Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 169486

Swearing
Swearing is defined as the use of offensive language such as profanities, expletives, hate speech, or other language intended to belittle, offend, or upset other users. Swearing is strictly prohibited. Hate speech of any kind does not require a warning.

Punishment track: Warning → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

This is the current punishment track for Swearing, however there is an issue.

Swearing
Swearing is defined as the use of offensive language such as profanities, expletives, hate speech, or other language intended to belittle, offend, or upset other users. Swearing is strictly prohibited. Hate speech of any kind does not require a warning.

Punishment track: Warning → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

This is an issue because to swear, they are breaking a rule, which they should know, and have to get around the trashchat filter, and then still need a warning.

Reactions: DrHam

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Swearing

Swearing

This is an issue because to swear, they are breaking a rule, which they should know, and have to get around the trashchat filter, and then still need a warning.
True. They know they are using the wrong language. Maybe instead of a warning it should be a perm warning?
+1

Reactions: StoneBrine (Brad)

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I think a warning after the first report is fair. I'm not sure if warnings expire, they probably shouldn't or someone could just insult a player every month. Even with the chat filter it's easy to swear out of habit without intending to hurt anyone. And you don't only get the warning message, the warning also implies that they will get punished next time they do it, so I wouldn't want to get a warning if I can avoid it.

D

Deleted member 169486

Even with the chat filter it's easy to swear out of habit without intending to hurt anyone.
Using a different character (Ç instead of c, which they did) you are not doing it 'out of habit' you are intentionally trying to get around the filter.

Plus, trashjang wan't it to be kid friendly, so why do we give them so many warnings?

Oct 22, 2017
Swearing

Swearing

warnings should be made as some players might not know the rules yet

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Warnings will be given if there has been no warning given in the chat. This warning will last for thirty days. Sometimes, this warning will be permanent but I do not know when that will be the case. If a player continues swearing or spamming after a warning has been given in chat, then the player will instantly get muted.
If a warning expires after thirty days and the player breaks the rules again, he will be muted anyway. Giving a permanent warning is a little strict in my opinion.
A warning is simply meant to warn someone for their actions, giving a permanent warning would be worthless since it will have the same outcome. After getting warned, the player will get muted. An instant mute, I doubt. Players will immediately be punished for their actions and some may find it really strict. After a warning has been given, the player might have learned something. Actually, they could remain spamming or swearing in another lobby but that is where the difficulties are. if you gave a warning via chat but he didn't continue, you can still report him. He will still get a 30 day (or permanent, I don't know) warning anyway. I will agree with giving a direct mute if a player swears at someone.

Reactions: DrHam

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
I disagree, I think players can have a second chance. I understand that swearing isn't funny.
If it's aimed at a person, then the player will get the equal mute.
I guess swearing at someone deserves a mute but like, Swearing cause, he/she fell or something should get a warning

Last edited:

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Warnings will be given if there has been no warning given in the chat. This warning will last for thirty days. Sometimes, this warning will be permanent but I do not know when that will be the case. If a player continues swearing or spamming after a warning has been given in chat, then the player will instantly get muted.
If a warning expires after thirty days and the player breaks the rules again, he will be muted anyway. Giving a permanent warning is a little strict in my opinion.
A warning is simply meant to warn someone for their actions, giving a permanent warning would be worthless since it will have the same outcome. After getting warned, the player will get muted. An instant mute, I doubt. Players will immediately be punished for their actions and some may find it really strict. After a warning has been given, the player might have learned something. Actually, they could remain spamming or swearing in another lobby but that is where the difficulties are. if you gave a warning via chat but he didn't continue, you can still report him. He will still get a 30 day (or permanent, I don't know) warning anyway. I will agree with giving a direct mute if a player swears at someone.
but swear directly at someone and bypassing the filter should be muted for A day

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Swearing

Swearing

Don't agree! I called someone a "psy" and they already said I was swearing, so I didn't know!

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
Swearing

Swearing

In my experience of reporting people, mostly all of them are new people to Cubecraft or others not but don't know the rules yet. I think there should be a Warning then a perm, so then they learn of their mistakes. Having a straight punishment of something you didn't know, is not good imo. But I like it how it is now.

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
In my experience of reporting people, mostly all of them are new people to Cubecraft or others not but don't know the rules yet. I think there should be a Warning then a perm, so then they learn of their mistakes. Having a straight punishment of something you didn't know, is not good imo. But I like it how it is now.
Ahh they can stay the way it is right now

D

Deleted member 169486

Don't agree! I called someone a "psy" and they already said I was swearing, so I didn't know!
What does that have to do with this?

Using my previous example:
Using a different character (Ç instead of c, which they did) you are not doing it 'out of habit' you are intentionally trying to get around the filter.
For that they clearly were trying to get around the filter, so they can't say they 'didn't know'

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
What does that have to do with this?

Using my previous example:

For that they clearly were trying to get around the filter, so they can't say they 'didn't know'
They atleast need a second chance. You can't give a straight punishment imo.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy Birthday
UncleSpect wrote on Basketman's profile.
Basket 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
thanks for the follow my cutie friend! 🤍
xEefster wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happybirthday bbg!! ❤🥳
Thjis wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Gefeliciteerd Eva!
Top Bottom