Pretty good idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Everyone meets annoying people, so wouldn't it be 'fun' if you can 'mute' people? They are still allowed to talk to everyone, except the people who 'muted' this annoying people! A command could be /p mute <player name>

You can also unmute; /p unmute <player name>

I hope that it is a good idea!

Reactions: AboodPlayz

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Not sure how this could work in global chat though, nice idea though. I would suggest contacting staff with screenshots if the annoying person is being abusive towards you though :)

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Everyone meets annoying people, so wouldn't it be 'fun' if you can 'mute' people? They are still allowed to talk to everyone, except the people who 'muted' this annoying people! A command could be /p mute <player name>

You can also unmute; /p unmute <player name>

I hope that it is a good idea!
how about in settings you can select what chat you want to see
-Global
-Whispers
-Friend PMS
Announcements cannot be muted :P
But i do like you're idea but if it does get added i suggest the customize what chat you receive should too!

Reactions: Komodо

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
I love this! Everyone can still see the person talk except you! This would be great against spammers and people who swear and that way you don't need to report them anymore because you simply can mute them in-game and you can choose by your own who you want to mute, great suggestion komo! ;)

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I love this! Everyone can still see the person talk except you! This would be great against spammers and people who swear and that way you don't need to report them anymore because you simply can mute them in-game and you can choose by your own who you want to mute, great suggestion komo! ;)
but they will annoy other players, it is better to report them to mute them completely instead of muting them and they go annoy someone else,
For spammers they do get a kick but i prefer muting the global chat completely :P

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
But..... Isn't it better that you report these guys so they can be dealt with by staff? What if there's someone that is being very aggressive towards you because you beat him and you just mute him, great for you, you don't need to see the nasty stuff he is writing. Then he does it to someone else again getting muted by that person. Without any action by staff these type of players will just continue on their merry way without so much as a warning for being disrespectful.

Like I said, it's a nice suggestion if you don't want to talk to someone but better for the community if you just f2 and report them :D

Reactions: BlueMoon475

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
but they will annoy other players, it is better to report them to mute them completely instead of muting them and they go annoy someone else,
For spammers they do get a kick but i prefer muting the global chat completely :p
You're right, maybe reporting is better but I still like the system :D

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
A personal mute command has been suggested numerous times, and it has been agreed there'd be too many problems with it, such as users being able to ignore staff, and a player swearing/directing hostility at another user without the target knowing (because they've muted them, the other younger users would have to watch the attack without knowing how to mute) it's just easier to ask them to stop and report

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
A personal mute command has been suggested numerous times, and it has been agreed there'd be too many problems with it, such as users being able to ignore staff, and a player swearing/directing hostility at another user without the target knowing (because they've muted them, the other younger users would have to watch the attack without knowing how to mute) it's just easier to ask them to stop and report
Maybe All Staff Members And Announcements cannot be muted?
Maybe A /Mute Vote in game to temporarily mute a player?
Their Is Already a Black list of words so they might not be able to pronounce it or understand it (they can add extra black list words)

Reactions: Komodо
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom