Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,

I would like to suggest that the chat filter filters out any message that is the exact same as your last 2 messages. A large amount of people are punished for spamming when it could be prevented in the first place. Many servers already have this as they actually know why they have the rule: To prevent spam in chat, Cubecraft on the underhand rather to punish everyone.

No one likes to have people spamming in chat in the first place, there is a reason the rule is there: so no one spams. But really no one should be even able to spam.

also ppl accidently using there auto text :( pls fix its just an accident...

the spam filter would reset at the next lobby so you would be able to say gg and everything ofc

If you agree vote agree :agree: below, if you don't i guess don't vote agree

Last edited:

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
I understand that spamming should just not be possible at all. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's nearly impossible to stop all forms of spamming. People generally spam with random characters, counting, etc… Spamming the same message every time is also possible, only then with a character more or less. This is well-intentioned, but it's almost impossible to make a chat filter so good that no one can spam anymore. Also, trying to block such messages will probably lead to a lot of false-flags. In my opinion, it’s just fine how it currently is. I disagree for now.

Last edited:

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I understand that spamming should just not be possible at all. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's nearly impossible to stop all forms of spamming. People generally spam with random characters, counting, etc… Spamming the same message every time is also possible, only then with a character more or less. This is well-intentioned, but it's almost impossible to make a chat filter so good that no one can spam anymore. I’m unsure for now.
Thats why i just suggest some form of the preventation of spamming by bots etc. they often use the same message over and over again. as well as people just accidently using there auto texts like accidently saying "gg" three times... it ofc wont get rid of everything but i think most accidentle spamming and spam bots will definetly be made a lot better

Reactions: Conea64 and YeaUhm

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Hello,

I would like to suggest that the chat filter filters out any message that is the exact same as your last 2 messages. A large amount of people are punished for spamming when it could be prevented in the first place. Many servers already have this as they actually know why they have the rule: To prevent spam in chat, Cubecraft on the underhand rather to punish everyone.

No one likes to have people spamming in chat in the first place, there is a reason the rule is there: so no one spams. But really no one should be even able to spam.

I mean they kind of have it? but also don't? cause if you say a players name in bedrock it deletes the message?

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
Hello,

im voting disagree because mineplex has this and it prevents you from saying "gg" so we have to send a random message in between games, which creates spam

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
im voting disagree because mineplex has this and it prevents you from saying "gg" so we have to send a random message in between games, which creates spam
thinking of it more of a u have to be at a different /whereami (lobby) to reset it. so it would reset every lobby and game

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
On a server like hypixel, this is indeed implemented. And it is really, really annoying. Let's say you want to say gg, but your previous message was gg too, it would not send it... Another example, if you write something in party chat accidentally, and then try to write it in the all channel, it blocks it too. There are many moire situations like this where it is just really annoying.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
On a server like hypixel, this is indeed implemented. And it is really, really annoying. Let's say you want to say gg, but your previous message was gg too, it would not send it... Another example, if you write something in party chat accidentally, and then try to write it in the all channel, it blocks it too. There are many moire situations like this where it is just really annoying.
thinking of it more of a u have to be at a different /whereami (lobby) to reset it. so it would reset every lobby and game

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
the whole point is these people shouldn't be punished in the first place.. often its just a mistake for example auto chats and this would even help with spam raids spam bots etc that are often present in lobby 1. I see no downsides to this as it would reset every lobby you go into which means you can say gg and say hi to who ever you want, you wont encounter spam and you wont be in danger of being punished by the spam rule as long as you dont find a way to get past the filter, In that case the person wants to be punished soo then report them...

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
the whole point is these people shouldn't be punished in the first place.. often its just a mistake for example auto chats and this would even help with spam raids spam bots etc that are often present in lobby 1. I see no downsides to this as it would reset every lobby you go into which means you can say gg and say hi to who ever you want, you wont encounter spam and you wont be in danger of being punished by the spam rule as long as you dont find a way to get past the filter, In that case the person wants to be punished soo then report them...
But do you really see that many people spam and does it really annoy you that much?

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
But do you really see that many people spam and does it really annoy you that much?
it doesn't annoy me, no. but it does annoy me that theres a rule in cubecraft that says 3 of the same message will get you punished and theres a way to prevent punishing people, and this is by the chat filter filtering out the third of the same messages. I would like to also add that spamming is one of the most common punishments i've seen on java along with swearing but i've already put my requests in for the swearing chat filter in camezonda's thread. This is something new and thats why i made a thread about it

• Disagree
Reactions: Egg🥚

yuwan1964

Jun 5, 2021
My account name Priyanshu304 is GOT HACKED And HACKER abuse other ppl Badly Now I can't See OTHERs Chats and no 1 see my Chats
Now. How I get rid of Can't see others chats and no 1 can't see my Chats if sum1 know it so tell me how I get my chat punishment

• Agree
Reactions: Matriox

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
My account name Priyanshu304 is GOT HACKED And HACKER abuse other ppl Badly Now I can't See OTHERs Chats and no 1 see my Chats
Now. How I get rid of Can't see others chats and no 1 can't see my Chats if sum1 know it so tell me how I get my chat punishment
Cubecraft settings.

That or your parents changed the settings in your microsoft account so you can't see or use chat unless they are friends on xbox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a thread about spamming

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game