Not open for further replies.

Frontlane

🦦
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi guys!

Yesterday, after I introduced myself to the forums, I remembered an idea of mine about something that I think is quite annoying.
As I didn't want to steal anyone's ideas, I first searched for it on here, and I saw that @RemiFan also made a suggestion about this, but this was almost a year ago. As the new suggestion system has just been released, and this earlier mentioned suggestion was made quite a while ago, I'm reposting it from my own perspective!

🚨

What's the Problem?

Suppose you're playing games like Lucky Islands, Skywars, or Eggwars in team mode with a party of a certain number, let's say a party of 3, you're going to want to play games where the amount of players per team is 3. The party leader (if they have a certain rank) can select a map for teams of 3 in the lobby.

Okay. First game ended or all party members died. The party leader should not click on "Play Again", as the party will join a team game with (probably) different team sizes; in other words, a random map with team sizes (probably) too big or too small for the party.
To join a new game with the preffered team size, the party will need to go to the lobby first, where the party leader has to join from map selection again. It only takes a few seconds, but it would be very nice if the party could join a game with the same team size as the game before, by clicking "Play Again", while in Auto Mode, or by running the command /playagain now.

💡

A possible solution

Firstly, I would like to share the idea of @RemiFan again, which you can find here.

My own idea was to make a similar version of "Auto Mode", called "Party Mode". It appears only when you're in a party and after all party members have died or the game has ended, together with "Play Again", "Auto Mode", and "Leave".

Ontwerp zonder titel(1).png
When "Party Mode" is clicked or the command /playagain partymode is runned, it could either be that you get automatically sent to a new game with a map with the right team size (how Auto Mode works as well), or it could be like a "Play Again" (/playagain now), and then sending you to a map with the right team size. Let me know which one you prefer! Also, this will only work if there is a map open with the correct amount of team members. It has already been suggested in the past as well to always have 1 map open of every team size, but I won't go into that here. Maybe it could be coded in a way that it'll find a map with slightly bigger team sizes if there is no map with the exact amount available.

There you have it! This is my suggestion to expand the play again feature. You can view it very broadly, even the name "Party Mode" might not be relevant for some, as you can always be playing alone in team mode and still want to play only in maps with teams of the same size.

Make sure to let me know what you think below or in a message! 😎

Last edited:

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
I love this idea! it has been a struggle for me aswell. so party mode sounds like an great idea, and my suggestion for when there are no maps in the right team size: sent the team back to the lobby, and automatically join the game as soon as there is a free map.

Reactions: Frontlane

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
This has been bothering me and tons of other players as well. You’re the first one to suggest it: I don’t understand how this hasn’t been suggested before.

I don’t think I’ll need to add much to my post as this thread pretty much covers the entire issue. A solution to this is necessary.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I honestly really love this idea, it's simplistic but a great help to many players. I like how you have thought about map availability and if there are no free maps for a certain party size, it will automatically send them to the next biggest map. However, some people may not enjoy this feature and would rather wait in the Lobby for a few minutes for a map to be generated. Overall, I really think it would be a nice addition! :)

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Good idea!

I find it annoying whenever I am a party leader playing a team game that when I click "Play again" it puts us in a game where the team size is too small to fit our party.

I think having an extra option to find a game that has a team size to at least fit your party would be great.
I would still leave the current "Play again" option there as there might be parties that do not care about the team size and might want to compete with eachother.

+1

Kazwa

Sr. Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 23, 2020
Sweden ♡
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a really cool idea. It would be really nice to see it implemented.

Good suggestion!

• Love

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Definitely a yes from me. I play EggWars with friends every day. Joining a new game, with the same team size by simply clicking on ''Party Mode'' in chat would be very useful.

• Love

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello Frontlate,

We discussed your suggestion internally and definitely felt like this would be a nice change/addition to our current system. We likely won't be able to open a map of every team size at all times, as this could cause an increase in waiting times. Instead, we'd love for it to scale you up to a bigger team map if the right one isn't open. If you'd be in a party with 3 players, you would get sent to a 3 player map. If there aren't any 3 player maps open, you'd be sent to a 4 player map and so on.

Your suggestion has been marked as planned, as it's something we'd like to see in the future (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #38-
A book called 'A la recherche du temps perdu' by Marcel Proust contains an estimated 9,609,000 characters, making it the longest book in the world. The title translates to "Remembrance of Things Past".
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
You are so close to 400!:D
ToonBer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713270171790.png
ToonBer wrote on Capitan's profile.
1713269798868.png
ToonBer wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
hello there 🍰
Top Bottom