Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Bokadesu

Mar 18, 2017
So I have seen a lot of people saying that if you don't have a bridge to the middle you are camping. While looking at the rules it says that camping is when you surround your self in lava etc basically making it so you are un-killable. I can see if you have an obsidian wall around you whole island and just stay there without trying to kill the other teams, how that would be a problem. but if you are staying there trying to gear up and get ready to kill the other teams why is that a problem?

~Bokadesu

Reactions: CommandantSlime

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
If you're staying on your island to farm and gear up, that is okay as it's not forcing a stalemate as they can come from the sides and such.
Camping would most likely be stacking up, dropped TNT on players trying to come to you, bow spamming people who try to get to you then breaking their bridges non-stop, leaving them no way to get to you which forces a stalemate.
Although.. players could come from different angles to backstab the player on top if they're not alone.

Xilicks

Novice Member
Mar 11, 2017
New York
www.youtube.com
If you're staying on your island to farm and gear up, that is okay as it's not forcing a stalemate as they can come from the sides and such.
Camping would most likely be stacking up, dropped TNT on players trying to come to you, bow spamming people who try to get to you then breaking their bridges non-stop, leaving them no way to get to you which forces a stalemate.
Although.. players could come from different angles to backstab the player on top if they're not alone.
Technically it is impossible to create a scenario where nobody can get to you especially in the mode where enderpearls are purchasable. That being said having a sky tower in the center has never been an issue for me as I've never seen anyone try it although I have had multiple hour games when dealing with people sitting at their bases. I feel like its just part of the game sometimes you gotta bridge towards somebody or they gotta bridge towards you. /shrug

Xilicks

Novice Member
Mar 11, 2017
New York
www.youtube.com
So I have seen a lot of people saying that if you don't have a bridge to the middle you are camping. While looking at the rules it says that camping is when you surround your self in lava etc basically making it so you are un-killable. I can see if you have an obsidian wall around you whole island and just stay there without trying to kill the other teams, how that would be a problem. but if you are staying there trying to gear up and get ready to kill the other teams why is that a problem?

~Bokadesu
Also a lot of players will call you a "camper" if you're sitting at your base or holding down the middle however I presume that usage of camper isn't the same as what the rules imply as you said.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
It mostly depends on the scenario as I believe there would always be a way to get to them, though it can take awhile which most people don't have time for.
I would consider modes that do not have enderpearls such as hardcore and normal.
Camping isn't much of an issue on eggwars (in my opinion) the ones that are a pain to deal with would normally be skywars/lucky island.

mikelcm11YT

Feb 11, 2017
England
hello my opinion is that camping at your base the whole game isnt a problem as if they legitimately never leave their base the best thing they can have is chain, gapples and iron swords with obsidian but no bows and therefore it should be easy to take them out. however if people do go to mid and camp it out with someone on every gen while someone has a bow it can be extremely annoying as not everyone does have the time but for the people who do they dont necessarily want to play a 2hour game just because people wont make the game fun and instead try getting a full double chest of diamond gear etc.

i would say camping is just being obnoxious while building a sky base at world height so no one can get to you

Pokecrafter64

Feb 7, 2017
Long games with "tower defense" bases are ok on certain maps because they are set up to have that kind of playstyle. There are ways to counter like safe bridging and shields in 1.9 but if you are doing it on a map like storm I have no excuse for you.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
Long games with "tower defense" bases are ok on certain maps because they are set up to have that kind of playstyle. There are ways to counter like safe bridging and shields in 1.9 but if you are doing it on a map like storm I have no excuse for you.

you actually can't camp in tower defense... you can build a really good defense but that's not camping...

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
If you're good enough, (like me) I get no stalemates. Whenever I see a camper, I always go for them first, since the others are quite easy. If you observe closely, most of the campers are noobs. They don't know how to play or they are too young to know that. I personally don't have a problem with camping unless it's bowspam(in 1.8) In 1.9, you have the shield, the wonderful amazing arrow-blocking shield. Use it to your advantage. Most of the times I'm stuck solo on teaparty and there's a camper at the bottom of mid, always annoying.

TLDR
All you need is a little bit of stratergy and some common sense to easily counter the campers.

Noochie705

Apr 13, 2017

~Bokadesu
The most important thing to do is not camp in egg wars unless you are gearing up and such. But also keep in mind you do kind of have to rush middle in order to actually get good gear and try to beat the other team.

Yautja_

Feb 3, 2017
It mostly depends on the scenario as I believe there would always be a way to get to them, though it can take awhile which most people don't have time for.
I would consider modes that do not have enderpearls such as hardcore and normal.
Camping isn't much of an issue on eggwars (in my opinion) the ones that are a pain to deal with would normally be skywars/lucky island.
I've had several games which lasted over 50 mins. If you have to build a bridge block by block constantly being shot at and at risk of falling is kinda silly but hey at least I got an achievement for that lol

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom