Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

KenuaFB

Sep 11, 2021
This is about pronouns, its kinda a ''Karen'' suggestion imma do. Why isnt it so that you can give your pronouns at the start when you join cubecraft. that you can choose all forms. bc i dont see why death messages say 'they' and i know its more respectfull to call a possible him/he they at first but i dont feel like that. i think thats the same as calling a she a he. thats my personal opinion but i dont think you have to force genders to people in a mc servers. but if you do, do it right - Kenua 2022 (kinda lame quoting myself but ok) but forcing a pronouns that people dont identify as, is not ethical. DISCLAIMER: opinions

Last edited:

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
well "they" is gender neutral. Making it so you can select any gender when you join the server could lead to a lot of troll pronouns and would make chat pretty messy imo. At the moment it's completely neutral and fits everyone which imo is a incredibly good thing. I think this being implemented would create more harm than is worth as its already correct and has everyone included as a neutral word not assuming gender

KenuaFB

Sep 11, 2021
well "they" is gender neutral. Making it so you can select any gender when you join the server could lead to a lot of troll pronouns and would make chat pretty messy imo. At the moment it's completely neutral and fits everyone which imo is a incredibly good thing. I think this being implemented would create more harm than is worth as its already correct and has everyone included as a neutral word not assuming gender
I know what you mean and understand it. but when you say troll pronouns i dont really understand it. bc i described a panel of like he they them him she her hers etc. so you dont get like 'Bin' and yes 'They' is genderneutral but if you force gender on a mc server WHY ON EARTH would you force people to have a pronouns that they dont feel like. Im a he and i find it weird that im a they bc cubecraft says so

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Saying ’they’ isn’t always directed to a gender. It can just overall be talking about someone or multiple people, which doesn’t require you to put any title on the person.

Even if I understand why you would like to see this, I really don’t think it is useful. As it doesn’t actually change much and it would take a lot of work to do something most people wouldn’t even notice or pay attention to.

KenuaFB

Sep 11, 2021
Saying ’they’ isn’t always directed to a gender. It can just overall be talking about someone or multiple people, which doesn’t require you to put any title on the person.

Even if I understand why you would like to see this, I really don’t think it is useful. As it doesn’t actually change much and it would take a lot of work to do something most people wouldn’t even notice or pay attention to.
I know what you mean but i tottally disagree, even if its a small thing. it stands for not having a own pronouns. im not comfy by being called a 'they' im a proud he/him. but cubecraft sees everyone the same? cubecraft sure calls everybody a 'they'

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I know what you mean but i tottally disagree, even if its a small thing. it stands for not having a own pronouns. im not comfy by being called a 'they' im a proud he/him. but cubecraft sees everyone the same? cubecraft sure calls everybody a 'they'
I think You’re misunderstanding this. No one is saying that you are a they/them or that you have to identify as that. It is literally just a more simple solution and doesn’t need to be related to genders at all.

I am a female, I have always used she/her but I couldn’t really care less about such a thing in the kill messages. Since they are not saying that I must be something that I am not.
And if other people don’t think this is a good idea and don’t support it, they are not bothered by this either. And then there’s no point in changing this.

KenuaFB

Sep 11, 2021
I think You’re misunderstanding this. No one is saying that you are a they/them or that you have to identify as that. It is literally just a more simple solution and doesn’t need to be related to genders at all.

I am a female, I have always used she/her but I couldn’t really care less about such a thing in the kill messages. Since they are not saying that I must be something that I am not.
And if other people don’t think this is a good idea and don’t support it, they are not bothered by this either. And then there’s no point in changing this.
for me its different, and i think forcing pronouns on people is not good. we agree to disagree. but i think that the forum has already chosen to disagree, and i guess cubecraft doesnt want to have a #gendersystem

i know it isnt twitter but im just gonna use a #

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
this sounds like a thing that would waste dev time. dont get me wrong, but i feel like youre making an issue of something that is, well, not an issue.

they/them is a gender neutral pronoun which doesnt say anything about you as an individual. thats like telling people they should call you homo sapiens instead of just human :p

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
Top Bottom