
for every 2 minutes of average lifetime you get 1 elo point, maxing out at 24 with 12 elo points.
However if you never died in the entire match you get 3 additional elo points to that maxing out at 15 elo points
Finished Players:
Every player that you finish(kill when he doesnt have an egg anymore) grants you 2 elo points. This has no limit. But since the map will at most have 8 player that isnt a lot because at most you can get 14 if you manage to kill everyone.
Kit usage:
Ok so since kits give you a slight advantage anyone that uses a kit gets 7 less elo points and everyone that doesnt use a kit gets 3 extra elo points(this is to encourage less using kits to your advantage and more thinking about what to get and what to do. There could also be a random kit option that gives you 5 extra elo points no matter what kit you get(before anyone misunderstands me, so everyone has the same chances, everyone has every kit in ranked and abilities do not take effect to give everyone an equal chance).
win or lose:
Obvious. If you win you get a little extra elo
if you loose you get a lot of elo reduction but by doing good in most other factors you could
make that elo reduction pretty small. Lets define some numbers. By taking the best possible scenario for playing but still loosing
40minutes matchtime =15 elo points
died only once when you got finished = 12 elo points
Finished players(6 possible) = 12 elo points
Random kits= 5 elo points
Best scenario = 15+12+12+5 =44 points on the best loosing scenario:
So lets give someone an elo reduction of 40 points when they loose. In the best scenario they can still get elo points but if they loose they wont loose too many.
Best scenario for winning:
40 minutes matchtime = 15 elo points
never died = 15 elo points
7 finished players = 14 elo points
random kit = 5 elo points
15+15+14+5 =49 points.
Winning should grant you 10 elo points so in the best scenarios you can quickly climb up but not too fast either.
Ok So the mathematical part is out of the way lets talk about rewards shall we.
Top 10 Players:
A unique glass cage at the start of the game that differentiates them from all players including donors. Maybe some points but I want the to mostly be cosmetics like arrow trails or victory effects. Similar thing for top 100 and top 500.

I think adding a ranked gamemode sooner or later would help the server.
If you have read this far thank you ;)
Let the alert spam begin

Last edited:

Haggggis

Aug 1, 2016
SCOTLAND
Title says it all.

I know this has been suggested many times before, that's exactly why I suggest it right now. It got a lot of support and I really like the idea, so what do you think?
This is something that would be cool but it is kind if copying hypixel with that but nice idea.

Fel_Orc11

Dec 28, 2015
I always like the feel of casual gaming so adding a ranked isn't my style.

Though, if it was added, I'd wait til the anti-cheat comes out so there will be a less of a chance to encounter hackers.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Golapagos

Novice Member
Jan 14, 2017
Atlantis, The Ocean
This would be a great idea under 2 criteria.
1. The Cube gets a nice anti cheat
2. Games would have to have a death-match

And people are saying that this is copying Hypixel, but they literally just put out a game in beta called "Bed Wars" and im sure all of us know where they got the idea for it.

Anyway i am all for it!:cube_light:

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I agree with this idea, when this will be an seperate part in EggWars:p.

There are a lot of ''Rankers'' in CubeCraft (I think CubeCraft is very happy with that), so a separate part in EggWars called ''Ranked EggWars'' or something like it xD would be nice. There are a lot of ''Rankers'' who play EggWars, so it would be a nice feature for them too. Nice suggestion:).

MonsterStorm_

Jan 28, 2017
All you are making are assumptions, not backed up by any reasoning whatsoever.
You are not even saying why not many people would play it our why more hackers would play it.
dude, i know more hackers will play it, since its ranked and they can steal elo from people that play legit, its logic dude

Jan 1, 2017
I think once you get to a high enough rank, hackers will become near nonexistent. Hackers will be banned, have to make a new account to play again, and they'll be sent back to the lowest rank. So a hacker would have to become absurdly lucky to not get banned before reaching high ranks.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!!! 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you will have an awesome day today!:D
qKhalidd wrote on xLucq's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom