Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
A new snapshot was released earlier on that introduced tridents and their respective enchantments. Not only is the trident stronger than the diamond sword, but it's faster as well :eek: Finally, a new meta!

Context
Now, the enchantment Riptide, as well as its ability Slipstream Dash, can be used as the premise for some epic parkour maps. See, when you throw the trident whilst in water with Riptide, it pulls you in the direction of its trajectory. This means if you were to throw it directly upwards, you'd be launched fifty feet into the air. Slipstream Dash has a similar effect, but works in rain instead of water. However, even when in midair from your trident throw, you can equip a different trident, throw it, and launch yourself in a completely different direction. This allows for some very imprecise aerial navigation.

suggestion
The player should be given a bunch of tridents, each enchanted with Riptide. They should spawn on a platform above a huge chasm, which they must cross using the Riptide ability to throw themselves forward. Easier levels could feature single trident jumps, whereas harder ones could feature complex obstacles that must be worked around by throwing multiple tridents. Single jumps would therefore be a matter of trial and error, whereas multi-jump levels would be a matter of playing absolutely perfectly, given the very tight frame of time you have to throw your subsequent trident(s).

Here's an example of a course that I took the liberty of creating (without worldedit btw, that's when you know you're pro):
upload_2018-2-14_19-23-33.png

So the objective is to use the tridents' leaping abilities to go from the spawn point to the goal, touching nothing but the goal and without falling into the abyss below. You could easily leap straight over the top of those obstacles obviously, so just imagine that they're a thousand blocks high. I would've done this myself, but as I mentioned, I don't have worldedit.

Here is what a "hard mode" of the same course could look like, I suppose:
upload_2018-2-14_19-35-21.png

As you can see, there's a much greater distance between the start and the goal, and you've got to land on two precise platforms; the resting point and the goal. There is a big wall in the way, preventing you from just leaping straight from the start to the goal, making the map a sort of 'L' shape.

Here's what the inventory could look like.
upload_2018-2-14_19-43-48.png

You have seven tridents, a settings tab (redstone) and an "exit course" button (paper). Once a trident is thrown it will be lost; they do not have the Loyalty enchantment. This means you have only seven tridents to complete the course with. Resting points could provide more I suppose, but I'd only recommend that if you're making a twenty-jump-long course that demands utter perfection to complete. Alternatively, the tridents could have Loyalty, meaning you could hang around on the resting points until they all make their ways back to you.

My internet is complete trash, so it'll take me two hours to upload a video example of the trident in action. I'll continue to upload it in the meantime, and will add it to this thread once it's complete.

What are your thoughts on a trident-themed parkour category? I'd be happy to make the maps myself if such an idea is welcomed by staff :)

@Efcluke94 @Younisco @Tacosbefriends

EDIT:
Here's a garbage example of the tridents' abilities in action. The redstone platform could be a safespot to wait for your tridents to return to you (which they do on their own via the Loyalty enchantment), the gold platform is the start, and the diamond platform is the goal.

Last edited:

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Cool I like how they are coming out with these Roblox updates nowadays! Can't wait for tridents to be added in Roblox. Kind of ironic because Minecraft was going to introduce tridents too.

Last edited:

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I quite like the idea of a trident-themed parkour map, a new meta is always welcomed - however that's only assuming we update to the latest versions once they are out. Also, I'm finding it a little hard to vision what you're suggesting, could you try and record a video to see how it'll be like? :D

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I quite like the idea of a trident-themed parkour map, a new meta is always welcomed - however that's only assuming we update to the latest versions once they are out. Also, I'm finding it a little hard to vision what you're suggesting, could you try and record a video to see how it'll be like? :D
My internet is absolute garbage right now :( :( If anybody else can record an example, that'd be greatly appreciated! <3

F

Facelurite

What. I was asleep. Was this added in my sleep? Goodbye I’m going to test that outx Thanks! I didnt check reddit yet!

Reactions: Sophie

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Wait what is a Roblox thread doing on cubecraft? Why is everyone taking this serious?
Cool I like how they are coming out with these Roblox updates nowadays! Can't wait for tridents to be added in Roblox. Kind of ironic because Minecraft was going to introduce tridents too.

F

Facelurite

Lol effot is looking at this cant wait to see what he types

Edit xddddd typed this one second later than he. Got the reply i expected lol

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
What if I don't want to make a Roblox account? Because certainly grappling hooks aren't something that belong in vanilla Minecraft...
It's really fun tbh, already my favourite part of the update as I thought it would be. Think of the possibilities :o Will upload a video of it to this thread soonTM

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
It's really fun tbh, already my favourite part of the update as I thought it would be. Think of the possibilities :eek: Will upload a video of it to this thread soonTM
Can you link me the mod for trident jumping then? Or is it a plug in?

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
*Tags Luke* :facepalm:
So, this would be a game with tridents instead of grapplings hooks to blow yourself in the air? Sounds nice!
They should add this to the Arcade section because Arcade is pretty dead right now.

F

Facelurite

Please do not post pointless messagesZ

-locked.its called bumping gnius.
Its called bumping genius.

Last edited by a moderator:

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I see what you mean now. Would players be given a certain amount of tridents, or will rewards be based on how many tridents you use?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

ToonBer wrote on Capitan's profile.
1713269798868.png
ToonBer wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
hello there 🍰
GiGaGekkies wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday xx
Reesle wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
average roblox conversation
IMG_8762.jpeg
Top Bottom