Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
Let's go back to 2016 real quick. You get into a game, odds are, you will usually be playing normal normal, and occasionally op normal. Both are fun, so you don't mind either. You actually enjoy yourself while playing the game. There is very little toxicity, and everyone is just playing for their own entertainment. You can easily play for hours with minimal frustration. The server is thriving: few hackers, an average of around 15-25k players online at any given moment. Ranks are being bought frequently; this is is probably one of the most successful servers at the moment. Speed EggWars comes around, another fun mode, featuring quicker games, and different strategies.

Now we are in 2020. You get into a game, odds are, you will usually be playing "op half!", and occasionally "op half!". This mode is bad, so you do mind when it is voted in. You actually hate yourself while playing the game. There is way too much toxicity, and everyone is just playing for their own stats. You can easily play for minutes with maximum frustration. The server is falling: many hackers, an average of around 1-3k players online at any given moment. Ranks are not being bought frequently; this is is probably one of the most dying servers at the moment. Speed EggWars is now gone.

A new group of people has just recently started playing on this server. The "E-boys and E-girls", using edgy skins have been a trend as of recently.

Most look like this or something like it:
upload_2020-3-31_11-28-53.png

Others look.... well, interesting:

upload_2020-3-31_11-13-14.png

Here is a picture of the average sight you will see while holding in TAB:

upload_2020-3-31_11-31-14.png

These "new people" enjoy doing things like voting for overpowered items and half health, bragging about their stats, having bad internet, using pvp clients, being toxic every game they play, and putting letters in their name that would be worth high points in Scrabble. I can imagine some these players pumping energy drinks into their veins, shaking as they try to speed bridge to mid, inevitably falling off and typing /hub at a pace of about 500 wpm.

And as to op half, why do I hate this mode? Well, first of all, 5 hearts is just too little, and it just sucks the fun out of the game. A game on op half usually consists of a full "eboy" team rushing you, and, if they fail(as they usually will), they leave immediately. These half health games require about three hits per kill, obviously making the game quicker, but also nullifies the fun of pvp. Surviving in op half requires swinging your sword, eating a gapple, and repeating until one player runs out of gapples or eats at the wrong time. It's just a lame way of playing and your average "good player", a.k.a. someone who is scared of a long game or losing, would completely disagree.

This concludes my post. I anticipate hate in the comments, for I know it will happen. I mean it is "eboys" I'm talking about!

Virolaso

Mar 29, 2020
Peru Lima La Molina
www.youtube.com
Over the course of this server, many of the players learned how to play, so to speak, so much so that they even bought their rank. It is true and I know it is somewhat annoying, because the majority vote like this to get fast games and have more victories.
In my case, I also went through times where I was easily removed from the game ... I learned how to play and wanted something else ... So I bought the range. Now that I had the rank I could vote, but I found other players who also knew how to play, so I decided to make friends with them and incorporate more people. Today we only go to games and win easily. I know it is annoying perhaps for those trying to enjoy their game.
I have no idea how to stop this, but hey.
In your case, in version 1.9 I also know how that is, but I've only seen that they get toxic when they really find someone annoying that prevents their easy victory.
:oops:

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
Over the course of this server, many of the players learned how to play, so to speak, so much so that they even bought their rank. It is true and I know it is somewhat annoying, because the majority vote like this to get fast games and have more victories.
In my case, I also went through times where I was easily removed from the game ... I learned how to play and wanted something else ... So I bought the range. Now that I had the rank I could vote, but I found other players who also knew how to play, so I decided to make friends with them and incorporate more people. Today we only go to games and win easily. I know it is annoying perhaps for those trying to enjoy their game.
I have no idea how to stop this, but hey.
In your case, in version 1.9 I also know how that is, but I've only seen that they get toxic when they really find someone annoying that prevents their easy victory.
:oops:
yeah. my friends and I play a lot. we usually win, but I'd say not all, but most of the players who use these skins are just exceptionally more frustrating than others

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Op half voting has been around for much longer than just 2020. I actually see fewer op half games in 2020 than I did in 2016-2018 where every rank I saw was voting for half health. I just bring this up to say this is nothing new that happened in 2020. It has been around for years.

I enjoy op half since the length of fights are comparable to those in normal normal or even longer. With op normal, most fights come down to who has more sets of armor and people are able to gapple chug much easier. The games and fights go on needlessly longer. You mention that "Surviving in op half requires swinging your sword, eating a gapple, and repeating until one player runs out of gapples or eats at the wrong time" but that is also true of any health mode, especially op normal.

Normal normal is fine, though I don't like the price of steak. Maybe if the price of steak was decreased in other modes, I would vote for those more often.
I also like voting hardcore every once and awhile because that usually results in some really interesting and chaotic games.

Reactions: S4nne

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
Op half voting has been around for much longer than just 2020. I actually see fewer op half games in 2020 than I did in 2016-2018 where every rank I saw was voting for half health. I just bring this up to say this is nothing new that happened in 2020. It has been around for years.

I enjoy op half since the length of fights are comparable to those in normal normal or even longer. With op normal, most fights come down to who has more sets of armor and people are able to gapple chug much easier. The games and fights go on needlessly longer. You mention that "Surviving in op half requires swinging your sword, eating a gapple, and repeating until one player runs out of gapples or eats at the wrong time" but that is also true of any health mode, especially op normal.

Normal normal is fine, though I don't like the price of steak. Maybe if the price of steak was decreased in other modes, I would vote for those more often.
I also like voting hardcore every once and awhile because that usually results in some really interesting and chaotic games.
well it seems you've had a better experience in this game mode than I have.

DevAwsome1

Novice Member
Mar 19, 2020
Site:15
I feel you man. My cousin has an "E-Boy" skin and he bought a rank and always does OP mode and types in chat just to get targeted. He's good but at the same time, if I wans't there he would lose a lot because I average an egg destroying ration of about 2 egg a games. (2 minimum) Like my guy im sick of seeing these kids with these edgy skins its so annoying. :mad: Also I have seen tons of inapproptriate skins, like some chick has a naked skin. Im in schock because while I saw this my INNOCENT skin was blocked.
upload_2020-3-31_14-54-29.jpeg
<------------- My skin

Reactions: Popcornman467

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Aren't you that player that plays in a party of 5 and camps a base all game until you all get full diamond? Perhaps this may be the reason why people seem to vote for OP half against you, just a theory

Reactions: SenatorKarma

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
Aren't you that player that plays in a party of 5 and camps a base all game until you all get full diamond? Perhaps this may be the reason why people seem to vote for OP half against you, just a theory
nah it’s usually a party of 4 and also no. we rarely drag out games- only if it’s necessary to, and i don’t recall ever playing with you.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
The server is thriving actually. Right now we have 3k players on the server which is much better than what it used to be, At least before Skyblock came to the server. Cubecraft is in the process of reinventing itself so it's not like no one cares around here.

As for OP Eggwars, I'm not sure what you want to be done here. Ranked players are entitled to their votes. It's what they paid for in their ranks, so obviously we can't remove them. That would be unethical. As long as the number of Ranked players who wants OP Half outweighs the Ranked players that doesn't, It's going to be OP Half. Instead of hating this game mode embrace it, as complaining about it won't change a thing. As long as ranked players keep voting for OP Half it will always be OP Half and there's nothing you can do about it. I actually made a guide on this so you can become better accustomed with it. I suggest you check it out. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-guide-op-mode.226500/

Reactions: Fqnta

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
The server is thriving actually. Right now we have 3k players on the server which is much better than what it used to be, At least before Skyblock came to the server. Cubecraft is in the process of reinventing itself so it's not like no one cares around here.

As for OP Eggwars, I'm not sure what you want to be done here. Ranked players are entitled to their votes. It's what they paid for in their ranks, so obviously we can't remove them. That would be unethical. As long as the number of Ranked players who wants OP Half outweighs the Ranked players that doesn't, It's going to be OP Half. Instead of hating this game mode embrace it, as complaining about it won't change a thing. As long as ranked players keep voting for OP Half it will always be OP Half and there's nothing you can do about it. I actually made a guide on this so you can become better accustomed with it. I suggest you check it out. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-guide-op-mode.226500/
i understand nothing can be done about the mode. the group i play with doesn’t have trouble winning in the mode, we just feel like it sucks the fun out of EggWars. sure, you may disagree but i was just saying here how i feel about the mode as a whole and about some of the player base nowadays. this was not supposed to be a suggestion, more of just i wanted to see how other people felt about this and if anyone else out there feels the same way i do.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
i understand nothing can be done about the mode. the group i play with doesn’t have trouble winning in the mode, we just feel like it sucks the fun out of EggWars. sure, you may disagree but i was just saying here how i feel about the mode as a whole and about some of the player base nowadays. this was not supposed to be a suggestion, more of just i wanted to see how other people felt about this and if anyone else out there feels the same way i do.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I completely feel you. I don't like every single eggwars game being OP half either, but that's just something i accepted. My one vote doesn't matter against multiple ranks that all want the same thing. We can't do anything about it so i just put up with it. If you can't beat them join them.

Reactions: Fqnta

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I mostly vote for Overpowerd and Half Heatlh because I prefer quick games, nowadays people prefer to rush like I do. I don't really like playing a lot of long games. In normal mode the games take a lot longer in my opinion, but there are some maps where rushing isn't quite easy like 'Under da Sea', people prefer to camp in this map. Also not every game is Op/half health, most are but some rankers prefer normal too. You can't really change how people prefer to play.

Reactions: TheZigbot9000

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't like the phrasing is this quite interesting phenomenal but you're right. The player who vote and plays that way (me included from time to time) do so because they want experience, and they want it fast. Playing in OP half will get them there quickly.
These half health games require about three hits per kill, obviously making the game quicker, but also nullifies the fun of pvp. Surviving in op half requires swinging your sword, eating a gapple, and repeating until one player runs out of gapples or eats at the wrong time. !
I don't completely agree with you on this one. Yes with half hearth you die quicker but it also brings a new kind of gameplay to the game, bridge fights. In OP half we have a lot more bridge fights. And I don't think that anyone will disagree with that punching a full iron dude in the void just feels awesome.

This all being said, I do like a fun game of normal normal Eggwars. It's just relaxing and fun.

P.S. I have a 'normal' skin, a Viking from 2017!
~ Fesa

Fqnta

Apr 2, 2020
Somewhere

This is the perfect reaction and tip, thanks

Reactions: Popcornman467

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
I don't like the phrasing is this quite interesting phenomenal but you're right. The player who vote and plays that way (me included from time to time) do so because they want experience, and they want it fast. Playing in OP half will get them there quickly.

I don't completely agree with you on this one. Yes with half hearth you die quicker but it also brings a new kind of gameplay to the game, bridge fights. In OP half we have a lot more bridge fights. And I don't think that anyone will disagree with that punching a full iron dude in the void just feels awesome.

This all being said, I do like a fun game of normal normal Eggwars. It's just relaxing and fun.

P.S. I have a 'normal' skin, a Viking from 2017!
~ Fesa
you had me at bridge fights

Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
UncleSpect wrote on MarkDeEngeMan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow mark! 🎈
anyone with admin/server mod skills and experience inncreating a discord server hmu it's for a project related to fhg (hope this isn't advertising bc it's gonna be cubecraft related either way)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Eli's profile.
Heya cool person how are you today?:D
Kazwa wrote on Dreamer's profile.
thanks for the follow Dreamer! ^-^
images (1).jpg
Top Bottom