• No (Explain why)

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
So, I've noticed that in the newest game, Bingo, the world small world is actually shared by all 8 players in the game. This can lead to players not having a fair chance of getting stuff that they need. Especially since the world is so small.
What exactly is the problem?
The problem with this is that all the cards are the same, meaning everyone may be looking for the same things. This means that certain items a player needs may not be possible to get as multiple others are likely to collect the item too.
This, from what I can see can lead to some problems. Especially since you can't see other players, this makes it all the more difficult.

Solution
I'd say there is only one way to fix this and that's to have different worlds or at least different sections that only one player can use. So, section it off and have 1 player per 8 sections. This should fix the problem and give all players a much more fair chance at the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lezappen

MikeThePenguin

Jan 15, 2015
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
So make every section the same. Would likely be easier?
That would be an option, yes. But I think this would make the worlds too big as well. Suggest that each world is 20 chunks x 20 chunks. That is 16 x 16 x 20 x 20 = 102400 blocks squared. Multiply this by 8, and it would cause too much for the server to handle. I'm not sure, since I don't know what the specifications of the servers are.
But I do agree this is an option yes!

Reactions: DragonLord

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
That would be an option, yes. But I think this would make the worlds too big as well. Suggest that each world is 20 chunks x 20 chunks. That is 16 x 16 x 20 x 20 = 102400 blocks squared. Multiply this by 8, and it would cause too much for the server to handle.
There is always the option to make the world smaller?

MJ010101

Dec 17, 2017
Fjollträsk
Part of the fun is to "steal" from other players if you ask me, but I'd be okay with your solution too. Regardless, there'll always be a possible way to win, it may be a harder way yes, but it's never impossible.

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Part of the fun is to "steal" from other players if you ask me, but I'd be okay with your solution too. Regardless, there'll always be a possible way to win, it may be a harder way yes, but it's never impossible.
Never impossible to win, as you get so many options but it's a lot harder and can seriously decrease your chances of winning. Maybe 2 people in a section would be better? Would keep the competition aspect but would make it a lot more fun, knowing that there is only one other person. Would also narrow down the space that would have to be used for 8 different sections to 4.

Reactions: MJ010101

Jorn_N

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
So, I've noticed that in the newest game, Bingo, the world small world is actually shared by all 8 players in the game. This can lead to players not having a fair chance of getting stuff that they need. Especially since the world is so small.
The problem with this is that all the cards are the same, meaning everyone may be looking for the same things. This means that certain items a player needs may not be possible to get as multiple others are likely to collect the item too.
This, from what I can see can lead to some problems. Especially since you can't see other players, this makes it all the more difficult.

Solution
I'd say there is only one way to fix this and that's to have different worlds or at least different sections that only one player can use. So, section it off and have 1 player per 8 sections. This should fix the problem and give all players a much more fair chance at the game.

its just the fun that everyone' s card is the same!

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
its just the fun that everyone' s card is the same!
It's fun that everyone has the same card and adds the whole competition feeling but 8 players are all looking for roughly the same things (whatever is easier to get). 2 players per section would be a lot better and keeps the competition, just making it slightly easier.

Maybe a voting option to have 8 players in one section or 1-2 per section would be a good idea?

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Solution

I can see the way that this would be an issue. Players who find something first would get an advantage as another player might stumble apon the spot where the item was.
If ou don’t understand what i am saying, I agree.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
I'm curious if you have any specific examples you are thinking are problematic. While one player may get an early item, others may get a different item earlier instead. Which item is it you are thinking of where only 1 person in a game could get it?

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I'm curious if you have any specific examples you are thinking are problematic. While one player may get an early item, others may get a different item earlier instead. Which item is it you are thinking of where only 1 person in a game could get it?
Gold and redstone.
It is often that it is the first person to find gold that wins

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Although the game is heavily based on luck, which I absolutely despise, it kind of belongs in the gamemode. Real life bingo is based on luck as well I guess. Even if they gave everyone their own world they would either have to make the worlds really big, create custom worlds so everyone has the same chances, but after a couple of games everyone will know where what is or you will encounter the same problem with others getting more lucky.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
With items like gold and Redstone there is at least an element of strategy to it. You either branch mine for it or you go cave mining. If the map had a limited resource that was needed for a board then I could see your point, I don't believe this is the case though. Ultimately, you have to look at your board and decide, based on your surroundings, which line is the easiest for you to complete.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
i have a problem in vingo the biome of swamp dont exist and you cant found lilipads
We have a section were you can post feedback like this, the bug report section isn't only for bugs but little problems related to the maps such as problems like the inability to get lily pads here ;)
bugs.cubecraft.net

Reactions: Gonal
Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
Personally, I am not a fan of this, different worlds can present a problem in many ways. One main one management will point out is luck or fairness. Someone may get very lucky and spawn right next to everything they need whereas another player may not. I think that Bingo will always be a luck based strategy game as it is in real life. I feel that if anything there should be larger and more varied cave systems. This may solve this issue as I have found that because there are so many biomes there may be a lack of caves. I feel they need to switch up cave gen a little so finding ores can be easier.

In my opinion, this would be an easier and effective way of adding game balance and efficiency to the game keeping players enthused and compelled to play. Instead of players being annoyed that the game is MORE luck based. Which in my opinion will be very difficult during this games development.

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Personally, I am not a fan of this, different worlds can present a problem in many ways. One main one management will point out is luck or fairness. Someone may get very lucky and spawn right next to everything they need whereas another player may not. I think that Bingo will always be a luck based strategy game as it is in real life. I feel that if anything there should be larger and more varied cave systems. This may solve this issue as I have found that because there are so many biomes there may be a lack of caves. I feel they need to switch up cave gen a little so finding ores can be easier.

In my opinion, this would be an easier and effective way of adding game balance and efficiency to the game keeping players enthused and compelled to play. Instead of players being annoyed that the game is MORE luck based. Which in my opinion will be very difficult during this games development.
All the sections would be the same, just a bit fairer for everyone, gives everyone a better chance as it lowers the chance of winning. In real life Bingo, multiple people can get the same number, so having multiple sections gives people a better and much fairer chance.

Gonal

Novice Member
Feb 9, 2017
Spain
I honestly have many games played, and I've never had any problems finding objects. In addition, they have put the same objects repeatedly in different points of the map, which facilitates the obtaining of those materials.
It is a big enough map for the players to be quite separated. It may happen that at some time 2 players are in the same place, but this is not usually the case. In my opinion, that's fine. But it's never wrong to leave your suggestions. ;)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom