Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Currently, I need to agree to the policy in order to play the games. I've never seen any server ask Privacy Policy Agreements this upfront.

1: Does this apply to every "Official MC partner"? or does it only apply to CCGN?
2: Does the "Children's Privacy" mean that every kid who is under the age of 13 not allowed to use the forums/play on the server?
3:
We may use and store information about your location, if you give us permission to do so
Does this only apply to Mobile/Bedrock players?

Sorry if I sound really dumb, just wanna clarify. I'd happily accept these.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Some clarification on this would be really useful indeed. I don't really understand it either.

About your first question, I think it's because of the new law stuff about privacy, that's why they need our permission. Any server that stores private information should do that I think :D
About your second question, you have to be over 13 or have the permission of your guardian to play this. If you have no permission and you're under 13, you're officially not allowed to play, but I am pretty you can still just press AGREE :)

Edit: I am talking about the server.

Reactions: Jef15ist

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Your questions aren't dumb they completely valid.
1: The new EU laws apply to any EU business or any business globally that collect or process an EU citizen's data.
2: Anyone under the age of 13 has to have permission from their Guardian.
3: Technically no. Your IP address and language settings along with any purchases you make can give us access to location data.

Hope that clears some things up!

wbgamer

Novice Member
Sep 8, 2017
Your questions aren't dumb they completely valid.
1: The new EU laws apply to any EU business or any business globally that collect or process an EU citizen's data.
2: Anyone under the age of 13 has to have permission from their Guardian.
3: Technically no. Your IP address and language settings along with any purchases you make can give us access to location data.

Hope that clears some things up!
And why exactly the server needs our data ?

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
And why exactly the server needs our data ?
We’re quite clear in our privacy policy.

We’re not changing anything about how we operate. We’ve always been focussed on giving players the best experience possible.

Officially we don’t need anyone to agree to our privacy policy as the data we’re collecting we have to to run the business.

The main thing is that we collect emails and IP addresses. Emails are used so we can notify you of issues or other notifications that you subscribe to.

IP addresses we use to combat people using alt accounts, making fraudulent purcheses and other security uses.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
"quite clear"
it's hardly clear, you know perfectly well most of the people who read that are probably around 13, 14 and might not necessarily understand some of the terms you used. I understand you need a legally acceptable privacy policy, however you could have created an easier to understand version for those who maybe aren't as fluent in English or not as literate as the lawyers who most probably wrote that.

wbgamer

Novice Member
Sep 8, 2017

We’re not changing anything about how we operate. We’ve always been focussed on giving players the best experience possible.

Officially we don’t need anyone to agree to our privacy policy as the data we’re collecting we have to to run the business.

The main thing is that we collect emails and IP addresses. Emails are used so we can notify you of issues or other notifications that you subscribe to.

IP addresses we use to combat people using alt accounts, making fraudulent purcheses and other security uses.
You convinced me but i have some questions
to what extent will this make a better play experience on cube? and will it affect us as a players?

MasterNicco

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
to what extent will this make a better play experience on cube? and will it affect us as a players?
It really won't change anything at all soo don't worry its just some eu laws

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Not to be too harsh but this is something we’ve been doing since the beginning. The only thing that has changed is we’re making you all aware of our privacy policy.

As far as the wording of the current policy, yeah it’s a little “leagalese” and there will be a simpler version coming sometime this week along with an email to players and information on requesting data/ereasure from our systems.

Reactions: wbgamer

wbgamer

Novice Member
Sep 8, 2017
Not to be too harsh but this is something we’ve been doing since the beginning. The only thing that has changed is we’re making you all aware of our privacy policy.

As far as the wording of the current policy, yeah it’s a little “leagalese” and there will be a simpler version coming sometime this week along with an email to players and information on requesting data/ereasure from our systems.
Thanks for your answer :)

Reactions: johncoles
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Top Bottom