Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Lets say they did accept your original idea and added a vanishing command for ranks, word gets passed around and those spammers hear about it.
What I assume they will do is just spam opopop in every game they join hoping someone with a rank that's vanished, is here and would choose op.
I'm not saying I disagree with your idea and I'm not saying I have any better suggestion but what would come after that? More spams since they won't know if a donor is in the lobby or not.

What I'm trying to say is that, some players can be very ignorant. If I were an ignorant player, I would spam opopop every time in pre-game lobby or if I see a a donor in lobby, I would follow them in game and spam it either way. So I don't really think it would be efficient.

I guess it just depends on person who has the rank and whether he can ignore it without fussing about it.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
And what if IGNs all change to one color in TAB as soon as they join a pre-game lobby.That would prevent the ''OP OP OP OP" spam because players can't see if there is someone with a rank or not.
I bet they will continue spamming in the hope there is a Donator. Those guys will do anything just to get Overcamped without having to pay :/

Reactions: Britney Spears

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
If you've read what I've written, there is a percentage that it would backfire and encourage more spams.
The best option is to ignore them and not make a huge matter out of a small one.

And how would you know one is the better (Best) option than the second without even trying it?
I Would agree if it was not a matter of probability, but just like you said, there is A Percentage.
It is not like there is a 95% of it would backfire.

Reactions: NedGaming

AcePjoez

Apr 29, 2016
Krypton
I personally don't like this idea.
First: If you can't see someones rank, it doesn't mean people are going to stop spam: OP.
Second: A vanish option for ranks is kind off useless. i mean, so what if people see your rank, that's
why you bought it right? (and a lot of other reasons). Also you are probably only going to use this in lobby's wich is kind of useless.
Third: I agree with @TlmeLord that if people are spamming "OP" you just can report them.
:D

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
Pointless.
Just warn the players and report them if they continue to spam.

Again, How would you know something is pointless without even trying it?
Ok, fine
Pointless it might be, and then another problem arose

These "opopopopopopopoop" spammer is not only annoying you, they also targets you and hate you for not doing what they want.
It is not rare that people show hatred when a ranker person only voted normal while it was actually their choices.
And that is irritating, You can tell us to ignore them, but that doesnt change the fact they are doing these type of things and we are just letting them go

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
A simple "If you want to decide, buy a rank" is enough to make most of the spammers shut up. Also, I usually vote normal in (T)SW or hardcore in EggWars. So I actually never give them what they want, but what I want.

Nope,
:v you can try reading the 1st page.
And it is not like we have not tried to tell them that, we already do, and go figures, they still spam.
If the problem was that easily resolved, it won't lead to the never ending spam now is it?

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Nope,
:v you can try reading the 1st page.
And it is not like we have not tried to tell them that, we already do, and go figures, they still spam.
If the problem was that easily resolved, it won't lead to the never ending spam now is it?
Yup, when I say that they all stop spamming, and begin complaining about their economical situation. :)

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
Yup, when I say that they all stop spamming, and begin complaining about their economical situation. :)
:v most of the time in my case, they doesnt shut up.
And still spam opopopop after 2 warnings, they stop, and then attack me indirectly even when all the things i did was "dont spam for op, get your self a rank" .__. then congratz, you have been a target by most people

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
And how would you know one is the better (Best) option than the second without even trying it?
I Would agree if it was not a matter of probability, but just like you said, there is A Percentage.
It is not like there is a 95% of it would backfire.

Simple, run a simulation in your mind.
Lets say it's a 50/50 chance and unfortunately, it backfired. Okay go along with my hypothesis for now..
So once we realized it had actually backfired and cause more spams, how you would reverse the situation? Revert it to what it originally is? That won't do because now they know what we're up to and wouldn't know if we have succeed in finding a way to prevent donors from getting spammed.
What would they do? They would spam even after we have reverted back.
So instead of decreasing, we've encouraged them to spam even if no donors are there.

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
Simple, run a simulation in your mind.
Lets say it's a 50/50 chance and unfortunately, it backfired. Okay go along with my hypothesis for now..
So once we realized it had actually backfired and cause more spams, how you would reverse the situation? Revert it to what it originally is? That won't do because now they know what we're up to and wouldn't know if we have succeed in finding a way to prevent donors from getting spammed.
What would they do? They would spam even after we have reverted back.
So instead of decreasing, we've encouraged them to spam even if no donors are there.

Do note, this is not a forced command, it is optional
People can choose if they want their rank to be shown or not. and in this case, even if they know this was implemented, they would not be so sure if there is any chances that one of the people in the server is ranked.
Of course, unless they doesn't care looking like a fool spamming opopopop without any ranked player in the lobby, that would be a problem, but as far as the "logical" people, they probably won't.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom