Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see these games (once) again as temporary game?

• Total voters

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I am trying to do this again. I really think those games won't be dead.

Infection came up again, and I played with a friend he said ''Wow it's not dead anymore''. And indeed, if you join a game of Infection, people join immediately. I remember playing the game when you had to wait more often than you actually played the game. This applies to Speed Eggwars, UHC and Speed UHC as well, but these games were more dead. I think if you add these games back as temporary game of featured game (I don't know what the NPC is called, just the left one) it won't be dead as it used to be. Perhaps not as alive as Infection or Blockwars, but playing able. So I suggest to at least add Speed Eggwars, UHC and Speed UHC back separately once again. So UHC as Blockwars CTF and Core, separated games on the NPC. There are enough people wanting to play the games, at least one more time. What could be wrong with testing this? And I know there were lots of bugs in UHC, but that doesn't matter to me, I just like the gamemode. Please don't vote ''No.'' if you just don't like these gamemodes. I don't like Blockwars but I voted Yes for Blockwars to be coming back. Help another player to play their favourite games ... :C

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia

Infection came up again, and I played with a friend he said ''Wow it's not dead anymore''. And indeed, if you join a game of Infection, people join immediately. I remmeber playing the game when you had to wait more often than you actually played the game. This applies to Speed Eggwars, UHC and Speed UHC as well, but these games were more dead. I think if you add these games back as temporary game of featured game (I don't know what the NPC is called, just the left one) it won't be dead as it used to be. Perhaps not as alive as Infection or Blockwars, but playing able. So I suggest to at least add Speed Eggwars, UHC and Speed UHC back separately once again. So UHC as Blockwars CTF and Core, separated games on the NPC. There are enough people wanting to play the games, at least one more time. What could be wrong with testing this? And I know there were lots of bugs in UHC, but that doesn't matter to me, I just like the gamemode.
UHC takes way too long and it doesn’t go with the format of the current featured games. The 12 games are usually short to play, and that’s what they have in common to be called “featured games”. Now, games like UHC or BZ are very ambitious games, and they take up a lot of resources and a lot of time. Plus, they require a much higher quorum than average games.
As for Speed EW I have my doubts too, mainly because it would be counter productive to have two versions of EggWars at the same time. And that could somehow mess up the playercount for the main EW making games take longer to start. Which could also end up on leaving a bad impression for those who are playing EggWars for the first time. (And CubeCraft can’t afford having their main game leave a bad impression)
At last, if right now things like Layer Spleef not being featured for a month happen. Then those kind of events would be even more common if the chances had to be split amongst 14 games instead of 12.

Reactions: Onik and Keanu

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
UHC takes way too long and it doesn’t go with the format of the current featured games. The 12 games are usually short to play, and that’s what they have in common to be called “featured games”. Now, games like UHC or BZ are very ambitious games, and they take up a lot of resources and a lot of time. Plus, they require a much higher quorum than average games.
I don't get why this is a reason to not readd this games.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I don't get why this is a reason to not readd this games.
It doesn’t make sense to have two EggWars modalities at once.
Having 14 games instead of 12 will reduce the changes of all featured games. And when games are featured less frequently, more people start complaining.
UHC will most probably not work out because it requires quite a large quorum and CubeCraft currently cannot support that. When UHC was brought back, I remember it only took a few months for it to die, am I not right? It’s a formula that didn’t work, let’s face it. People didn’t like UHC.

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Did you actually read the suggestion?

Having 14 games instead of 12 will reduce the changes of all featured games.
I think not, why would that change anything else? I don't like any game that is featured, besides Infection, I am not complaining and I haven't seen anybody complaining about having too many featured games. So I think these games can be added without any issues.

Reactions: floriskn

Fedde2001

Oct 10, 2016
Netherlands
Bring back speed eggwars would be loveley, but i agree with @Elivat that this does NOT has to be the reason for the reduced amount of normal eggwars players.
So if it get added it would need lots of promo to get more players for the specific type of eggwars!

Reactions: Juskebat

Smoothlyy

Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Speed EggWars was really fun when I played it, games were very fast, compared to the current state of EggWars were most games I play go 20-30 minutes. Speed UHC would also be a great addition as UHC is in a state of revival, just look at Hypixel, UHC there is popping off, even the Speed UHC mode is popping off. UHC is very fun, I would love if it got added back.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Did you actually read the suggestion?

I think not, why would that change anything else? I don't like any game that is featured, besides Infection, I am not complaining and I haven't seen anybody complaining about having too many featured games. So I think these games can be added without any issues.
Of course I read it, being hostile won’t take you anywhere with me.

It’s not that you think or not, it is simple mathematics. If you split a month between 12 games, you get a certain amount of repetitions for each. Now, if you split a month between 14 games, you get a lesser amount of repetitions for each game. Do I make myself clear?
Let’s say for example, all games had equal chances of being featured (which isn’t the case because seemingly the most popular ones have greater odds). Then every game would have an 8.3% chance of being featured. If there weren’t 12 but 14 games, the chance would be reduced from 8.3% to 7.1%. Meaning that, all featured games would be featured less because there would be more variety.
Now what’s the problem with some frequency reduction: layer Spleef wasn’t featured in a month until people started complaining about it (and for a reason). With reduced odds, games will take even longer to be featured and people won’t be satisfied with the featured games system.

I didn’t say you were complaining, even if you were complaining or not, it wouldn’t be a reason to disregard your suggestion. But people have complained, they just didn’t realize why. When someone complained about the fact that (again I use this situation as an example) Layer Spleef wasn’t featured in a month, they are complaining about the system. But how is this the system’s fault if featured games are chosen by odds? Well because 12 games are enough games to cause such a long wait between every time Layer Spleef was featured.

Also, UHC isn’t in a state of revival, Hypixel just has about 10 times more players than CubeCraft. It’s like comparing the economy of the USA with the economy of the Netherlands. They are completely different environments.

AngelClick3r

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Oct 12, 2018
mexico
www.cubecraft.net
Serie genial que regresa la verdad o demenos que regrese como un juego adicional porque yo lo jugaba y era divertido jugar con amigos y mas los mapas modificados super rapidos, ojala regresen. :D

English.

Great series that returns the truth or that returns as an additional game because I played it and it was fun to play with friends and more super fast modified maps, hopefully they will come back.

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Of course I read it, being hostile won’t take you anywhere with me.

It’s not that you think or not, it is simple mathematics. If you split a month between 12 games, you get a certain amount of repetitions for each. Now, if you split a month between 14 games, you get a lesser amount of repetitions for each game. Do I make myself clear?
Let’s say for example, all games had equal chances of being featured (which isn’t the case because seemingly the most popular ones have greater odds). Then every game would have an 8.3% chance of being featured. If there weren’t 12 but 14 games, the chance would be reduced from 8.3% to 7.1%. Meaning that, all featured games would be featured less because there would be more variety.
Now what’s the problem with some frequency reduction: layer Spleef wasn’t featured in a month until people started complaining about it (and for a reason). With reduced odds, games will take even longer to be featured and people won’t be satisfied with the featured games system.

I didn’t say you were complaining, even if you were complaining or not, it wouldn’t be a reason to disregard your suggestion. But people have complained, they just didn’t realize why. When someone complained about the fact that (again I use this situation as an example) Layer Spleef wasn’t featured in a month, they are complaining about the system. But how is this the system’s fault if featured games are chosen by odds? Well because 12 games are enough games to cause such a long wait between every time Layer Spleef was featured.

Also, UHC isn’t in a state of revival, Hypixel just has about 10 times more players than CubeCraft. It’s like comparing the economy of the USA with the economy of the Netherlands. They are completely different environments.
I get your point, but I’m not agreeing. And I didn’t say anything about Hypixel.

CatLoverSupreme

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
Alaska

Infection came up again, and I played with a friend he said ''Wow it's not dead anymore''. And indeed, if you join a game of Infection, people join immediately. I remember playing the game when you had to wait more often than you actually played the game. This applies to Speed Eggwars, UHC and Speed UHC as well, but these games were more dead. I think if you add these games back as temporary game of featured game (I don't know what the NPC is called, just the left one) it won't be dead as it used to be. Perhaps not as alive as Infection or Blockwars, but playing able. So I suggest to at least add Speed Eggwars, UHC and Speed UHC back separately once again. So UHC as Blockwars CTF and Core, separated games on the NPC. There are enough people wanting to play the games, at least one more time. What could be wrong with testing this? And I know there were lots of bugs in UHC, but that doesn't matter to me, I just like the gamemode. Please don't vote ''No.'' if you just don't like these gamemodes. I don't like Blockwars but I voted Yes for Blockwars to be coming back. Help another player to play their favourite games ... :C

Speed Egg Wars was amazing! We at least need the maps back edits or no edits they were solid.

As for UHC no. I'm sorry but that just should have never been brought back because hardly anyone played it and nowadays most people don't play it.

Reactions: Marieke2001

iiJqlian_

Novice Member
May 3, 2018
SpeedEggwars
Speed Eggwars,
I always agreed that speed eggwars above all has great potential and wil certainly be played by many as its more exiting then eggwars due to the fact that its faster! I have tried to explain this is many ways the last months although people who never played the game do not always get it. I could only hope to see it again:oops:

Smoothlyy

Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Speed Egg Wars was amazing! We at least need the maps back edits or no edits they were solid.

As for UHC no. I'm sorry but that just should have never been brought back because hardly anyone played it and nowadays most people don't play it.

Look at Hypixel, UHC is being revived there, about 400-500 players at a time on good days.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom