Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Partially accepted reports, should this be a thing?

• Yes.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • No.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 373055

I completely do not care. Does it improve the server? No, this does not improve this server in any way. Adding this would not mean that there will be less hackers. It maybe changes your mindset, or it increases your amount of reports, but what does it matter? You do not get any points for accepted reports or something. It is a waste of time to add this as this server does not get any improvement out of it.

Will you report more if more of your reports were 'partially accepted' instead of denied? I do not think so. Also, for helper applications, the minimum of reports does not exist anymore, they look at your reports as well, but denied reports also count as helping the server. Staff members always say: 'still thanks for reporting though!' or something like that.

However, there is one occasion where this can actually be useful for the server. That is in case there is not enough evidence someone hacks or not. When you need more evidence, however, I think a report should just be denied if there is not enough evidence, and if there is after a second report, I think both reports should be succesfull. But it does not matter.

The server really does not improve, only the 'fun' when you report someone, although I cannot imagine why you like it. Imrpoving the server is why you report someone, not for a green marked text on your reports page. In that case,

After all, to reduce the amount of closed reports, you should not report cases when someone else already reported a rule breaker. If your friend reports someone for example, you should not report the same person with the same evidence, that is just useless and takes time from staff members, like mentioned before. You can abuse this - if you could get any reward at all - and that way staff needs to take more time for reports while it was not necessary.

I do not think it should be added. It will encourage players to report everything while it already is reported and they know it - the amount of reports will be increased - which increases the time staff needs to take in reports; adding this feature costs time as well and adding this feature does not (in any case directly) reduce the amount of rule breakers.

This is only a psychical problem as people just get frustrated by a red colored message. That way, they do not want to report anymore, but in that case, the players should realise that it is for improving the server and not for a green message. Most reports are after all closed, so there are rather too much reports now. It will just not improve anything regarding to rule breakers. Really, making this more professional by removing the colors red and green entirely from the reports site would be a better solution, as reporting rule breakers should not be a game itself.

As this was meant as a reply on another thread but it was too old, the threads sounds a bit mean, but I wanted to add this as it looked like nobody disagrees and it is forbidden to react to threads that are too old. Those threads:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/partially-accepted-reports.225345/ @Livvv
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-a-reporting-status-already-punished-for-this-action.232065/ @Liontack

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I completely do not care. Does it improve the server? No, this does not improve this server in any way. Adding this would not mean that there will be less hackers. It maybe changes your mindset, or it increases your amount of reports, but what does it matter? You do not get any points for accepted reports or something. It is a waste of time to add this as this server does not get any improvement out of it.

Will you report more if more of your reports were 'partially accepted' instead of denied? I do not think so. Also, for helper applications, the minimum of reports does not exist anymore, they look at your reports as well, but denied reports also count as helping the server. Staff members always say: 'still thanks for reporting though!' or something like that.

However, there is one occasion where this can actually be useful for the server. That is in case there is not enough evidence someone hacks or not. When you need more evidence, however, I think a report should just be denied if there is not enough evidence, and if there is after a second report, I think both reports should be succesfull. But it does not matter.

The server really does not improve, only the 'fun' when you report someone, although I cannot imagine why you like it. Imrpoving the server is why you report someone, not for a green marked text on your reports page. In that case,

After all, to reduce the amount of closed reports, you should not report cases when someone else already reported a rule breaker. If your friend reports someone for example, you should not report the same person with the same evidence, that is just useless and takes time from staff members, like mentioned before. You can abuse this - if you could get any reward at all - and that way staff needs to take more time for reports while it was not necessary.

I do not think it should be added. It will encourage players to report everything while it already is reported and they know it - the amount of reports will be increased - which increases the time staff needs to take in reports; adding this feature costs time as well and adding this feature does not (in any case directly) reduce the amount of rule breakers.

This is only a psychical problem as people just get frustrated by a red colored message. That way, they do not want to report anymore, but in that case, the players should realise that it is for improving the server and not for a green message. Most reports are after all closed, so there are rather too much reports now. It will just not improve anything regarding to rule breakers. Really, making this more professional by removing the colors red and green entirely from the reports site would be a better solution, as reporting rule breakers should not be a game itself.

As this was meant as a reply on another thread but it was too old, the threads sounds a bit mean, but I wanted to add this as it looked like nobody disagrees and it is forbidden to react to threads that are too old. Those threads:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-a-reporting-status-already-punished-for-this-action.232065/ @Liontack
Its a quality of life thing. I want to know if I gave enough evidence to support a punishment. Are there really any downsides to this?

Reactions: Liontack

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They

There is a real benefit from ever having partially accepted reports, and it's the increase of a Hacker's punishment. With Sentinel, a cheater gets banned for 7 days first and for 30 days upon a second infraction. If reports were to be accepted partially it'd be possible to completely skip the first (7 day) punishment and go straight for a 30 day ban. Which I do think is deserved for anyone using illegal clients and is benefitial for the server since it gets rid of cheaters for a longer time and makes the punishment track quicker to arrive to a permanent punishment. Not to mention that video evidence is much more of a solid justification to deny appeals than Sentinel Logs, and with Sentinel Bans it may be frequent that players get unbanned while they had been rightfully punished in the first place.

I've never really agreed with the argument of this being added simply because it's upsetting to have a report denied when you were most certainly correct. And I'd honestly consider it a side effect, a side benefit. The real importance here is the punishment track and evidence.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I think this is a typical thing that depends from person to person. Some people might not care at all, either because they don’t report or because it really doesn’t matter for them. Though I also feel like it could’ve some sort of positive impact on people.

Constantly getting denied reports for ”already punished” will most likely get people to question reports overall. People might think that it is not even worth reporting in the first place because the rulebreaker in question will most likely be punished before the report is looked into anyway or the effort they took into creating this wouldn’t matter.

I also feel like, even if you do not find it useful, it doesn’t really harm anyone and would not cause more issues than the current system.

Also, if you have a reason to revive a thread, then it is allowed. And your opinion on this would’ve been a valid reason : p

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
There are already some wonderful responses on this thread. I agree with them. I would also like to add this.

(Bold added by me)
Apart from this being a ridiculously long sentence, I do not agree with the higlighted part. Most of the time I do NOT know whether or not someone else is reporting the rule breakers I come across. I do not know whether sentinel has taken action on this rule breaker or not. Only when Sentinel puts a message in chat (in the same game I come across the rule breaker), or another player tells me they will report it, only then I will now. This does not happen very often in my case and those are the cases I don't report myself. I imagine this is the case for any serious reporter.
Whether or not the reporting behaviour will change in the way you think is not certain. Overall the pro's outweigh the con's in my opinion. Even after reading your opinion on this matter.

On a technical note: Shouldn't this thread be closed as well as my thread (second one listed)? They actually both are a response to the first listed thread from @Livvv, which is okay to be revived with this new opinion.

Reactions: Livvv

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
There are already some wonderful responses on this thread. I agree with them. I would also like to add this.

(Bold added by me)
Apart from this being a ridiculously long sentence, I do not agree with the higlighted part. Most of the time I do NOT know whether or not someone else is reporting the rule breakers I come across. I do not know whether sentinel has taken action on this rule breaker or not. Only when Sentinel puts a message in chat (in the same game I come across the rule breaker), or another player tells me they will report it, only then I will now. This does not happen very often in my case and those are the cases I don't report myself. I imagine this is the case for any serious reporter.
Whether or not the reporting behaviour will change in the way you think is not certain. Overall the pro's outweigh the con's in my opinion. Even after reading your opinion on this matter.

On a technical note: Shouldn't this thread be closed as well as my thread (second one listed)? They actually both are a response to the first listed thread from @Livvv, which is okay to be revived with this new opinion.
My thread did get revived but someone else thought that it counted as necro-posting which was incorrect so the threadowner to this thread decided to create a new thread with his opinion instead. I'll keep this open for now but if the owner of this thread would request me to close this and want to move on to the other one, that would be fine as well.

D

Deleted member 469419

Hi,

I think the real benefit of report is helping out the cubecraft community doesn't matter how many reports you've done or his quality just helping cubecraft and keep safe the network.

Though as more quality possible, you'll have more chances to be helper (for example)

Perhaps the solution would be add "Already punished" as many players have proposed.

SANTIEL_3

Apr 4, 2020
Hello

I think if you want to report, you are helping Cubecraft, and as they say "give, and don't expect anything in return"
but if in the future you want to be "HELPER" if you have reports, it's help too much

D

Deleted member 373055

Hi,

I think the real benefit of report is helping out the cubecraft community doesn't matter how many reports you've done or his quality just helping cubecraft and keep safe the network.

Though as more quality possible, you'll have more chances to be helper (for example)

Perhaps the solution would be add "Already punished" as many players have proposed.
I think staff members take a loot at all your reports and that it does not matter how many failed or succeeded. They will see it if you try to report people for the server, and they also say 'thank you'. The chances of becoming a helper will not increase by adding this feature, I suspect.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Hi,

I think staff members take a loot at all your reports and that it does not matter how many failed or succeeded. They will see it if you try to report people for the server, and they also say 'thank you'. The chances of becoming a helper will not increase by adding this feature, I suspect.
Of course it does matter how many failed or succeeded reports you have. ‘Hi I have 50 reports, 45 are failed but that doesn’t matter, now I can become a Helper’. Yeah right

D

Deleted member 469419

Of course it does matter how many failed or succeeded reports you have. ‘Hi I have 50 reports, 45 are failed but that doesn’t matter, now I can become a Helper’. Yeah right
Isn't that what I was referring :/

D

Deleted member 373055

You are not right as it is relative. If this would be implemented, other players would have a lot of succesful reports as well. The norm will just become higher then. With this implemented, Cubecraft will not add more helpers then they already wanted to.

It does not change anything in particular. It is only psychological for the reporter and I think that is useless.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
You are not right as it is relative. If this would be implemented, other players would have a lot of succesful reports as well. The norm will just become higher then. With this implemented, Cubecraft will not add more helpers then they already wanted to.

It does not change anything in particular. It is only psychological for the reporter and I think that is useless.
The partially-accepted reports would not count as accepted or denied really, since it would mostly be to not have this negative impact on people. So it would pretty much only be "neutral" and show that you were right but that someone else reported it before you or that the player has already been punished by Sentinel.

D

Deleted member 373055

There is a real benefit from ever having partially accepted reports, and it's the increase of a Hacker's punishment. With Sentinel, a cheater gets banned for 7 days first and for 30 days upon a second infraction. If reports were to be accepted partially it'd be possible to completely skip the first (7 day) punishment and go straight for a 30 day ban. Which I do think is deserved for anyone using illegal clients and is benefitial for the server since it gets rid of cheaters for a longer time and makes the punishment track quicker to arrive to a permanent punishment. Not to mention that video evidence is much more of a solid justification to deny appeals than Sentinel Logs, and with Sentinel Bans it may be frequent that players get unbanned while they had been rightfully punished in the first place.

I've never really agreed with the argument of this being added simply because it's upsetting to have a report denied when you were most certainly correct. And I'd honestly consider it a side effect, a side benefit. The real importance here is the punishment track and evidence.

In that case, your report should be succesfull. Different evidence of a different offense is another punishment, and so, your report should not be 'particially accepted.'

However, if reports now, that containts new evidence about a new offense, are not being handled because someone is already punished for another offense, I think there is a flaw in the way Cubecraft punish people, and in the way they accept reports. The hole idea was not to change the way of reporting. What you are saying now is different from the suggestion. People should already be banned for more weeks if there is more evidence apart from Sentinel. Chaning a color or text of 'denied' to 'partially accepted' will not change that. It should be fully accepted when you have new evidence apart from sentinel. By the way, why do people want it to be 'partially accepted' and not 'partially denied'? Well, because of the psychological effect, only that. I really think it is useless. Reporting is just made fun like a game, it is no game to report people. Players should understand that. This suggestion does not implement what you just said. That is a different problem and if that is not solved, this being implemented will not solve it as well.

However, what you suggested here is a nice add-on on the suggestion. If this would ALSO be implemented, it would be a good idea in my opinion, but it is not through that changing the partially denied reports to 'partially accepted' will not automatically implement this as well. But, if Cubecraft also changes the way they handle reports, which is a lot of work for Cube unfortunately, it would be very nice. But in that case, I think the 'partially accepted' could be a fully accepted when you brought more evidence than Sentinel or something like that. If that would be implemented as well together with this idea, however, I would vote yes. But adding a 'partially accepted'-tag does not mean that this would be implemented as well.

Reactions: YoungPablo

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
It is only psychological for the reporter and I think that is useless.
Well, because of the psychological effect, only that. I really think it is useless.

@Edwinus_B,
You stated twice that you think a report state of 'partially accepted' is useless.

Now consider naming this new report state to 'already punished', which would be almost the same.
In this case, it will still be psychological. The difference is that a reporter has better insight wether or not he makes good reports. This would only increase the number of reports by people who feel confident they make good reports, in my opinion. This would result in a positive feedback loop and more rule breakers would be punished.

This is primarily a difference in insight. When you, as a reporter, looks at the message of a report, it usually includes something along the lines of "already punished". Now this information would be visible in the overview. You can easily see this information for a lot of reports at once. Because helpers/mods already include the "already punished" message, there wouldn't be a huge difference at their side. No process has to change for this feature.

What are your thoughts on adding the 'already punished' report state?

D

Deleted member 373055

@Edwinus_B,
You stated twice that you think a report state of 'partially accepted' is useless.

Now consider naming this new report state to 'already punished', which would be almost the same.
In this case, it will still be psychological. The difference is that a reporter has better insight wether or not he makes good reports. This would only increase the number of reports by people who feel confident they make good reports, in my opinion. This would result in a positive feedback loop and more rule breakers would be punished.

