Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

jpts

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2019
Wales, United Kingdom
since the new knockback has been released, ive noticed some strange stuff in terms of delay. theres about a 0.5 second delay in both projectiles and knockback, and id like to see this get fixed. its a pain for people with high ping, and ive seen people complain about it.
i have a clip below which shows the delay between cubecraft and hive.

on hive, its pretty much instant, but on cubecraft, there is a bit of a delay. it really isnt the best for me to be doing this as i have low ping, but i havent seen anyone talk about this. imo, its a bit ridiculous that im still getting delay with 16ms. hope it gets fixed.
thanks @SecretEagle9862 for the help.

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
That's just bedrock, Something only Microsoft can fix, we all know it is annoying tho...

This thread explained it well

jpts

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2019
Wales, United Kingdom
That's just bedrock, Something only Microsoft can fix, we all know it is annoying tho...

no, theres a delay when you throw it. not the cps cap when throwing snowballs

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They

not really. cube was working on its own kb recently so Im sure the problem will be fixed soon :)

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
not really. cube was working on its own kb recently so Im sure the problem will be fixed soon :)
When I can get on I'll test it out on both server and world,, and see if there is a difference, but the speed of the snowball cannot be changed I think. If there is a delay that is either lag issues or serverside, but the kB shouldn't affect it,

Edit: I think cube did this to prevent spamming snowballs

jpts

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2019
Wales, United Kingdom
When I can get on I'll test it out on both server and world,, and see if there is a difference, but the speed of the snowball cannot be changed I think. If there is a delay that is either lag issues or serverside, but the kB shouldn't affect it,

Edit: I think cube did this to prevent spamming snowballs
I get the same ping on hive, and snowballs are instant

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
I get the same ping on hive, and snowballs are instant
Snowballs on hive are broken anyway, you take to much vertical kB, even if there is a delay I don't think 100 millisecond delay is really going to affect a game.
I think cube got a level so you can't spam, and doesn't deal to much vertical kb

Reactions: Kylo2532

jpts

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2019
Wales, United Kingdom
Snowballs on hive are broken anyway, you take to much vertical kB, even if there is a delay I don't think 100 millisecond delay is really going to affect a game.
I think cube got a level so you can't spam, and doesn't deal to much vertical kb
you cant spam snowballs anyway. what does hives snowball vertical kb got anything to do with this?

D

Deleted member 486292

People seem to be misinterpreting what this thread is really referring to. The point of comparison is that the hive doesnt have these issues. I do notice the delayed kb on cubecraft, even with low ping players.

As for the projectiles, cooldown can be changed if cubecraft really wanted to change it. If you right click while holding an item, the client sends an interact packet to the server. Cubecraft can use this packet while holding X item to summon a snowball in the looking direction of the player, regardless of cooldown if you right click too fast. Cubecraft could at least remove the cooldown between firing snowballs, which I would really like to see. Its too hard to use snowballs with how sluggish they are right now.

Its also a shame because this topic is quite niche and heavily overlooked by the community, consisting of more casual players or players that dont understand that the problem is actually correctable server-side.

Reactions: qMelonn and jpts

jpts

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2019
Wales, United Kingdom
People seem to be misinterpreting what this thread is really referring to. The point of comparison is that the hive doesnt have these issues. I do notice the delayed kb on cubecraft, even with low ping players.

As for the projectiles, cooldown can be changed if cubecraft really wanted to change it. If you right click while holding an item, the client sends an interact packet to the server. Cubecraft can use this packet while holding X item to summon a snowball in the looking direction of the player, regardless of cooldown if you right click too fast. Cubecraft could at least remove the cooldown between firing snowballs, which I would really like to see. Its too hard to use snowballs with how sluggish they are right now.

Its also a shame because this topic is quite niche and heavily overlooked by the community, consisting of more casual players or players that dont understand that the problem is actually correctable server-side.
yes, id like to see the cooldown removed on snowballs. and add rods

D

Deleted member 486292

Cubecraft has always been laggy
yeah its had quite a history of that, especially when compared to hive (should go without saying). It seems to be taking a similar route to that of hypixel, where they just add more and more server slots and expect the lag to magically vanish. I dont really know a whole lot about server infrastructure but this doesnt seem to have much of an affect on how laggy the server is. Cube still has occasional lag spikes or delayed packets even when at comparatively low player count.

ATouchscreenPlayer

Nov 29, 2020
yeah its had quite a history of that, especially when compared to hive (should go without saying). It seems to be taking a similar route to that of hypixel, where they just add more and more server slots and expect the lag to magically vanish. I dont really know a whole lot about server infrastructure but this doesnt seem to have much of an affect on how laggy the server is. Cube still has occasional lag spikes or delayed packets even when at comparatively low player count.
Does cube has us servers yet?

D

Deleted member 486292

Does cube has us servers yet?
No. I posed this question in the form of a suggestion not too long ago but it didnt seem to get a whole lot of traction. Without straying too far off topic, I sincerely think cubecraft could steal a good chunk of hive pvpers with an NA region (hopefully not located in canada since west coast players get 100+ ping even though its the same region).

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I think it's mainly a ping issue, so one fix to this could be regional servers.

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
did you read it and watch the video? i said i have low ping, and i still get delay.
Are you in Europe where the server is based?
Correction: Looked at your profile info, your from Wales
I'm sorry if I make it sound dumb or anything, (I don't mean it like that) because ping is your connection to the server. What is making this happen is lag.
I could get worse ping than someone but better connection because my wifi is stronger,
Personally, I haven't really noticed the snowball as an issue because like I have mentioned, 100 milliseconds isn't really going to affect a fight.

And I'm confused how this is feedback and suggestions, you are not suggesting what cubecraft can do to fix it. You just say
hope it gets fixed.
thanks
I'm apologize if I misinterpreted anything, can anyone please correct me if I am wrong

Have a good day/night/Sleep (cause I'm going to bed now)
GeoJosh7

jpts

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2019
Wales, United Kingdom
Are you in Europe where the server is based?
Correction: Looked at your profile info, your from Wales
I'm sorry if I make it sound dumb or anything, (I don't mean it like that) because ping is your connection to the server. What is making this happen is lag.
I could get worse ping than someone but better connection because my wifi is stronger,
Personally, I haven't really noticed the snowball as an issue because like I have mentioned, 100 milliseconds isn't really going to affect a fight.

And I'm confused how this is feedback and suggestions, you are not suggesting what cubecraft can do to fix it. You just say

I'm apologize if I misinterpreted anything, can anyone please correct me if I am wrong

Have a good day/night/Sleep (cause I'm going to bed now)
GeoJosh7
if i get a delay, then its certainly going to be bad for people with high ping. if they can make skywars, eggwars and sg, then im sure they can fix a small little projectile delay. heck, they could even make them java snowballs, like @nrk_ said.

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
if i get a delay, then its certainly going to be bad for people with high ping. if they can make skywars, eggwars and sg, then im sure they can fix a small little projectile delay. heck, they could even make them java snowballs, like @nrk_ said.
I'll say now, I barely get a delay, and I don't think they would make the snowballs like java, you can spam them. I personally think they are quite good now

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Best starter Pokemon ever
ddfshlb-5201d60d-979f-4f8d-9cfc-64f085c80bad.png
Frontlane wrote on Mandyy's profile.
Gefeliciteerd! :)
Reesle wrote on Mandyy's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on elderlysnake123's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
Hony wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats Worried 🥳🥳
Top Bottom