Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which of the following Parkour Suggestions do you prefer? (you may select several choices)

• Total voters

Facher

Novice Member
May 6, 2018
1. Add a seperate mode to Hard (and probably even Medium) Parkour, just like in Geometry Dash, everytime you die, a spawnpoint will be set automatically, so you can continue parkouring (this is different from the spectator mode, because now you can actually see what block made you getting teleported back, (Already made a thread about this, but didn't get much attention) I tried to explain it more clearly this time. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/checkpoint-mode-suggestion-parkour.207415/

2. Add invisible walls in front of the windows in House Medium Parkour, because due to even the slightest touch on the window, will result in getting teleported back.

3. Remove getting teleported back when you hit the Arrow Heads in the map Arcade, Competitive Parkour, this will make the last coin jump more possible

4. I stated two Teleport issues above, but it would be nice if you could do a quick recheck, because I think there are more issues.

5. Medal leaderboards: since there's a competitive leaderboard, why not a medal leaderboard?

6. Parkour Building Competitions: I heard something about competitions last week. Maybe there could be a Parkour Competition. Everyone submits their parkour and the one(s) the most beloved by the community and staff will (maybe) get implemented and a little reward.

7. Talking about building your own parkour, (Yes, I know there's freebuild) but maybe there could be a seperate section, where you could place blocks in midair, just like in Battle Zone. (not exactly, but I hope you understand me) This will make parkour building much easier, and I can't wait to see the Parkour maps built by the community!

8. Droppers. I know this already has been suggested, but I'm not only suggestion Droppers, but it would be nice if there was a bit more variation, like droppers, mazes, wipe-out et cetera

l-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

A lot of suggestions, I hope you like at least some of them!

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
1. Add a seperate mode to Hard (and probably even Medium) Parkour, just like in Geometry Dash, everytime you die, a spawnpoint will be set automatically, so you can continue parkouring (this is different from the spectator mode, because now you can actually see what block made you getting teleported back, (Already made a thread about this, but didn't get much attention) I tried to explain it more clearly this time. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/checkpoint-mode-suggestion-parkour.207415/
How exactly would the checkpoint mode work? Would it have separate achievements, it's own medals system, would the medals receive points etc?
5. Medal leaderboards: since there's a competitive leaderboard, why not a medal leaderboard?
i'd sooner have a time leaderboard for each individual level than a medal leaderboard
6. Parkour Building Competitions: I heard something about competitions last week. Maybe there could be a Parkour Competition. Everyone submits their parkour and the one(s) the most beloved by the community and staff will (maybe) get implemented and a little reward.
@Younisco
7. Talking about building your own parkour, (Yes, I know there's freebuild) but maybe there could be a seperate section, where you could place blocks in midair, just like in Battle Zone. (not exactly, but I hope you understand me) This will make parkour building much easier, and I can't wait to see the Parkour maps built by the community!
perhaps a new command could be implemented to creative, like /placeblock <block> which would place it on the block you are standing on, even if it is air.
8. Droppers. I know this already has been suggested, but I'm not only suggestion Droppers, but it would be nice if there was a bit more variation, like droppers, mazes, wipe-out et cetera
Upon asking Efcluke about this, he responded with:
"Doubt it, people learn the routes and they just become very boring. Rather have new and exciting parkour modes that nobody has done before."
What is wipe-out? And yes, all for dropper.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Just stand on the blocks which you're jumping on across most of the course. Touching any other blocks is done at your own risk, and adding yet another option seems overkill for a problem so simple.
2. Add invisible walls in front of the windows in House Medium Parkour, because due to even the slightest touch on the window, will result in getting teleported back.

3. Remove getting teleported back when you hit the Arrow Heads in the map Arcade, Competitive Parkour, this will make the last coin jump more possible
I can't really confirm this as I'm not sure about either of these, so no comment.

4. I stated two Teleport issues above, but it would be nice if you could do a quick recheck, because I think there are more issues.
Checking again isn't really all that effective most of the time. There will always be small improvements available, and they surely can't always see so.

Medals are very limited. At one point, everyone would have the same amount of medals. Aside from that, the current medal system seems pretty unstable, so that'd need a good look first.

Solid yes. I once heard that there used to be a lot of cool stuff back in the first release of parkour regarding building maps, so I wouldn't mind them doing such a thing again if it's true.

Seems pretty pointless to add a whole new concept for something that can be done in an existing system just to be able to place blocks in mid-air. Just do it in freebuild. It's not that difficult to place and break blocks in between jumps.

No comment, really. Droppers quickly get pretty boring in my opinion.

Reactions: Facher

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
They do make the courses different to every existing one, so it's not really the same experience over and over again for me. Droppers on the other hand, are as simple as making a jump and aiming where you land. Nothing really interesting about it to me.
parkour is making a jump and aiming where you land as well

Facher

Novice Member
May 6, 2018
They do make the courses different to every existing one, so it's not really the same experience over and over again for me. Droppers on the other hand, are as simple as making a jump and aiming where you land. Nothing really interesting about it to me.
You can ofcourse dislike Droppers, but I also mentioned more variation, not only droppers.

