Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59979

After playing 15 games of no projectiles in a row I thought of another idea to combat the unfair/unbalanced voting. At the moment its almost impossible to get a game of normal projeectiles or soft blocks just because too many people vote it. Instead of making it majority vote I think it should be random chance like it used to be so that instead of having 100 games of no projectiles in a row you would have a chance of normal projectiles each game. For example:
- 2 people vote for no projectiles 1 votes for normal projectiles - There would be a 1/3 chance of it being normal projectiles rather than a 0% chance.
And this wouldnt just be for projectiles it would be every game such as:
- 1 person votes half health, 3 people vote normal health - There would be a 1/4 chance of it being half health.

And dont just go on at me saying that normal projectiles is bad in here its a matter of opinion.

EDIT: I finally managed to get a game of normal projectiles and used the number of games to work out that it is approximately a 1 in 47 chance of getting normal projectiles

Last edited by a moderator:

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I like this idea - however if this were to be added, it would have to be implemented to all of the gamemodes with voting to avoid inconsistencies. With that being said, I often enjoy playing with both no projectiles and projectiles, and even sometimes I must play with projectiles to get a challenge completed. It gets slightly irritating when I have to play 4 games before I can play 1 game with projectiles. So having this probability-based voting system could help slightly.

- Escalated!

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I thought this already was a thing?

I remember when I used to play lucky islands when you could just vote for the time, 3 people voted for day time and 1 person voted for night and night won.

Reactions: Lilleh__
D

Deleted member 59979

I thought this already was a thing?

I remember when I used to play lucky islands when you could just vote for the time, 3 people voted for day time and 1 person voted for night and night won.
It used to be a thing but they removed it at some point.

Reactions: Lilleh__ and Livvv

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I dont think it should be that chance specifically, other games might suffer from this and I'd rather not get screwed over by someone voting double blocks in Blockwars too much, maybe reduce the odds a bit.

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
I really do hate no projectiles but I don’t think this is gonna make things better

LinoYT

Novice Member
Apr 26, 2017
Ecuador
Honestly, it's a very bad idea, with this you are degrading the value of the players that have rank and their tastes of choice, the odds should not be implemented for the choice of the projectiles, since if 4 players vote (not proyetiles) and 1 (yes, projectiles), you should naturally win the No, but not a random result.
What I still think should be implemented is that high-ranking players, their vote would have a higher value than their successor by logic

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Honestly, it's a very bad idea, with this you are degrading the value of the players that have rank and their tastes of choice, the odds should not be implemented for the choice of the projectiles, since if 4 players vote (not proyetiles) and 1 (yes, projectiles), you should naturally win the No, but not a random result.
What I still think should be implemented is that high-ranking players, their vote would have a higher value than their successor by logic
If anything, this gives more value to all ranks. If there's majority system, it'll make the votes that are on the not-so-popular choices completely worthless. A chance based system gives every vote value, no matter what happens. I don't see this somehow degrading a player's "tastes of choice", but I guess that's irrelevant anyways.
It'd me more unfair for higher ranks to have heavier votes though, since the votes wouldn't be equal (which is against the whole concept of voting in the first place).

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
After playing 15 games of no projectiles in a row I thought of another idea to combat the unfair/unbalanced voting. At the moment its almost impossible to get a game of normal projeectiles or soft blocks just because too many people vote it. Instead of making it majority vote I think it should be random chance like it used to be so that instead of having 100 games of no projectiles in a row you would have a chance of normal projectiles each game. For example:
- 2 people vote for no projectiles 1 votes for normal projectiles - There would be a 1/3 chance of it being normal projectiles rather than a 0% chance.
And this wouldnt just be for projectiles it would be every game such as:
- 1 person votes half health, 3 people vote normal health - There would be a 1/4 chance of it being half health.

And dont just go on at me saying that normal projectiles is bad in here its a matter of opinion.

EDIT: I finally managed to get a game of normal projectiles and used the number of games to work out that it is approximately a 1 in 47 chance of getting normal projectiles
I really get annoyed if projectiles are on..

Reactions: Unipotatoo

Unipotatoo

Jun 21, 2017
United States
aerosurvival.com
So basically your saying you want to remove majority vote and it just select one at random? This is very dumb and I hate this thread. if there is 5 ranked people in the game and 3/5 want projectiles then thats what it is going to be. Thats like flipping heads or tails for who should be the next president of the US.

Reactions: Fliqa
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thunder wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thunder wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom