Do you agree?

• Total voters

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
My suggestion consists of 3 parts :)

Part 1:
On the discord server, there’s a channel called staff-help. In there you can ask questions, and staff will answer them. It’s forbidden to speak in there unless you have a question, so you can’t help other people in there. You can, however, help people that post a question in staff-help in another channel. There’s no rule about when and how to do this, but today a staff member said that it was appreciated if you give staff some time to respond first. And it can also be very annoying if you ask something in there and a random player just answers (sometimes with a wrong answer, or didn’t answer your question) while you didn’t ask them. That’s why I suggest adding a rule saying that you can answer people if a staff member hasn’t responded after 5 minutes.

Part 2:
Sometimes people (accidentally or not) still talk/answer a question. Now it’s fine to remind them of the rule that you can’t talk in there by saying something like “Are you aware that there’s a rule saying you can’t talk in staff-help?” as that is clearly just intended to help and in no way doing what staff is supposed to do. However, some people think it’s necessary for them to bring this to another extent. This message for example:
F1C8ADA3-2F28-400D-9E96-A80968FF59C2.jpeg

It was sent by a non-staff member, and it’s in no way their job to tell people something like this. Once again, a staff member told me there’s no rule prohibiting it, but that it’s not very appreciated. So I propose making a rule against this kind of things.

Part 3:
Sometimes when you ask a question in staff-help someone answers somewhere else. That’s fine, but when they give a wrong answer that’s very annoying and misleading, and might even lead you to breaking a rule. I don’t think people should be punished for giving a wrong answer once, as making mistakes is human, but I think that when they give a wrong answer several times they should receive a warning, and if they do it a few more times they should receive a ban

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
The reason why there is a staff-help channel is so people can get answers from staff members which are 100% correct answers. If someone else answers the question you can not rely on it being correct, so you just have to keep that in mind. If you want to be completely sure to get the correct answer you can just await a reply from a staff member.

The people who answer the questions in other channels are just trying to be helpful, this should not be punished for in my opinion, even if they give wrong information. Nobody has ever said to believe the answers others give, so you should not completely rely on them. Especially not in cases as asking about a rule which you might break if a wrong answer is given.

Reactions: ggKort and Josher

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
Hello! Sorry but I have to disagree with some of these, although I can see it took you time to write this thread and it's very appreciated :)

That’s why I suggest adding a rule saying that you can answer people if a staff member hasn’t responded after 5 minutes.
I don't agree with this, because if you know the answer for sure, it would just be needless to wait for 5 minutes. Imagine someone asking "Where can I apply for staff" and you having to wait 5 minutes before giving the answer. The cons of this outweigh the pros since players give more correct information than false ones.

It was sent by a non-staff member, and it’s in no way their job to tell people something like this. Once again, a staff member told me there’s no rule prohibiting it, but that it’s not very appreciated. So I propose making a rule against this kind of things.
I really think this is a personal issue with that person rather than a general one; the guy is just being kind of arrogant, that's all.

but I think that when they give a wrong answer several times they should receive a warning, and if they do it a few more times they should receive a ban
I am against banning players for giving wrong answers, it's a very natural thing and people shouldn't be punished for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maaarijn

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I don't agree with this, because if you know the answer for sure, it would just be needless to wait for 5 minutes. Imagine someone asking "Where can I apply for staff" and you having to wait 5 minutes before giving the answer. The cons of this outweigh the pros since players give more correct information than false ones.
Yes that was already the part I was least sure of.
I really think this is a personal issue with that person rather than a general one; the guy is just being kind of arrogant, that's all.
Nope, I’ve seen other people do about the same.
0661D852-8130-4A80-BC54-11701EEBB5F8.jpeg

This one is a little better but still not their task.
You'd ban people for giving wrong answers????
Not once, but after several times, and they’d be warned first as well. They just shouldn’t answer if they aren’t sure...

Reactions: Ge1ster

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
View attachment 185022
This one is a little better but still not their task.
It's like saying "That channel is for staff answers only" but worded differently and more mini-modding-like

Not once, but after several times, and they’d be warned first as well. They just shouldn’t answer if they aren’t sure...
Nah banning people for wrong answers would just be impractical. It's so easy for someone to give false info when they are so sure that their answer contains correct info. That should never be a reason for punishment

Reactions: Maaarijn
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Snugwall7427827's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Matriox wrote on Lyriie's profile.
MEMORIES

1711765726908.png

1711765763538.png

1711765623770.png
Xi1m wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
happy birthday que khalid
i just created the most fire edit ive ever made in my life
Matriox wrote on Fesa's profile.
Is there a cubepanion /help command with commands list?
Top Bottom