This is primarily a difference in insight. When you, as a reporter, looks at the message of a report, it usually includes something along the lines of "already punished". Now this information would be visible in the overview. You can easily see this information for a lot of reports at once. Because helpers/mods already include the "already punished" message, there wouldn't be a huge difference at their side. No process has to change for this feature.

What are your thoughts on adding the 'already punished' report state?

It is not completely useless, but I still think it is. However, it is more easy for staff members to see how many reports were actually 'already punishes', but still, it will become relative when referring to the helper application. All players will have about the same results. Everyones reports will be updated, and thus, everyone gets more chance for helper, but Cubecraft will not accept more helpers, so it is not true that everyone will get a higher chance of becoming a helper. That does not change anything.

It is maybe easier for a staff member to check how many of your reports were denied because of someone already being punished, but that is only to check if you made a lot of fake reports or something like that. Well, I don't know really. It does not change much.

After all, your report actually is DENIED. Not like @Eli said. If your report is used to punish someone longer, your report will not be DENIED as it is not denied but actually used and thus accepted. Adding 'partially accepted' will not change that. If it actually is used to punish longer, it should be fully accepted. A 'partially' accepted does not exist. If a rulebreaker is already punished, your report is not accepted. In fact, 'partially denied' would be a better word or 'already punished'.

There is of course not a lot of difference in adding this or changing the word to 'accepted' or 'denied', and it is not very important, but it costs a lot of time to add such a feature I believe. There are more important issues on Cubecraft in my opinion, like focussing on updating Sentinel, the bot that still makes a lot of mistakes. That is much more important than such a small update to the reports site which even has downsides to it, in any case, no real upsides than psychological. It is really not that important. Please, developers, I suggest to update more important things than this. Really.

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
@Edwinus
I think it is both amusing and heartbreaking. You reply to my post, but the one part that is actually a reply on my post, is the first sentence.

If you look from the viewpoint of a staff member, nothing much will change. I agree with that. My point was that it could have a positive effect on reporters and the reports. I didn't mention any helper application. The changes you mention probably won't change to much in the helper department, but again, I didn't mention it.

Your third paragraph is you repeating yourself, you already explained this exact point. The situation @Eli described would help and 'partially accepted' or 'partially denied' wouldn't be used in that case. Eli's great suggestion is quite a different one than this thread is about. It is an exellent idea, but it would bring about huge changes.

However, my suggestion would be relatively easy to add, I think. That said, we are not in a position to tell the Cubecraft developers what they should do and when to do them. We can merely show them what our wishes are. Please let them decide for themselves wether or not they want to implement this. Let them decide wether it would take too much time for the benefit this brings.

If you would like to take an actual look at my proposal and reply on it, feel free. But please read it fully.

On another note, you again said this would only be psychological. What is wrong with that? They could have chosen to make an eighties website (example) with no layout whathsoever. Yet they still decided to make it look nice, use colors, use nice controls, use tables to display information, etcetra. This is all psychological too. My guess is that they did invest in a nice reporting environment to make people comfortable to actually report.

D

Deleted member 373055

@Liontack

Hello, it is indeed not a lot of work, but is is also not a big reward. And I actually did read your post. But after so many reactions and going to side-topics about it, I did not look again to it, and I still do not agree. But it is not a bad thread or something, I and thereby a lot of others really appreciate that you take the time to make suggestions. I make a lot of suggestions as well.

I think Eli suggested something very nice but voting yes for the reasons he told would not be a great thing, as staff members will probably questioning themselfs on how to implement this, and Eli's suggestion is something different than your suggestion. I think it would be better to do another suggestion about that or to tweak yours to make it clearer. Or change the poll for example.

With only psychological I meant the reward is not very high compared to the effort it would cost. By the way, what is wrong with http://milk.com/ you sent? It is very good. (Just kidding, but that site is like so simple. I think Cubecraft should look a bit user-friendly as well but adding the feature you suggested does not have a lot of impact on that. That is the point of it. It costs a bit of effort, not a lot, and you get a small reward of it. But, there are other important problems you probably noticed when you played on the server. There are still a lot of bugs for example, still a lot of discussion about adding or changing minigames, like implementing Hide and Seek in Minerware, or updating Sentinel, the bot that still makes a lot of mistakes and a few weeks ago did not work at all.

I think those things should have priority on that. But please, do not think I just disagree because of you, or that I did not read your thread. Players making suggestions deserve attention. And about the things that we should decide about developers, I think we are able to suggest what should have priority. That is after all why we make suggestions and polls. Developers are good at coding or other developing things, which does not mean that there are good and knowing what the players want to play and see. That is where our suggestions come in ;-)

Reactions: Liontack
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.