Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Hello! Been a while since I wrote a suggestion post, ey? :P

Anyways, straight to the point, I got these ideas from something that happened a few minutes ago on Discord (+ several times in the past) and it's more directed to the staff members than the regular members (you can still give your opinion on this too!).

1st suggestion:
Simply put, remove the permission that members have to edit their messages.
This will prevent members who have sent a message that goes against the rules to edit their message and remove the evidence themselves of doing anything that isn't allowed. In other words, if a member says something they're not supposed to and gets called out, they can't remove their message for a staff member not to see it.
Correct your typo in a new message with a * before or after it or simply do nothing as people could understand your message anyways.

2nd suggestion:
Got this idea from the suggestion above. Remove the option for members to delete the messages.
I've seen several cases where a Discord member has gone against the rules and before a staff member could check in on it, the message has been removed leaving the staff no option to give the member the benefit of the situation. Now I must admit that this irritates me since it basically just shows that people are allowed to do whatever they want on the Discord server so long they're not caught on the spot and they delete their message just after and if this gets implemented it will also save a staffer's time where if they got called in and there's nothing wrong to be seen, they've basically just wasted their time and so has any other members who called out the member going against the rules.

For the sake of this suggestion post being more directed to the staff members than regular members, I won't be putting up a poll as I usually do as I would much prefer to see elaborate replies from people giving their opinion than just users clicking an answer on a 'Yes' or 'No' question.

Anyways, that was basically it. If you're not already part of CubeCraft's Discord server, I suggest you join. You'll 100% find someone to talk with whenever you're bored!

~ HDW :)

PS: more staff/community suggestions with graphics and more work put into will come from me very soon.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I don't want the permission to delete or edit messages revoked. Editing messages can make the chat much more readable. And I have previously posted something accidentially, either in the wrong channel or because I had focused the wrong window.
Generally if someone breaks the rules, screenshots might be considered as evidence (they can easily be faked but so can the in-game chat). If people faking screenshots becomes a problem, they should add a bot that logs all chat messages (similar to how they should log the in-game chat to prevent people faking that).
Most of the time those features aren't abused and enhance the discord experience.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hello! Been a while since I wrote a suggestion post, ey? :p

Anyways, straight to the point, I got these ideas from something that happened a few minutes ago on Discord (+ several times in the past) and it's more directed to the staff members than the regular members (you can still give your opinion on this too!).

1st suggestion:
Simply put, remove the permission that members have to edit their messages.
This will prevent members who have sent a message that goes against the rules to edit their message and remove the evidence themselves of doing anything that isn't allowed. In other words, if a member says something they're not supposed to and gets called out, they can't remove their message for a staff member not to see it.
Correct your typo in a new message with a * before or after it or simply do nothing as people could understand your message anyways.

2nd suggestion:
Got this idea from the suggestion above. Remove the option for members to delete the messages.
I've seen several cases where a Discord member has gone against the rules and before a staff member could check in on it, the message has been removed leaving the staff no option to give the member the benefit of the situation. Now I must admit that this irritates me since it basically just shows that people are allowed to do whatever they want on the Discord server so long they're not caught on the spot and they delete their message just after and if this gets implemented it will also save a staffer's time where if they got called in and there's nothing wrong to be seen, they've basically just wasted their time and so has any other members who called out the member going against the rules.

For the sake of this suggestion post being more directed to the staff members than regular members, I won't be putting up a poll as I usually do as I would much prefer to see elaborate replies from people giving their opinion than just users clicking an answer on a 'Yes' or 'No' question.

Anyways, that was basically it. If you're not already part of CubeCraft's Discord server, I suggest you join. You'll 100% find someone to talk with whenever you're bored!

~ HDW :)

PS: more staff/community suggestions with graphics and more work put into will come from me very soon.
This is a good idea, although I think players still need a right to edit their message. I always take a screenshot of the message but it is tiring when someone swears and they get away just by deleting their message. Another thing is sometimes you will want to type something such as "duck" but with "d" so close to "f" you might accidentally YOU KNOW WHAT.
So I am a good 50/100 on this one. I don't have a side yet as there are pros and cons equally for each! :D

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Id have to say no to both why?

In the second suggestion, this humilates some users, as mistakes do happen, its better to delete the message than follow up with “ oops wrong section” and then get reprimanded for posting it there, or at the very least if someone acknowledges they posted in the wrong place staff dont need to say anything, but in reality this shouldnt be happening anyway as discord isnt for reporting, and even if they delete evidence of themselves breaking the rules theyll get caught sooner or later

As for the first one editing messages can be a necessity such as adding evidence or fixing what you wrote because of the occasional malfunctioning of the keyboard and your message is like a game of sodoku, or maybe make it so photos cant be removed, but text can be changed, also there is the issue of accidently uploading the wrong image and cluttering discord with players uploading the correct one

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ngl the only reason im being active on minecraft is because of my cousin
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday! And also have a good day today!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on burgerkingbrad1's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D ✨🎉
Reesle wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on burgerkingbrad1's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳 🍔
Top Bottom