Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

should punch bow's have a cool down if they hit a player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeff goldblum

Feb 10, 2017
I believe the worst thing in eggwars (other than hackers) is bow spamming with a punch bow as a form of melee, i admit, ive done it myself it is a very easy method to overpower someone is more powerful than you. so here should be the changes:

The punch bow should stay the same price,
Missing with the bow should not activate cooldown,
If a player is hit the bow should have a small delay (cooldown of maybe 1s?) to stop spamming someone off the island.

Please vote so your opinion is seen.

any other suggestions are welcome!

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
The punch bow already got nerfed. (It got nerfed from 12 diamonds to 25) So I don’t know why it needs to change again. It’s A part of strategy. you can buy a shield or make it save, so you can’t knock off.
Anyway I like it how it is so I don’t see a change in it. Sorry

jeff goldblum

Feb 10, 2017
The punch bow already got nerfed. (It got nerfed from 12 diamonds to 25) So I don’t know why it needs to change again. It’s A part of strategy. you can buy a shield or make it save, so you can’t knock off.
so really what that imply's is that shields should be lower cost? cause 20 diamonds is not easy to get as a counter if theyr'e coming at you

Reactions: CommunistCactus

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I believe the worst thing in eggwars (other than hackers) is bow spamming with a punch bow as a form of melee, i admit, ive done it myself it is a very easy method to overpower someone is more powerful than you. so here should be the changes:

If a player is hit the bow should have a small delay (cooldown of maybe 1s?) to stop spamming someone off the island.

No need for change. I feel like everything is fine as it is!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Bow spamming.
While powerful, it's not the easiest task to pull off. (at least, for me it's somewhat challenging with my ping-induced arrow delay.)
It's far from overpowered in my opinion, and is incredibly easy to counter. Multiple ways I typically counter it is to make walls in front of me, place a block between the wall and I & then I proceed by jumping over the wall. You can also just make a wall and strafe around it if you're not in a good position to jump.
The walls serve as a barricade which will make the bow spammer panic for a few seconds, as they don't quite know what to do. You could even disregard the wall completely and strafe around to be unpredictable.
The biggest tip I have for you when dealing with bow spamming: Don't jump unless it's absolutely necessary. The one fatal mistake people make while bow spamming, is to jump around a lot. Not only is jumping unnecessary, but it's also a huge risk if you're relatively close to a ledge. Players take a significantly bigger amount of knockback if they're in the air while taking a hit, so stay on the ground as much as you can.

Bow spamming itself isn't really all that overpowered anymore if you consider the tips I mentioned above. I doubt a nerf is needed, and I think the current situation with the punch bow is completely balanced as is.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I would say that, this is not really necessary at all. A small advice of myself, maybe try to avoid fighting at all in a place where it's widely open, and try to lure the bow spamming into a house or some kind of base. Bow spamming would not help in this situation; If he tries, on his turn, to lure you outside to a place where you can get bow spammed off the edge: Your best strategy would be not to go outside after him. Or just make a small wall around yourself or the island where it's pretty hard to get bow spammed off. I myself do remember just making huge walls around almost half of my base just so I don't get knocked off. Or I bow spam by my turn. :v

Reactions: CommandantSlime

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,
Agreed
Sorry bruh.

Xilicks

Novice Member
Mar 11, 2017
New York
www.youtube.com

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet however with overpowered items towards the end of a game its very difficult to kill anyone without breaking their armor or outnumbering them. Even then players can have backup sets of armor and notch apples to sustain themselves. Spamming with the punch bow is one of the most effective way of defeating players in overpowered otherwise matches can end up taking a long time to break through iron/diamond armor.

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
The price doesnt matter the lower price could in fact make it worst because players will just add that to there shopping list while camping

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet however with overpowered items towards the end of a game its very difficult to kill anyone without breaking their armor or outnumbering them. Even then players can have backup sets of armor and notch apples to sustain themselves. Spamming with the punch bow is one of the most effective way of defeating players in overpowered otherwise matches can end up taking a long time to break through iron/diamond armor.
why should the only good method for progressing be a punch bow? i think the bow should be nerfed and op armor nerfed aswell to be safe

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
I would say that, this is not really necessary at all. A small advice of myself, maybe try to avoid fighting at all in a place where it's widely open, and try to lure the bow spamming into a house or some kind of base. Bow spamming would not help in this situation; If he tries, on his turn, to lure you outside to a place where you can get bow spammed off the edge: Your best strategy would be not to go outside after him. Or just make a small wall around yourself or the island where it's pretty hard to get bow spammed off. I myself do remember just making huge walls around almost half of my base just so I don't get knocked off. Or I bow spam by my turn. :v

...that is my profile pic :p

Like most people said, you can bring a shield and the price was already nerfed to 25 diamonds. Also, late game, it is a very viable tactic to save for an enderpearl, then pearl in behing you opponent and use the bow to hit them off. A cooldown would totally negate this tactic.

@BringMeZHorizon once again, my profile pic :p

Jorn_N

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017

Yes i want a cooldown, that bowspammers that always have stacks of arrows so annoying

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
...that is my profile pic :p

Like most people said, you can bring a shield and the price was already nerfed to 25 diamonds. Also, late game, it is a very viable tactic to save for an enderpearl, then pearl in behing you opponent and use the bow to hit them off. A cooldown would totally negate this tactic.

@BringMeZHorizon once again, my profile pic :p
shhhhhh I stole this from a friend.
If you really care that much, I *was* planning on changing it soon. >.>

And btw, I got an idea. Why don't we also nerf the price of *arrows*? It's so easy to get a crap ton of Gold after awhile in a game, which means the possession of stacks and stacks of arrows. At least nerf it a little bit? Good idea or nay?

Jorn_N

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
shhhhhh I stole this from a friend.
If you really care that much, I *was* planning on changing it soon. >.>

And btw, I got an idea. Why don't we also nerf the price of *arrows*? It's so easy to get a crap ton of Gold after awhile in a game, which means the possession of stacks and stacks of arrows. At least nerf it a little bit? Good idea or nay?
arrows 10 gold for 32?

Jorn_N

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
Whatever they nerf is up to them but the post is about the bow nerf, I'm just stating my opinion on how the games would be without bow assuming no other changes.
hmmm mabye exppensive arrows and only power

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hony wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats Worried 🥳🥳
Minecart+poisnous potato= SUPER SPEEDY MINECART-
Screenshot_20240420_202707.jpg

The best minecart in history
Off to work in the rain :((
Have a nice rest of ur day everyone xx
qKhalidd wrote on freddieboi1's profile.
happy birthday
Thunder wrote on Mandyy's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Top Bottom