Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Title basically explains the suggestion.
With the plummeted playerbase a couple of years back, so did the ammount of active forum-users.
However, minecraft started to rise in popularity and so did cubecraft, I don't see any harm in informing the current *new* playerbase that there is a forums where they can share their idea's and opinions.
Just an armourstand in the main lobby or a pop-up message in the chat every now and then, and pinned message with a direct link on the discord main page alone could result in a handfull of new, active forum users.

I don't see any harm in doing this, the forums could make use of some refreshment.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Title basically explains the suggestion.
With the plummeted playerbase a couple of years back, so did the ammount of active forum-users.
However, minecraft started to rise in popularity and so did cubecraft, I don't see any harm in informing the current *new* playerbase that there is a forums where they can share their idea's and opinions.
Just an armourstand in the main lobby or a pop-up message in the chat every now and then, and pinned message with a direct link on the discord main page alone could result in a handfull of new, active forum users.

I don't see any harm in doing this, the forums could make use of some refreshment.
This is already a thing with the "Get involved beyond the game" server-wise message. And every time you enter the server/join a lobby the welcome message mentions a website (forums)

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
This is already a thing with the "Get involved beyond the game" server-wise message. And every time you enter the server/join a lobby the welcome message mentions a website (forums)
I may have noticed this once or so, probably says enough (don't come at me about my relative observation skills). Also, as to be read in the post, I never stated they weren't doing it already and I clearly stated it might be a good idea to promote it 'more'.
Try to think of the advantages the extra promotion comes with instead of going negative the instant you read it, simply because they're already doing it to a small extent.

The current active forummembers are a very small and honestly bad representation of the server. Promoting it a bit more positively: "Have your ideas implemented" "Share your improvements" etc. might result in a new active forummembers with a whole different take on every suggestion made.

There is currently barely any Bedrock suggestions being made, why? Because there are barely any Bedrock only players active on the forums. Does it not surprise you, @Eli that there are almost no active members that joined in 2019 or 2020, even though Cubecrafts popularity has only risen last year. The current Forums Promotion is clearly not doing the trick. You even made a point on this yourself, right here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/a-cubecraft-critique.224893/ ,
I quote: "didn’t Bedrock have more than 10,000 players this summer? Why aren’t they flooding the forums? Maybe because most of them probably don’t even know it exists."
Why would you be opposed to more promotion?

And again, I don't see any downsides to doing it either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drakie❤

Drakie❤

Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2019
over there
Pronouns
He/Him
giphy.gif

Reactions: RPoule

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I may have noticed this once or so, probably says enough (don't come at me about my relative observation skills). Also, as to be read in the post, I never stated they weren't doing it already and I clearly stated it might be a good idea to promote it 'more'.
Try to think of the advantages the extra promotion comes with instead of going negative the instant you read it, simply because they're already doing it to a small extent.

The current active forummembers are a very small and honestly bad representation of the server. Promoting it a bit more positively: "Have your ideas implemented" "Share your improvements" etc. might result in a new active forummembers with a whole different take on every suggestion made.

There is currently barely any Bedrock suggestions being made, why? Because there are barely any Bedrock only players active on the forums. Does it not surprise you, @Eli that there are almost no active members that joined in 2019 or 2020, even though Cubecrafts popularity has only risen last year. The current Forums Promotion is clearly not doing the trick. You even made a point on this yourself, right here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/a-cubecraft-critique.224893/ ,
I quote: "didn’t Bedrock have more than 10,000 players this summer? Why aren’t they flooding the forums? Maybe because most of them probably don’t even know it exists."
Why would you be opposed to more promotion?

And again, I don't see any downsides to doing it either way.
The "Get involved beyond the game" message is only a thing in Java, fun fact. And on the thread I was talking about bedrock.

Second, I'm not contradicting myself as I liked and agreed with GingerGeek's post on my thread, and I quote:
You asked about Bedrock players and why they aren't on the forums. I've got a few thoughts here:
  • We don't really push our forums on the Bedrock server at the moment. Our mobile experience isn't great at the moment and until we have that nailed I don't think there's much point pushing it ingame.
  • Bedrock players play very differently -- generally much shorter play sessions than we see on Java
  • Players tend to be more casual in who they play with across all the networks and less engaged on social media and other platforms

Hope that has cleared up your confusion.

I'd like to add that there's no point on telling people their ideas will be implemented when they will not. CubeCraft should only formally promote the forums if they are in the disposition of implementing highly voted community suggestions. And I quote:

Great idea here, organisation is definitely a key issue we need to address. I guess my caution would be that until we have development resource available to commit to do suggested updates then what we may end up with is very highly voted suggestions which then don't get done... I think that could make the feeling worse!

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I'm not contradicting myself as I liked and agreed with GingerGeek's post on my thread
Fair enough.

CubeCraft should only formally promote the forums if they are in disposal of implemented highly voted community suggestions. And I quote:
I, however, do not agree with this. The forums shouldn't exist only when management has time for them. The forums help direct the management into the direction the playerbase wants it to go. We are eventually the players, so at all times it makes sense to listen to what the community wants. Even if there are still a lot of bugs on the Bedrock server, they should still know about a forums where they can share their ideas. It's healthy for the community as a whole and will eventually end up in more positive additions to the server.

Reactions: Eli
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy brithdta
Good morning Cube <3 Off to work >.<
Have a nice day everyone xx
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #55-
If a big or medium slime or magma cube is named with a name tag, and then dies, its smaller versions will have the same name.
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday green budgie!! 🎂🎈
Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Top Bottom