Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Hi, so I saw this suggestion a while back but they didn't go into to much explanation, so I thought I would bring it back as a new thread, for all networks, with my own detail.
I'm going to be referring to Bedrock with all my points since thats the platform I play on, but I still feel like this should become an addition on Java also!

So currently on Bedrock edition, there are two other servers that have a Prisons gamemode. One of them being Lifeboat, and the other being Mineville (if I'm not mistaken in thinking these are the only two).
However, both servers you have to pay for in order to play these gamemodes. Although Mineville isn't "expensive", it doesn't change the fact that you still have to spend your own real life money, in order to play a game on an already free Minecraft Server. As well as this, both servers are extremely laggy (not only me saying this)

Anyways the prison gamemode. So Cubecraft (although it not being a game that matched their theme) released Skyblock. Being a PvP server (with Minerware) Skyblock was a risk however it payed off due to it having a large player count, a positive feedback from the community, and a successful Skyblock rank.
I feel like Prisons is quite like Skyblock. Its a grind gamemode, however is different in the sense it is more casual. With Skyblock although it is also casual it takes A LOT of grinding. Whereas prisons although you would have to grind, is a casual grind, not in the likes of Skyblock where you HAVE to do certain things in order to progress.
Although with prisons there would most likely be challenges, they would most likely be pretty easy to do and self explanatory.
Cubecraft isn't laggy and obviously takes care in their games to satisfy the player base so I know the prisons will be a fun and enjoyable game to play.
I know prisons is a grind gamemode and thats why I feel like it would be successful. The other servers (even though you have to pay) have a large player base (to their player count) on Prisons. So I feel like it would introduce a larger community, and opens a possibility for your own twist. It also has the possibility for amazing updates and a future "Prisons Rank".

As I'm not sure if this will ever be released I'm not gonna give any ideas on the matter, but I thought I would leave a suggestion since I personally would enjoy it, and from previously owning a Prison realm (despite being incomplete and having over 500 players) always had the max realm players online and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

I'm sorry for making a thread on a previously brought up subject but this had a lot of explanation and is fresh so I thought it would be best.

Anyways if this doesn't get locked, debate below and let me know what you think :D

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
This is a great idea, and it would be nice to have another chill game mode that is not PVP based.
I completely agree, The PvP is fun but I don't always want to play PvP, I'm not a fan of Minerware and I've gotten to the point on Skyblock where its hard to progress solo on my duo island. (Not that I did even half the work they did lol)

Frequix

Dec 12, 2020
Sweden
Its a good idea but not sure if it would work out. Skyblock hss many features you can do and you are not bound to a main thing. On the other hand Prison is mainly just about mining, upgrading, mining. Skyblock has many thibgs for different types of players while Prison is bound to mining.

And I believe that Skyblock recieved so much positive feedback because another servers Skyblock.
+0

Cursedpug89

Sep 6, 2019
I think this would be a great idea. my cousin who plays a lot of minecraft with me and even more server based. he isn't really big on the PVP scene he isn't very good but does try and improve. When skyblock got dropped on cubecraft he immediately jumped on it because it wasn't PVP based. After a while well we still play some he mostly goes to Hive to play more casual non pvp games. One of his favourite things to do is mine in minecraft. I feel like there are other players like him who would jump at the oppurtinity to just mine well listening to music. This is a great idea because it would bring in the people who want to play prisons but don't want to pay for it.

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I think this would be a great idea. my cousin who plays a lot of minecraft with me and even more server based. he isn't really big on the PVP scene he isn't very good but does try and improve. When skyblock got dropped on cubecraft he immediately jumped on it because it wasn't PVP based. After a while well we still play some he mostly goes to Hive to play more casual non pvp games. One of his favourite things to do is mine in minecraft. I feel like there are other players like him who would jump at the oppurtinity to just mine well listening to music. This is a great idea because it would bring in the people who want to play prisons but don't want to pay for it.
Agreed, sometimes I just like to relax listen to music and do a bit of mining.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I really love this idea, although I do think it would take REALLY long to develop to be a game worthwhile. On skyblock you can play until you basicly fall dead. You can keep building awesome stuff making more money etc.
But once you’ve upgraded you’re pickaxe to the max... you’re done... It would take a lot of time for it to be an actual grind (I think, never really got a lot into prisons) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Top Bottom