Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I actually think that this has been suggested before but I was unable to find the thread I once remember seeing so if anyone else find it, feel free to post it here!

Either way, what I wanted to suggest is adding a partially-accepted tag to reports, the reason to this is because a lot of reports gets denied due to the player already being punished, either by Sentinel or staff.

Why I think that this would be good is that getting the tag "Denied" feels quite negative in some ways, and people might not understand why it actually got denied even though they are able to click on the rulebreakers name and see the reason.

This would not count as an accepted report but would look better for people who regulary make reports and would maybe keep the motivation up, since I myself can admit that seeing that a report got denied because Sentinel took care of it or that it got handled from another report isn't that nice.

Open (Would also suggest changing this to Pending instead of Open)
Accepted
Denied
Partially-Accepted

This would also provide evidence from a report of someone hacking which would support the Sentinel ban, if the player got banned by Sentinel. Which is also a positive thing.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I actually think that this has been suggested before but I was unable to find the thread I once remember seeing so if anyone else find it, feel free to post it here!

Either way, what I wanted to suggest is adding a partially-accepted tag to reports, the reason to this is because a lot of reports gets denied due to the player already being punished, either by Sentinel or staff.

Why I think that this would be good is that getting the tag "Denied" feels quite negative in some ways, and people might not understand why it actually got denied even though they are able to click on the rulebreakers name and see the reason.

This would not count as an accepted report but would look better for people who regulary make reports and would maybe keep the motivation up, since I myself can admit that seeing that a report got denied because Sentinel took care of it or that it got handled from another report isn't that nice.

Accepted
Denied
Partially-Accepted

This would also provide evidence from a report of someone hacking which would support the Sentinel ban, if the player got banned by Sentinel. Which is also a positive thing.

Plain and simple if sentinel caught them before you but you have additional evidence (and they were hacking) it should count. +1

And heck it would be easier to appeal and since I believe people evidence is more reliable the whole process would be smoother. However, I also think that previous reports denied because of sentinel should be accepted again.

Reactions: Noobiee and Livvv

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
The report wasn't accepted if the evidence wasn't used. Hence "partially-accepted" doesn't really make sense as the report simply was not accepted.

I agree that Sentinel bans should be overwritten if the banned player has been reported with valid evidence.

Because a lot of reports gets denied due to the player already being punished, either by Sentinel or staff.

Why I think that this would be good is that getting the tag "Denied" feels quite negative in some ways, and people might not understand why it actually got denied eve
I do not support this suggestion because of this. I feel like your suggestion is more about this than it is about the Sentinel reports.

I think one of my old suggestions already touched on this topic
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/just-a-suggestion-about-sentinel-reports.205806/

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
The report wasn't accepted if the evidence wasn't used. Hence "partially-accepted" doesn't really make sense as the report simply was not accepted.

I agree that Sentinel bans should be overwritten if the banned player has been reported with valid evidence.

I do not support this suggestion because of this. I feel like your suggestion is more about this than it is about the Sentinel reports.

I think one of my old suggestions already touched on this topic
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/just-a-suggestion-about-sentinel-reports.205806/
This suggestion was not actually about Sentinel though, I just took Sentinel as an example of when a report gets denied.

This just apply to any report getting denied due to the player already being punished.

The reason to why I think that it should count as a partly accepted report is because the person who reported the player still put effort into getting evidence and then reporting it. Which is why I think that it should be a more positive tag on it.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
This suggestion was not actually about Sentinel though, I just took Sentinel as an example of when a report gets denied.

This just apply to any report getting denied due to the player already being punished.

The reason to why I think that it should count as a partly accepted report is because the person who reported the player still put effort into getting evidence and then reporting it. Which is why I think that it should be a more positive tag on it.
In the case of Sentinel, I do agree the evidence should overwrite the Sentinel ban and the punishment length should be adapted accordingly. But the tag should just be 'Handled' instead of creating an entirely new tag solely for this.

In cases where the player was reported with evidence and punished, then I disagree because your evidence simply was not used and, however, your report was appreciated, it didn't lead to much.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
In the case of Sentinel, I do agree the evidence should overwrite the Sentinel ban and the punishment length should be adapted accordingly. But the tag should just be 'Handled' instead of creating an entirely new tag solely for this.

In cases where the player was reported with evidence and punished, then I disagree because your evidence simply was not used and, however, your report was appreciated, it didn't lead to much.
I still feel like the intention was good and since there's not any official way to thank players for creating reports, I think that it at least leaves a more positive effect to the community.
But yes, the evidence used for the report would not be affected, if it's not screenshots/videos of the same player breaking the same rule but in other situations. Though even if it doesn't add much, it is still effort put into creating the report.

I respect that you disagree with my suggestion, it's good getting other's perspective of this, but I still really do think that this would be nice.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
D

Deleted member 294498

I agree due the fact that almost 75% of my reports already are handled ingame or by sentinel after my report was handled/denied

Reactions: Livvv

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Added a poll to make it easier to see what people actually think about this ^-^

Also open for feedback and opinions around the subject. Willing to edit the suggestion if someone got something to add to it.

Reactions: SanCookie

Drakie❤

Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2019
over there
Pronouns
He/Him
I think that reports that are submitted before the player who was reported got banned, should count because the player took the time and effort to go and report a cheater.

+1

Last edited:

LuxGlez

🎥 Content Creator
🤝 Partner 💜
Feb 2, 2016
México

Accepted
Denied
Partially-Accepted

I was thinking of making a suggestion of this, but I didn't know if they had already created posts, Totally agree, usually 20 to 30 reports by illegal clients, I end up with 15 or less accepted reports due to sentinel, which is fine, since the anticheat is helping, but according to some messages from the staff: "It's great that you reported them anyways since it secures the player to get their punishment that they deserve"

So, I feel that the report should be accepted, or as you indicate a different status, this would encourage more new helper applicants to continue reporting.

Reactions: Drakie❤ and Livvv

Aosm

Apr 16, 2019
Would it count as one more report? It can be abused, Imagine if you make a report that someone else did before, and this is done multiple times, the suggestion is good as long as the report does not count. ;) +1

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Would it count as one more report? It can be abused, Imagine if you make a report that someone else did before, and this is done multiple times, the suggestion is good as long as the report does not count. ;) +1
"This would not count as an accepted report but would look better for people who regulary make reports and would maybe keep the motivation up, since I myself can admit that seeing that a report got denied because Sentinel took care of it or that it got handled from another report isn't that nice."

So no, it would not count as a fully accepted report.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Bump

Would still like to see more opinions about this or if you only prefer to vote for what you think
^-^

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I always really wanted this as a reporter just to have an easy way of telling whether or not my report had an effect. Also, it's pretty off-putting for players to report an obvious rulebreaker and see "Denied" as if it didn't matter that they reported a rulebreaker. Clicking on the player's name on the reports website isn't very intuitive either and I've seen many players get confused about this on Discord before.

Even as a moderator I really wanted this for this reason:
This would also provide evidence from a report of someone hacking which would support the Sentinel ban
Having that extra evidence would have really helped when it came to looking into appeals from all kinds of different punishments. Sometimes, a newer report would show better evidence of a player breaking a rule and this would have been especially helpful sentinel and in-game bans.

Overall, I've been waiting for this since the reports website was released and still think it would be great to implement.

Reactions: Livvv

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
I agree with this, since "Pending" is also used in the /report command. So it would be nice if those would have the same messages/words.

Partially-Accepted
I don't like the "Partially-Accepted" tag, but it could just be "Handled" in another colour like: "Handled". The message should be something like: "The rule-breaker has been punished, but the rule-breaker was already reported or dealt with by Sentinel." instead of "Your report was successful."

I found it also frustrating when my report gets closed because someone was just faster or the cheater was already banned by Sentinel. You also did put the effort in creating the report, so why shouldn't you be rewarded with a successful report. But in order to get this, your evidence should also be valid.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Top Bottom