Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
A pvp guide for beginners

Introduction
Hello! My name is IGN is Luzario_, and today I will make a guide on pvp. I'm not the best at pvp but I will tell you everything I know :D This is for beginners at pvp! As I don't have a video recorder (very dumb of me), most of this will be in word. I hope you do enjoy and PLEASE leave feedback in the comments, and tell me how to improve this guide :p. I not sure if I should put every section into spoilers, but you can tell me in the comments :D
IMPORTANT: This is a 1.8 pvp guide as I know most people rather 1.9, so sorry if you only play 1.9 pvp :(

The Basics
What is PvP?
Okay, I'm gonna go to the basics, PvP stands for player vs player, when normally you will engage in combat and the person who kills the other player will win. Most people would have strategy and would use certain skills I will include in this guide. I will go through most parts of pvp, break it down and tell you how to do it, so basically I will make sections of each skill. You probably know (hopefully) that its left click to attack/destroy, and with this you can attack the player.

Clicks
As I told you above you press left click to attack/destroy. When pvping you will have to click a lot, your click speed doesn't really matter if you can't aim, but aim doesn't really matter if you can't click, clicks and aims are the most important thing to do in pvp.
When clicking there is a word called CPS standing for clicks per second. I have 6 cps meaning I click 6 times each second (Don't roast me), as I said cps doesn't matter if you can't aim.

Aim
Aim is important because if you can't aim you can't hit the player (LOL). You use your mouse to aim, you should aim for the side of the player when in combat around the shoulder and side of the torso, this is called strafing, strafing is key for combos which I will be getting on to later.

Movement & Strafing
When in combat you will have to move to avoid getting hit and for you to hit more (if that made sense). So when in combat I hold down W and D that means I will be moving in constantly, so the other player will have to aim better. I hold them down and keep clicking and aiming and this is called circle strafing, its used when circling the player and they can't hit you, this is a good way to get hits and to avoid getting hit.
Another way to fight is by just holding down W, this is the normal way to PvP and its the best way for combos and strafes. As I said in the aim section you will aim for there shoulder or side of the torso, if you keep doing this and hitting them you are strafing, which is the most important thing to do in PvP.

Combos
A combo happens when you hit the other player twice or more times and they don't hit you. Getting combos are the way you win fights, instead of trading hits (when you take turns hitting each other because both of you might be inexperienced).

Advanced skills
Now you know the basic skills about PvP, now I will tell you more advanced skills and ways you can win in a duel (Another word for 1v1, meaning 1 person against another). The following should be done once your okay with the basics of pvp.

The Bow
I'm sure everyone knows what a bow is, well if you don't it is a range weapon in where you can hold down right click and it will shoot arrows if the arrows are in your inventory.
Aim is the only thing you need to know before you use the bow, so aim is key to the bow. When bowing someone you should aim a little higher above there head. Its pretty easy you just need practise.
But lets say someone is bowing you, when you are on land, this doesn't apply in sky wars though. The way you dodge arrows when you are running to attack a person, is to move left to right in like a zig-zag shape and it will be difficult for them to hit you.

The Fishing Rod
In PvP we use fishing rods too! On cube craft people wouldn't usually use rods at all! But it is a nice skill to know incase they do happen to be used in combat.
There are 2 styles of rodding (We call this skill "rodding" in PvP) you can do.
1. Hotkey rodding
2. Stroll rodding
They do the same thing but its the way your comfortable using it, as people would prefer using hotkeys than stroll wheel or vice versa.
When hotkey rodding you would put the rod in the second hot bar slot, and when you are about 2-3 blocks away from the player you are gonna fight, you will press 2 and right click and switch to your sword fast, its a quick thinking technique but it does help.
When stroll wheel rodding you will go to the player and when you are 3-4 away you would stroll to the rod right click fast and stroll to your sword, with this style of rodding you can have your rod in the 2nd or 9th slot in your hot bar, but strolling takes a tiny bit more time so you would have to do it earlier than the hotkey rod. I don't use the stroll wheel style but it is more faster, and I'm not that used to strolling I always use hot keys :confused1:.
But you may ask, "why do we have to rod? Doesn't the rod do barely any damage?". I found out the rod is to pressure the opponent, and you might ask "Pressure! It doesn't do any damage!", well imagine you are eating a golden apple and out of no where you would take damage, you would look around and see who's there and you would pull out your sword without finishing your golden apple. And when you rod the person they slightly go towards you, which is a plus.
And if you want to be MORE advanced you can use the rod to create space between you and your opponent to eat a golden apple! Its a advanced move and you will have to have good timing and vision.

Settings
Your settings for minecraft is totally your opinion and what you are comfortable with. But I will recommend on some settings you can do!
  • FOV: I set my FOV to 90, I recommend to go between 80-100. If your FOV is too low you will have a disadvantage towards players with speed.
  • Texture packs are optional, and I don't actually use one (don't roast me), but I recommend low fire texture packs (so you can see stuff when you're on fire). Remember! Never use a texture pack that will give you a major advantage in-game!
  • F5 mode is important in UHC and egg wars. I'll set it to R or Q or any where that you can click fast because you can easily look behind fast (this is good for mining in UHC).

MLG Water Bucket
Time to be mlg :cool:. The mlg water bucket is a handy trick you can do in UHC. Its where you would jump off a ledge and when you're about to hit the ground you place the water underneath you and you land in it without taking any damage :cool:, timing is key.

Going beast mode :eek:
Okay now you are pretty good at pvp and you have good skills and moves you can do, but you can go beyond it... You can use these tips and tricks that might give you a edge in combat.

Mods
Mods are short for modifications. You can use these mods to help you in PvP, such as optifine and 5zig and even more! A lot of competitive papers use a mod called "toggle sprint", where you don't have to hold a button to sprint, you will be sprinting the whole time with it toggled on, this is a game changer as when you're about to hit someone you will stop sprinting! Or you can do it like I do, I changed my sprint key to Q so its like a mod free toggle sprint! But make sure the mod you're using is LEGAL, if you use a ILLEGAL mod you will be punished (Well I'm not sure about that), you can see if your mod is LEGAL here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/list-of-allowed-mods.122155/
If your mod isn't shown in that link ask a member of staff as said in the rules.

W-Tapping
Most competitieve pvpers will do this technique, it is a game changer! If you can master it you will become a beast in PvP.
"What is W-Tapping?", it is a technique used to get combos and strafing, it lowers the knock back (don't quote me on that) so you can get a extra hit or achieve a combo!
"How do you W-Tap?", when you are strafing a player and you're about to hit them release w. And when you hit them hold w then release for the next hit, you will get a lot of combos.

Block Hitting
This isn't really going "beast mode", anyways block hitting is where you hit and then block your sword, when you block your sword (press right click) you take 1/2 the damage!
Lets say you're in a 1x1 block hole with another person, you can constantly hitting each other. You can block hit to take half the damage!
I see a lot of people do this as a general pvp technique but if you want to become a pro at pvp, I'll circle strafe or do regular pvp as I told you above.

Conclusion
I hope you learnt a lot with this guide, and if you didn't I'm sorry, and I'm sorry again if you didn't get what you want in this guide! If you didn't understand a thing of what I said don't worry, there are always videos online showing ways to pvp!
I probably only scratched the surface of PvP, if you have anything to add to this comment it below and I hope people will read it.
If you want me to make a guide on UHC, just ask me, ask I love UHC, and I might be willing to do it!
Thank you for reading this thread, good day!

P.s. Dont roast me if you think I'm a noob :p & if anything is wrong with the guide tell me please!

Reactions: Shayley and Ducky
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom