Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think the quantity of beacons should show how many players are in each lobby?

• Yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hello there,
I think that when you go into the Lobby Selection Menu, the amount of players in each lobby should show up as the quantity of items per stack (in this case, beacons), so that you can quickly navigate around with the look of an eye. You can also quickly see the lobby that your in's player count quickly.
This would be very useful for players looking for a lobby with the least amount of players to reduce lag quickly. I find it very unpleasant having to hover over every single lobby to find the one with the least/most amount of players. I personally like to see thins with the look of an eye, such as in Bedrock.
Thankyou for reading, let me know what you think :).

Now:
Annotation 2020-03-08 100552.png

To be:
Annotation 2020-03-09 171258.png

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I must agree it's a good idea and the small things are what makes CubeCraft CubeCraft. Though I'm just not too sure about it. It's an okay idea but I'm neutral on it.
Yeah I agree with you! At least decreasing the amount of lobbies in the menu will be a lot better and less messy. But I still like this idea.
How would you decrease the amount of lobbies? Because if the amount of lobbies would be decreased, the player count for those lobbies would have to be highered. Since Minecraft only allows item stacks of 64, I don't see how this would work. We need to keep in mind that sometimes there will be more players than during other times. A lot more players might join in the future and having a decreased amount of lobbies wouldn't be an option then. It's a cool idea, but like stated above messy.

Reactions: Stablish

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Personally I’m not fully supporting ideas which don’t improve the server in any way or at least not as much as needed so everyone will feel the difference.
The idea isn’t bad, understand me correctly, but we just don’t need it really.

Reactions: Hoshi

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I feel like this could be a nice addition feature to have to quickly see the amount of users in the lobbies, though I don't really feel like this particular thing is needed right now, but I am also kinda neutral. First of all, like 2 others already mentioned, it'd look very messy to have large numbers on every single lobby icon in that menu even though there aren't that much lobbies with that much players open all the time, it could happen. On the other hand, if it happens then it would look pretty neat to see that much players.

So yeah, I am 50/50 in this one.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Ehh I have mixed feelings about this. I do like the idea, it makes it a little bit quicker to see the player amount. But it looks very messy and crowded
Hi there,
It may look a little messy and a bit different than how it’s is now, but I actually captured the second image on Bedrock Edition, which is why the lighting is slightly different. I personally think that function is more important than it being messy.

Personally I’m not fully supporting ideas which don’t improve the server in any way or at least not as much as needed so everyone will feel the difference.
Hi there,
I think the small things are what make CubeCraft better, like @Hoshiakari said. I think it’s still important to bring out big updates and new things, but it’s just as important to maintain the small things of the entire server. After all, most players find the slightest thing that another server does better, so they switch to that server, because they’re trying to find the overall best one. I know that a lot of players would be happy about this feature.
Anyways, thanks for your suggestion, appreciated :)

Reactions: Beyner127

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Hi there,
It may look a little messy and a bit different than how it’s is now, but I actually captured the second image on Bedrock Edition, which is why the lighting is slightly different. I personally think that function is more important than it being messy.
I still stand by what I said. It looks messy. I don't really see how the screenshot being from Bedrock, should change my opinion on it? Yes they have it already, but it again, looks messy.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I still stand by what I said. It looks messy. I don't really see how the screenshot being from Bedrock, should change my opinion on it? Yes they have it already, but it again, looks messy.
I just think the beacon texture is not helping. On other servers they use quartz blocks so maybe we should also opt for a different item with a smoother and calmer texture. Regardless I think if these were to be implemented it would take a few days to get used to it as well! ;)

I feel like this could be a nice addition feature to have to quickly see the amount of users in the lobbies, though I don't really feel like this particular thing is needed right now, but I am also kinda neutral. First of all, like 2 others already mentioned, it'd look very messy to have large numbers on every single lobby icon in that menu even though there aren't that much lobbies with that much players open all the time, it could happen. On the other hand, if it happens then it would look pretty neat to see that much players.

So yeah, I am 50/50 in this one.
It's a QoL change, even those are important to ensure a good experience for the hundreds of thousands of players that join the network on a daily basis. Think about where CCG would be today if there was no eye for detail

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I just think the beacon texture is not helping. On other servers they use quartz blocks so maybe we should also opt for a different item with a smoother and calmer texture. Regardless I think if these were to be implemented it would take a few days to get used to it as well! ;)

It's a QoL change, even those are important to ensure a good experience for the hundreds of thousands of players that join the network on a daily basis. Think about where CCG would be today if there was no eye for detail
Qualify of life updates are important I can agree.Maybe there has to be an update which only includes this type of stuff.

Reactions: Priley

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I just think the beacon texture is not helping. On other servers they use quartz blocks so maybe we should also opt for a different item with a smoother and calmer texture. Regardless I think if these were to be implemented it would take a few days to get used to it as well!
I quickly checked a different server which did indeed use quartz, it does look calmer. I'd be ok with it if they used something like quartz, but if it's something like beacons, no thanks.

Reactions: TeamTMS and Priley

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
I quickly checked a different server which did indeed use quartz, it does look calmer. I'd be ok with it if they used something like quartz, but if it's something like beacons, no thanks.
Hi there,
Good point, I should have changed that while capturing the image. Even if they were green concrete, and red/orange for servers that are crowded (have 40+ players in them), and just white for the one you’re in. I personally prefer white concrete over quartz, it just looks more cleaner. And lobbies with friends in them could be enchanted?
Anyways, thanks for your reply :)

Reactions: Lime

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hi there,
Good point, I should have changed that while capturing the image. Even if they were green concrete, and red/orange for servers that are crowded (have 40+ players in them), and just white for the one you’re in. I personally prefer white concrete over quartz, it just looks more cleaner. And lobbies with friends in them could be enchanted?
Concrete isn't compatible with Minecraft versions under 1.12 though

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
Hi there,
Unquestionably agree with this. It would be very useful to see in which lobby your friends are. Making the blocks enchanted is very well thought in my opinion :) Besides, wouldn’t terracotta/stained clay be better though? Those blocks were introduced in the 1.6 version of Minecraft so it is compatible for all versions that you can use to play on CubeCraft.

Reactions: TeamTMS
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welcome back my friend!:D I missed you <3
Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
I hope you all had a great weekend!
Top Bottom