Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Simqnn

Novice Member
Apr 28, 2017
When i got on today i noticed that my ping (which is normally around 10 or 20) shot up to 80 and hasnt gone down yet.

I thought it might be my connection, so i restarted my pc, updated my drivers and did more things to make sure it wasnt my doing.
Nothing of this worked.

Then my friends came online and they have the same problem. Their ping is normally around 20 and now shot up to 80+

Did anything change with the server host location or connection?
Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I haven’t noticed my ping going up. The server location hasn’t change, and I’m not aware of any new big updates. Might be just some server lag in FFA.
If you are comfortable with cmd you can use the command (on windows?)
ipconifg/release
ipconfig/renew
It might fix some things. It also safe to do that before anything else. It’s fast and doesn’t take a lot of time :)

Edit: I asked it to be moved, thanks Tyfoxy!

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
People seriously need to stop worrying so much about their ping.
First of all, please read this:
While Internet connection speeds can affect pings, ping response time is often directly related to the physical distance between the source and destination systems. Therefore, a fast connection between New York and Tokyo will likely have a longer ping than a slow connection between New York and Philadelphia. Network congestion may slow down pings, which is why pings are often used for troubleshooting.

What is a Good Ping Response Time?

1. < 30 ms - excellent ping; almost unnoticeable; ideal for online gaming
  2. 30 to 50 ms - average ping; still ok for online gaming
  3. 50 to 100 ms - somewhat slow ping time; not too noticeable for web browsing but may affect gaming
  4. 100 ms to 500 ms - slow ping; minimal effect on web browsing, but will create noticeable lag in online gaming
  5. > 500 ms - pings of a half second or more will add a noticeable delay to all requests; typically happens when the source and destination are in different parts of the world
Source: techterms
Ping ≠ (Directly) speed.
Having a ping of 80 is fine and you should not worry about it too much. It can be that your internet provider is under heavy load at the moment and therefore your connection is a bit slower, or other users in your house are using the same network, also causing it to be slower.
Again, don't worry too much about it. It'll be fine.

Lecura

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Pronouns
They/Them
I've read another thread about this. Also my ping went up sometime but not constantly..

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Changed my name to _EliteSexy, so thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🐷
endertom100 wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy birthdayyyy!!! ^-^
xHappyMood wrote on Reesle's profile.
you alright mate? that’s almost 3 years ago 😟
1715860985680.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom