Not open for further replies.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
The Problem is not the

render distance

Yes but also no. If they are on the edge of the render distance yes it is going to drop your frames when your not even near the players (100+ blocks away with 10+chunks).

My device can use 80chunks and run perfectly fine but once I get in a 10chunk radius of players my FPS drops by around 20. Even if I am nowhere near them. Although this doesn't matter for me because I already get 100+ it's just me seeing the FPS drop.

Now for console players like switch where the fps is like 48 that 20fps drop is cutting it IN HALF
That would be a problem with Entities not render distance, but at the same time who plays on lowest render distance f like 8?

I'd rather see where I am going over seeing players that far away. the FPS would still drop but mot as much because that 10chunk area is kinda big

My 80chunks stop rendering players at around 10. changing it to 3chunks away means nothing because that's like 48 blocks away compared to 160.

and lets say there is 10 players per chunk

At my 80 chunks before it I would render 100 players
then at 80 chunks with a player render update I would only see 30/40.

That is a HUGE performance difference for such a small change that again means almost nothing because you still see around 50blocks in each direction

The math there isn't 100% correct but you are reducing the players you can see by 60/70% giving you better performance on average my 60/70%

Reactions: Herbubulle

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
It's not a bug it's just because their device is becoming outdated

they did on Eggwars, items only appear within a 16bock radius now

It literally affect s nothing if it's like 32/48 blocks away that's a huge area lmao
+ You can still see people coming to third party and still see the person you are fighting and others close by

Literally 16blocks is only in Eggwars I believe

It changed the FPS from key parts in gameplay from a inconsistent 10fps(With lots of freeze framing) to a more consistent 30
does that mean my phone will no longer explode after playing 3 rounds of eggwars?

• Haha

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
does that mean my phone will no longer explode after playing 3 rounds of eggwars?
Your phone will over heat that's just the process of becoming outdated,(Working harder compared to newer phones) a bad battery and horrible power usage and cooling.

Phones will always run warm because unlike a PC or a Console they don't have a cooling fan (Unless you are using ROG)

Last edited:

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I played Sanctuary map 3 or 4 days ago, there was only (around) 10 players online and that was so SMOOTH!!! and 20m later when players joined the map with 150 players, that was again unplabale :c

CagriCann

May 22, 2020
Turkey
www.twitch.tv
Pronouns
He/Him
This lag problem is not only in the bedrock version, it actually exists in java. Some parts of the maps have lagbacks and it only happens in that map. The lag problem in all versions needs to be fixed.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Heyo, Herbubulle. Thanks for your suggestion.

We are already working on two performance changes, the one of interest to you is the culling system we used in Magic & Mayhem to remove entities but globally across the whole network, we are currently still testing it. However it should remove players out of view and fix a major amount of lag in FFA specifically. The other performance change will be entity render distance related however the implementation of this is still being discussed so I don't have more details on this just yet.

As for the Lucky Blocks lag, the change above should help with this as well as another, we will be moving the Lucky Block model into the resource pack as currently its injected into a steve NPC as this was how we previously displayed models. This should help with performance, heavily with load times in the game.

~ Marked as planned. Let me know if anything here wasn't answered.

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Heyo, Herbubulle. Thanks for your suggestion.

We are already working on two performance changes, the one of interest to you is the culling system we used in Magic & Mayhem to remove entities but globally across the whole network, we are currently still testing it. However it should remove players out of view and fix a major amount of lag in FFA specifically. The other performance change will be entity render distance related however the implementation of this is still being discussed so I don't have more details on this just yet.

As for the Lucky Blocks lag, the change above should help with this as well as another, we will be moving the Lucky Block model into the resource pack as currently its injected into a steve NPC as this was how we previously displayed models. This should help with performance, heavily with load times in the game.

~ Marked as planned. Let me know if anything here wasn't answered.
Hey Story!

Thanks a lot CubeCraft Staff for working on this new performance system!!!
That's just amazing! 🥰
Magic & Mayhem wasn't laggy at all for the mobs (only players), with this change, everyone could play smoothly on the server, even with the worst device :0
Everything here seems very good! I'm very hyped by this update!
Again, thanks a lot!

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Heyo, the culling system I talked about above is now on the network. Please do let us know how it feels and how much it helped with your performance.

I will mark this thread as implemented once the other features are done as well. :]
Woah! that's amazing :D I saw that in the changelog channel discord!
I'll try it tomorrow because I don't have time today :0 TY!

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
Heyo, the culling system I talked about above is now on the network. Please do let us know how it feels and how much it helped with your performance.

I will mark this thread as implemented once the other features are done as well. :]
I'm surprised on how well this works. Now I can play eggwars on 11 fps instead of 1 which (imo) is massive. I've also gotten my first ever eggwars solo win in 2 years thanks to the implementation of the culling system thing.

• Wow

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com

None at all, And it makes people disappear behind blocks. Some angles u can't see them but you can see their nametag. Weird angles but still

On Xbox I haven't tried at all. But on PC none at all

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
None at all, And it makes people disappear behind blocks. Some angles u can't see them but you can see their nametag. Weird angles but still

On Xbox I haven't tried at all. But on PC none at all
Its impossible for players to disappear without their nametags.

Also its not meant to give gains to already performant devices, best to test this on mobile/switch. We're seeing performance improvements but not a full fix to the problem, which was expected.

Based on our testing of the Switch we think that entity render distance features will be the last main thing to help with lower-end devices.

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Its impossible for players to disappear without their nametags.

Also its not meant to give gains to already performant devices, best to test this on mobile/switch. We're seeing performance improvements but not a full fix to the problem, which was expected.

Based on our testing of the Switch we think that entity render distance features will be the last main thing to help with lower-end devices.
Hey! I just tried the Sanctuary map (which is the laggiest map) on my Switch with 120+ players online. First, the spawn is not laggy!!! :0 I'm playing right now and it's SMOOTH!! I can play without lag, like in others maps and gamemodes. This is amazing!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom