Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should happen?

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Short and simple: Separate No Projectiles in Skywars to another game selection board. I don't really care about what happens to soft blocks mode as I rarely get the chance to play it & don't really have an opinion on it.
One board is locked to normal projectiles, one is locked to no projectiles.

Why?
Ever since No projectiles was added as a voting option on September 29th last year, I've pretty much never been getting a regular game of normal projectiles. At this point, you have to get at least 3 other people to vote normal projectiles to even get a tie with the average amount of people that vote for no projectiles.

For me, no projectiles really ruined the game. The amount of times I don't get a piece of armour while by neighbor gets every piece is honestly insane. Usually, I'd be able to work with what I have if I had projectiles or something, but this mode pretty much gets rid of one of my only practical ways of dealing with them. Heck, they could even just bridge and make a staircase so they can drop onto me & I wouldn't be able to do anything.

At this point, no projectiles is pretty much a guaranteed set vote for you if you want to play skywars. There's nothing you can do about it. I want these modes to be separated so bad because of that. I can't even play the good ol' skywars with everything iconic to it anymore. Projectiles are a part of it, and getting rid of them is like removing the need to eat in any game in my honest opinion.

I've done hundreds of games since the update, and out of every single game I've played, I believe 4% is an accurate representation of how many of those games were normal projectiles.
And mind you; I've voted for normal projectiles every single game I've played. I have not once had normal projectiles be favoured in a voting tie between normal projectiles and no projectiles.

I know that this is voting option is a perk for ranks and all, but this honestly isn't even worth it. The way it is now pretty much forbids you from playing Skywars the way it normally should be. For the minority of players that like to play normal projectiles, it's impossible at this point to enjoy it in our preferred way even if we have a rank that can vote against it. There's always that one group of people every game that wants no-projectiles, and they always get what they want. We literally have to have 4 or more players to vote for normal projectiles to stand a chance, and if it's a team map where there are ~4 players per team, you can forget it. You're guaranteed to have enough other ranked players that want to play without projectiles.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I myself do perfer no projectiles, and indeed, you can guaranteed that you are going to play with out projectiles.
So I can understand it's annoying for people who do like projectiles, so I'm going to agree with this.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
+1, i myself enjoyed no projectiles when it was released. After that i played too much no projectiles that i hated it. And bows just gives you a change in winning a fight with someone that is OP. Please Cubecraft.

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
I don't like the idea of separating skywars into two different modes again, especially as it will mean both get fewer players so fewer games get played overall (longer waiting times). It will also likely separate skywars into two different skill-level communities, similar to when No Kits mode existed.

However, I do agree that No Projectiles mode is selected too often, so perhaps the current voting mechanic should be altered to favour normal projectiles. This could be achieved by weighting votes differently, e.g. 1 vote for normal projectiles counts as 3 whilst 1 vote for none counts as only 2. This way, if there are similar numbers of players voting for normal and no projectiles, normal will win so a higher proportion of games are normal.

Reactions: Iggleboz

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I don't like the idea of separating skywars into two different modes again, especially as it will mean both get fewer players so fewer games get played overall (longer waiting times). It will also likely separate skywars into two different skill-level communities, similar to when No Kits mode existed.

However, I do agree that No Projectiles mode is selected too often, so perhaps the current voting mechanic should be altered to favour normal projectiles. This could be achieved by weighting votes differently, e.g. 1 vote for normal projectiles counts as 3 whilst 1 vote for none counts as only 2. This way, if there are similar numbers of players voting for normal and no projectiles, normal will win so a higher proportion of games are normal.
Problem here is: The way you want to fix it, would pretty much defeat the whole "equal vote" concept. If there are 4 votes for one thing, and 9 for the other, don't you think that the one with 9 votes is obviously favoured by the majority in that game?
And to be honest, although I know 3 is an example, there are usually at least 5 others that vote for no projectiles.
As far as I know, separating the boards is pretty much the only viable way where both parties can play what they want to play.

Would projectiles still have voting for things like soft blocks?
As I mentioned, I really don't care what happens to soft blocks. I never really play it (partly because of the no projectiles problem) so I doubt it's liked by many. It honestly doesn't really feel like it should exist in a game like Skywars.

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
The way you want to fix it, would pretty much defeat the whole "equal vote" concept.

Really, I think the problem here is that only a small minority of players on Cubecraft are even able to vote. If all players were able to vote for the game they wanted to play I'm sure normal and even soft blocks would come up much more regularly; in Skywars most of the competitive players who want no projectiles have ranks, and the much larger group of casual players looking a few fun games of Skywars do not.
Perhaps separating Skywars into two modes is the best solution, and since Projectile Type votes aren't listed under the store's rank details there probably wouldn't be too much of an outcry if they were removed, however I fear this would cause the problems mentioned in my previous post, so I'm currently content with the current situation. If the most popular option using this 'fair' system is No Projectiles, then let it be.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
If the most popular option using this 'fair' system is No Projectiles, then let it be.
System is designed to be fair. It works with a logical majority-wins type of draw, which would be fair upon first glance.
There's nothing wrong with the system, but rather the way this works in combination with a rank's popular vote. I'd rather not let it be simply because it's nearly impossible to get the minority's preferred vote ever.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Short and simple: Separate No Projectiles in Skywars to another game selection board. I don't really care about what happens to soft blocks mode as I rarely get the chance to play it & don't really have an opinion on it.
One board is locked to normal projectiles, one is locked to no projectiles.

Why?
Ever since No projectiles was added as a voting option on September 29th last year, I've pretty much never been getting a regular game of normal projectiles.
At this point, you have to get at least 3 other people to vote normal projectiles to even get a tie with the average amount of people that vote for no projectiles.

For me, no projectiles really ruined the game. The amount of times I don't get a piece of armour while by neighbor gets every piece is honestly insane. Usually, I'd be able to work with what I have if I had projectiles or something, but this mode pretty much gets rid of one of my only practical ways of dealing with them. Heck, they could even just bridge and make a staircase so they can drop onto me & I wouldn't be able to do anything.

At this point, no projectiles is pretty much a guaranteed set vote for you if you want to play skywars. There's nothing you can do about it. I want these modes to be separated so bad because of that. I can't even play the good ol' skywars with everything iconic to it anymore. Projectiles are a part of it, and getting rid of them is like removing the need to eat in any game in my honest opinion.

I've done hundreds of games since the update, and out of every single game I've played, I believe 4% is an accurate representation of how many of those games were normal projectiles.
And mind you; I've voted for normal projectiles every single game I've played. I have not once had normal projectiles be favoured in a voting tie between normal projectiles and no projectiles.

I know that this is voting option is a perk for ranks and all, but this honestly isn't even worth it. The way it is now pretty much forbids you from playing Skywars the way it normally should be. For the minority of players that like to play normal projectiles, it's impossible at this point to enjoy it in our preferred way even if we have a rank that can vote against it. There's always that one group of people every game that wants no-projectiles, and they always get what they want. We literally have to have 4 or more players to vote for normal projectiles to stand a chance, and if it's a team map where there are ~4 players per team, you can forget it. You're guaranteed to have enough other ranked players that want to play without projectiles.
I agree. I like no projectiles because I dislike being hit off with one snowball, but having it in a specific board for that specific mode would be nice. Sometimes if I want to vote for normal projectiles, it doesn't work out. There will be a diamond rank who votes no projectiles, they get it. An obsidian ranked player votes for it, they get it. Sometimes I feel like the "randomizer" (if there is one) is a bit more in favor of no projectiles.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
It would make ranks less usefull
On top of that, diamond rank has more than one purpose. It can also vote for item types on Skywars.
Heck, the projectile voting perk isn't even on the store site.

It's not about what ranks can and can't do. It's about the fact that you basically can't play a game of normal projectiles anymore because it's a vote based modifier.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

DjaroGames

Mar 10, 2017
Yes. No projectiles made me quit skywars because maybe 5% of the game even has projectiles, and without projectiles, the game just isn't fun in my opinion.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I didn't see this thread on saturday and I literally just logged on to make this exact thread. Earlier today I played 8 games of Skywars, 7 of which were with no projectiles and it feels like a pointless restriction of what you can do in the game.
This is the way it should've been implemented in the first place #toldyou.
Soft Blocks mode was never a good idea and it should be removed entirely.

Reactions: Gainfullterror
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom