Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Hey CubeCrafters,

This thread is pretty simple, I was taking a look at my account and I noticed that there wasn't an option to select 'Other' as a gender but rather just 'No selection' instead. I feel like someone who doesn't indentify as male or female should be able to have this option instead of having nothing displayed on their profile at all.

BEAD6570-B2F1-47AA-9130-D973BF7741C0.jpeg

Let me know what you think,

- Meiske

Last edited:

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Yeah people will just use it to be rude you should say in the about if you are gender neutral

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
But it would be cool and I think people would know if u are being rude so ima go for a yes

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
More people use it to say silly stuff than there are who use the "other" option for it's intended purpose. You can always fit these details into your signature or just somewhere in your profile. I don't think it's really necessary to formalise.
It is necessary, if you put yourself in their shoes it's literally like saying: There's only male as an option and you're a female so like it's not necessary because you can always put it in your signature.

You're excluding people like this and it is not fair.

Reactions: Conea64 and Keanu

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
It is necessary, if you put yourself in their shoes it's literally like saying: There's only male as an option and you're a female so like it's not necessary because you can always put it in your signature.

You're excluding people like this and it is not fair.
That’s true I never thought about that

Reactions: Meiske

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
More people use it to say silly stuff than there are who use the "other" option for it's intended purpose. You can always fit these details into your signature or just somewhere in your profile. I don't think it's really necessary to formalise.
But half the moderator have something stupid instead of their mod tag like foxerator or duckerator or spoonerator.
I dont think that’s a great reason you’re giving.

Reactions: Meiske and wxzzrd

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
But half the moderator have something stupid instead of their mod tag like foxerator or duckerator or spoonerator.
I dont think that’s a great reason you’re giving.
I'm pretty sure they have to request to have those names and can't change them themselves, along with them also being trusted members of the community. It's not really the same thing as anyone can set their gender to "Haha I'm an attack helicopter" like many, many people do. A lot of that stuff is just irritating to the people who want to use it legitimately. So your choices: Moderate it or have a lot of helicopters flying around.

Reactions: Ziu.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I'm pretty sure they have to request to have those names and can't change them themselves, along with them also being trusted members of the community. It's not really the same thing as anyone can set their gender to "Haha I'm an attack helicopter" like many, many people do. A lot of that stuff is just irritating to the people who want to use it legitimately. So your choices: Moderate it or have a lot of helicopters flying around.
Or just have these options/

Rather not Say, non-binary, other

Still, idek why our gender is even asked on a blockgame forum.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
There's always going to be people that make jokes about something, that shouldn't stop this from being implemented.

Reactions: Texbirds

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
This option doesn't actually have to be customisable y'know. They could easily just leave it as a set number of options like "Male/Female/Non-binary/Prefer not to say". Even if it was customisable, the people making those kinds of jokes don't deserve to on the forums anyway and should be punished.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I wouldn't like to see it, because I know, that people will always find a way to get around it and do absurd stuff with it.
I don't wanna offend the ones who don't really know their gender, but this isn't needed, as you can always choose to not include your gender on the forums.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I think this is a good idea. There are people who don't identify as "male" or "female" and we shouldn't forget about them. Adding an option to select "other" could make them feel more accepted and I think this is something Cubecraft wants to make sure.
Of course people will select it if they don't identify as it but that's not a big deal at all as long as you keep it just "other" instead of a fill in option.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I think this is a good idea. There are people who don't identify as "male" or "female" and we shouldn't forget about them. Adding an option to select "other" could make them feel more accepted and I think this is something Cubecraft wants to make sure.
Of course people will select it if they don't identify as it but that's not a big deal at all as long as you keep it just "other" instead of a fill in option.
I think 'Other' shouldn't replace 'No selection' but it should just be added as another option as well.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I agree with this, being able to tell people that you have a gender that isn’t just male or female would make a lot of people happy. Even if you couldn’t specify this would help some. In my opinion this doesn’t create a new problem because people can put something inappropriate as their location too. +1

Reactions: Meiske
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom