Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

david r06

Jan 3, 2021
Does anyone know the formula for how much protection give on cubecraft. I know in another post a mod stated that the system was different from vanilla minecraft but never clarified in what way. I was wondering if we could get the current formula for protection in skyblock. Have a great day everyone

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
It works like 1.9+ on both networks.

These links should tell you all you need to know about the way armor reduces damage:
Armor Mechanics
Protection Mechanics

1.9+ mechanics are also in place for sharpness, but it is worth noting that the base damage values for weapons and tools on the Bedrock server do not align with vanilla values. They can be found here.

• Love
Reactions: Andyyy
D

Deleted member 489420

It works like 1.9+ on both networks.

These links should tell you all you need to know about the way armor reduces damage:
Armor Mechanics
Protection Mechanics

1.9+ mechanics are also in place for sharpness, but it is worth noting that the base damage values for weapons and tools on the Bedrock server do not align with vanilla values. They can be found here.
enchantments on cube works very diffrent that in vanila, for now i can tell u they r VERY buged for example feather falling 4 and feather falling 20 is the same, almsot sure its same with protection (blast, fire etc), for now i decided to not enchant till i get more info

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
They are likely bugged, although I believe the intent is for them to work like in 1.9+ once fixed.

However, feather falling 4 plus full protection 2 is equivalent to feather falling 20 since both give an EPF level of 20 for fall damage. EPF is capped at 20, so even if you were to have no protection on your armor, feather falling 7 and feather falling 20 would be effectively the same.

• Love

david r06

Jan 3, 2021
So when you take blast damage it looks at blast protect first then normal protection and it doesn’t care about other forms of protection like projectile. Is that correct

david r06

Jan 3, 2021
Well if you’re on bedrock then level 5 feather falling would end up being better than level 4. But level 6 would be the same as level 5

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
So when you take blast damage it looks at blast protect first then normal protection and it doesn’t care about other forms of protection like projectile. Is that correct
It effectively works that way, yes. Each level of specialized protection protects more than normal protection, but only from certain types of damage, so blast damage only takes blast protection and normal protection into account.

• Love

david r06

Jan 3, 2021
How much damage reductions do the specialized enchants give and how much does normal protection give. Also if they are different in what order would the apply. Would it be blast protection or protection first?

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
Each level of normal protection reduces damage by 4%, specialized protections reduce by 8% per level, and feather falling reduces by 12% per level. Total damage reduction due to protection is capped at 80%. Order does not matter, just the cumulative protection for each instance of damage.

• Love

david r06

Jan 3, 2021
Well order does matter because you can only have up to EPF of up to 20 which means that in skyblock because you can get muiltiple types of protection on piece of gear you might get less protection if it gets normal protection first then a specialized protection

david r06

Jan 3, 2021
Well order does matter because you can only have up to EPF of up to 20 which means that in skyblock because you can get muiltiple types of protection on piece of gear you might get less protection if it gets normal protection first then a specialized protection
Nvm I’m jus being stupid

D

Deleted member 489420

They are likely bugged, although I believe the intent is for them to work like in 1.9+ once fixed.

However, feather falling 4 plus full protection 2 is equivalent to feather falling 20 since both give an EPF level of 20 for fall damage. EPF is capped at 20, so even if you were to have no protection on your armor, feather falling 7 and feather falling 20 would be effectively the same.
yeah im aware, cube enchantments work very diff, for example my friend got dia arrmour prot 20 which is the same as dia arrmour lvl 5, my advice is to not make more enchantments of the specific type than u can on vanilla(except fortune)

david r06

Jan 3, 2021
yeah im aware, cube enchantments work very diff, for example my friend got dia arrmour prot 20 which is the same as dia arrmour lvl 5, my advice is to not make more enchantments of the specific type than u can on vanilla(except fortune)
Is that Java I’m guessing or bedrock

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, sorry but you can’t get fortune AND silk on the same tool right? Or can you.
Also @pamparampam i asked Keanu to look into the enchantments not working past a certain level.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
yeah u can't, i never said u do so idk why u ask, also most of enchantments doesnt work after ''certain'' lvl which is mostly the max lvl of enchantment on vanilla
Nah I always thought you couldn’t enchant both on bedrock since I haven’t seen a tool with both on there. But it could just be that they are noob. :p

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom