• Neutral. Instead i'd like:

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Introduce your idea :
In most skill-based games, the biggest reward along with your accomplishment is the pride of your name being put somewhere on some leaderboard. However, this is missing in parkour, which is arguably one of the most skill-based games currently playable on the Cubecraft game list. The current parkour we're stuck with feels more like a single-player game, but it could be so much more.

Present your suggestion :
In order to make parkour more rewarding and more community-focussed rather than reward-focussed, I think it's smart to have some form of leaderboard for the top 10 quickest times per level or per map. What this will surely do is engage people more, and make grinding feel much more rewarding.

Optional questions :
- What is it?
A more direct leaderboard addition that fits right into a competitive and skill-based game.

- What does it do?
It tracks the top 10 quickest times (updating daily, maybe weekly/monthly) per parkour course.

- Why is it needed?
This is needed because it will engage the community, and make it feel less like an endless cookie clicker game.

- What problems does it fix?

Non-applicable.

- Why is that feature like that and not like this?
Because it's more logical than having a leaderboard that only tracks "golden medals won".
Additional information :
I can't decide whether this leaderboard should be viewable on site, in game, or both. This is where I'm going to let the community decide.

Thank you for reading my suggestion!

Reactions: Lime

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
Firstly, welcome to the forums!
I think this system would be a great way to show who is actually the fastest per level/map. I don’t think it’s that difficult to implement (I’m not a developer so correctly if I’m wrong) and it will indeed make grinding more rewarding. Changing the leaderboard might lead to more people playing Parkour. That’s what we want, right?
I personally think the leaderboard should be visible both in-game as on the website. The reason for that is because some people might not know that there is a website to view the leaderboard. Hence is why I think having it on both is easier for those who aren’t aware of that.
Good suggestion!

Reactions: Texbirds
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Behold my birthday meal

aa0fb30e-20ed-416e-b452-e4d70ce86ec2.jpeg
Thjis wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ❤️
Thjis wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Top Bottom