How exactly would the checkpoint mode work? Would it have separate achievements, it's own medals system, would the medals receive points etc?
No seperate achievements (although that could be a idea) but just a more advanced version of Spectator Mode, where you can actually see what mistake made you getting teleported back to the beginning.

perhaps a new command could be implemented to creative, like /placeblock <block> which would place it on the block you are standing on, even if it is air.
Great idea!

Checking again isn't really all that effective most of the time. There will always be small improvements available, and they surely can't always see so.
Not my best suggestion, but they could at least take improvements on Parkour a bit more serious than they do now.

Just stand on the blocks which you're jumping on across most of the course. Touching any other blocks is done at your own risk, and adding yet another option seems overkill for a problem so simple.

It's not a problem so simple, I can mention several maps with teleport issues, even shifting on the edge will cause this problem, not to mention direction marks, slime blocks, etc.

What is wipe-out?
It's based on a television show. People must ''survive'' a parkour with moving objects above the water. You can simply just remove the water, because it's annoying or replace it with blue glass. The moving objects can be created with redstone.

Medals are very limited. At one point, everyone would have the same amount of medals. Aside from that, the current medal system seems pretty unstable, so that'd need a good look first.
It recently got fixed. No one would have the same amount of medals, because you almost can't even beat hard parkour in general, not even mentioning getting medals.

Solid yes. I once heard that there used to be a lot of cool stuff back in the first release of parkour regarding building maps, so I wouldn't mind them doing such a thing again if it's true.
Thank you!

Seems pretty pointless to add a whole new concept for something that can be done in an existing system just to be able to place blocks in mid-air. Just do it in freebuild. It's not that difficult to place and break blocks in between jumps.
Yeah, @Commissioned already reminded me of that, you're still right though.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hi! I would like to commend you for going into detail for these suggestions, awesome work! :]

While this idea seems good in essence, I think I would rather people learn from their mistakes in all points in the map and perfect the course before moving onto the next, hence the addition of spectator mode so you can practice as much as you can.

Which house maps? If you can, PM me the position (F3 coordinates) and the level number and I'll see what can be done about it.

I'll see what can be done about this too.

Problem with medal leaderboards is that it'll be capped, and will not facilitate well due to it. While it may be a good idea, if there are more than 5 people on the leaderboard with all the medals unlocked, the only time where it'll be changed is when we do map updates.

I love this idea! :]

This is more of a Freebuild suggestion, but I like this idea:

We recently added a maze set of maps in Easy parkour - Droppers are nice but I'd find them a bit boring and monotonous if I have to do them over and over again. As Commissioned said, I'd rather there be time put into new maps or innovate new levels which appeals more people rather than dropper maps which we've seen too much over the years.

so does doing the same parkour over and over again?
Arguably, doing the same parkour isn't exactly boring and repetitive, as if you miss a jump, you're looking to perfect your technique on it. With droppers, you're more looking at trajectory of your falls and where to fall, which is ultimately done by attempting over and over again, which makes it boring and rage-inducing.

Thanks for suggesting, @Facher , keep it up! :D

Reactions: Facher

Facher

Novice Member
May 6, 2018
Hi! I would like to commend you for going into detail for these suggestions, awesome work! :]

While this idea seems good in essence, I think I would rather people learn from their mistakes in all points in the map and perfect the course before moving onto the next, hence the addition of spectator mode so you can practice as much as you can.

Which house maps? If you can, PM me the position (F3 coordinates) and the level number and I'll see what can be done about it.

I'll see what can be done about this too.

Problem with medal leaderboards is that it'll be capped, and will not facilitate well due to it. While it may be a good idea, if there are more than 5 people on the leaderboard with all the medals unlocked, the only time where it'll be changed is when we do map updates.

I love this idea! :]

This is more of a Freebuild suggestion, but I like this idea:

We recently added a maze set of maps in Easy parkour - Droppers are nice but I'd find them a bit boring and monotonous if I have to do them over and over again. As Commissioned said, I'd rather there be time put into new maps or innovate new levels which appeals more people rather than dropper maps which we've seen too much over the years.

Arguably, doing the same parkour isn't exactly boring and repetitive, as if you miss a jump, you're looking to perfect your technique on it. With droppers, you're more looking at trajectory of your falls and where to fall, which is ultimately done by attempting over and over again, which makes it boring and rage-inducing.

Thanks for suggesting, @Facher , keep it up! :D
Thank you so much for your feedback, :D when I have time I'll PM you about the coordinates. I basically agree with you about all the things you mentioned, but I still have to say something about medal leaderboards, I don't think there will be any people with all of them, since even clearing the hard Parkour is already almost impossible. Also maybe it could be based on gold, silver and bronze. There might be many people with a great amount of medals, but definitely not all of them. However, if it can't be coded, then this simple won't work.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Livvv wrote on Vunks's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ^-^
UncleSpect wrote on Kazwa's profile.
amazing banner kasper! like u :D
HyperPal wrote on Elenahh's profile.
best team leader in history I swear on god respect
Top Bottom