Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
This is a suggestion to remove the religious symbols.

The addition of the church has sparked some conversations in FFA that I honestly don't want to be a part of or relate to.

Examples of conversations that having a church in a map can entail... well, I think these screenshots speak for themselves.

Here are a few highlights of 10 minutes in FFA:

You used to have people "e-dating" now they can marry in game.
upload_2020-3-20_23-34-40.png

Encouraging pvp within a church might be triggering for some?
upload_2020-3-20_23-37-47.png

upload_2020-3-20_23-47-10.png

Encouraged RP:
unwwknown.png
unknowwwn.png

Please change the church to a history museum or a library?
Not everyone is christian.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-20_23-33-10.png
    upload_2020-3-20_23-33-10.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 122
  • upload_2020-3-20_23-37-4.png
    upload_2020-3-20_23-37-4.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Let people do what they want... this is going to die down pretty soon, people are having fun with it. Who does it hurt? Maybe there will be a group next that tries to kill all the church people, and start clan wars. Could be fun!

EDIT: if it doesn't die down after a few weeks though, I'm on board

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
Everyone I've talked to is not liking this. This has directly brought religion into a kid's Minecraft server. Not just religion, but the Christian one. Anyone who opposes this is obviously Christian and sees no problem with their religion being superior. This is literally just feeding into the indoctrination. "It's just fun!" It's not fun for people who don't want their chat spammed with religious propaganda and being yelled at about going to hell if they sin and whatnot. Should I add that people have already made a Discord server for this church (screenshot below)??? Very disappointing.

Attachments

• 2020-03-20_17.25.01.png
    2020-03-20_17.25.01.png
    380.7 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: Simply and Eli

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Everyone I've talked to is not liking this. This has directly brought religion into a kid's Minecraft server. Not just religion, but the Christian one. Anyone who opposes this is obviously Christian and sees no problem with their religion being superior. This is literally just feeding into the indoctrination. "It's just fun!" It's not fun for people who don't want their chat spammed with religious propaganda and being yelled at about going to hell if they sin and whatnot. Should I add that people have already made a Discord server for this church (screenshot below)??? Very disappointing.

Ok, you're taking this way too seriously. It's not even like that. How is it propaganda? When I'm on there it's people goofing off and having a good time. I feel like people are getting too uptight over the silliest thing.

Reactions: MeggalBozale

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017

I'm an atheist..

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
Ok, you're taking this way too seriously. It's not even like that. How is it propaganda? When I'm on there it's people goofing off and having a good time. I feel like people are getting too uptight over the silliest thing.
I'm in the English #1 VC in CC Discord if you want to discuss this. It is propaganda. It literally would have been okay if there weren't crosses added. Religion does not belong on Cubecraft, and no religion should be above another. If the Christian church is there, then so should Islamic temples and other major religions included.

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
I'm in the English #1 VC in CC Discord if you want to discuss this. It is propaganda. It literally would have been okay if there weren't crosses added. Religion does not belong on Cubecraft, and no religion should be above another. If the Christian church is there, then so should Islamic temples and other major religions included.

Sigh

1. What's wrong with people making satire over christianity? Or at that, any religion? As long as it's not bad stereotypes and ill-natured stuff like that, it's really all in good fun. From what I'm seeing, they're having fun in a new map

2. Isn't this sorta like the conga line in tf2? People refused to play normally, so they removed it. In this case, people are pretending to be christians, so we're just gonna remove something people are going to move on from quickly? History really does repeat itself.

3. "Everyone I've talked to is not liking this." I'd like to hear their voices too.

Look, just let people have their fun and move on. The map builder made a christian church, they obviously meant no harm.

Also quick edit, with #1 I mean satire that isn't insulting, sorta like the christian minecraft server meme.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
Is this a reference to the meme "Not on my Christian minecraft server"?
In that case, I might feel a bit better about it.
I've been sitting in this map for a long time and haven't seen anything relating to that meme. The bottom line is that religion doesnt belong on a Minecraft server.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
Sigh

1. What's wrong with people making satire over christianity? Or at that, any religion? As long as it's not bad stereotypes and ill-natured stuff like that, it's really all in good fun. From what I'm seeing, they're having fun in a new map

2. Isn't this sorta like the conga line in tf2? People refused to play normally, so they removed it. In this case, people are pretending to be christians, so we're just gonna remove something people are going to move on from quickly? History really does repeat itself.

3. "Everyone I've talked to is not liking this." I'd like to hear their voices too.

Look, just let people have their fun and move on. The map builder made a christian church, they obviously meant no harm.
I wasn't even talking to you but okay I guess. "As long as it's not bad stereotypes and ill-natured stuff like that". Did you miss the part where kids are spamming about sins in the chat and saying we are going to hell? And literally role-playing shooting up the church? Also, "I'd like to hear their voices", once again, I'm saying that I'm in English #1 on CC discord.

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
I wasn't even talking to you but okay I guess. "As long as it's not bad stereotypes and ill-natured stuff like that". Did you miss the part where kids are spamming about sins in the chat and saying we are going to hell? And literally role-playing shooting up the church? Also, "I'd like to hear their voices", once again, I'm saying that I'm in English #1 on CC discord.

"Did you miss the part where kids are spamming about sins in the chat and saying we are going to hell?"
No, and that's most likely satire my friend, welcome to the internet! Enjoy your stay.

"And literally role-playing shooting up the church?"
That's genuinely ill-mannered though, can't stick up for something like that because that's offensive. However, is it just one or two of them or everyone?

"once again, I'm saying that I'm in English #1 on CC discord."
I don't do vc, never have.

Reactions: Jevmen

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Not everyone is christian.
We roleplay our own religion, the priests fight and the wnner have prestige.
whats wrong with this.
THIS IS SO FUN
i only agrree in remove the cristian cross if other persons from other religions feel ofended

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
i am not a expert, but this city feels like it is inspired from Venice in Italy, the boats, channels, style of houses and the water in general. Now i have done a little research and in Italie they have the relegion: Roman Catholic, which mean cristiany as faith and the building for that relegion is a church. And since that it is Roman Catholic it means it is a chruch with big stained glass windows, the designer(s) of the map have done their research.

with that i have concluded that the church fits in this kind of city so that is why the are not any other religious buildings in that map, so with the point 'other relegions are excluded' can not be made really here (if Someone made this argument)

and i should say like others said, lets first watch it for a week and if people are then still going like: if you dont become cristian you deserve to burn in hell' then i should say remove that building and maybe put a clocktower or bathing house there or something in those lines

this is all my opinion ofcourse and not facts only the first section

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
"Did you miss the part where kids are spamming about sins in the chat and saying we are going to hell?"
No, and that's most likely satire my friend, welcome to the internet! Enjoy your stay.

"And literally role-playing shooting up the church?"
That's genuinely ill-mannered though, can't stick up for something like that because that's offensive. However, is it just one or two of them or everyone?

"once again, I'm saying that I'm in English #1 on CC discord."
I don't do vc, never have.
It doesn't matter if it's satire or not, not that you can prove whether it is or not, either way, it doesn't belong in a Minecraft server. You insinuating it doesn't matter if only one person says it is like a kid threatening to shoot up a school and the school board says "well, it's only one person, doesn't matter". As for someone else saying this is going to die down, no it's not, considering new players will come across constantly and repeat the same thing. Bottom line: if anything, at least just remove the crosses. The building itself is pretty, but no need to promote one religion over another on this server.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
i am not a expert, but this city feels like it is inspired from Venice in Italy, the boats, channels, style of houses and the water in general. Now i have done a little research and in Italie they have the relegion: Roman Catholic, which mean cristiany as faith and the building for that relegion is a church. And since that it is Roman Catholic it means it is a chruch with big stained glass windows, the designer(s) of the map have done their research.

with that i have concluded that the church fits in this kind of city so that is why the are not any other religious buildings in that map, so with the point 'other relegions are excluded' can not be made really here (if Someone made this argument)

and i should say like others said, lets first watch it for a week and if people are then still going like: if you dont become cristian you deserve to burn in hell' then i should say remove that building and maybe put a clocktower or bathing house there or something in those lines

this is all my opinion ofcourse and not facts only the first section
I do realize that with the name and the look of it that it is most likely inspired by Italy. I understand that point, but at the end of the day, and based on how the players are responding to this, it doesn't belong in Minecraft. I doubt most of the literal children on here even know about Italy, so it doesn't entirely matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom