Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

de_avesta

Jul 12, 2015
Good afternoon folks, De_avesta here. aka EggWarsShops

I just finished a game of under the sea where myself and a teammate had a disagreement on what is and is not considered camping and as such bannable. I'm afraid that what is and isin't camping is not clearly defined, as such I would like to take some time to look into the subject. If there are any mods who see this post please comment the actual rules in a more spicific manner, below is just how I have come to interpret the rule in my 4 or so years of eggwars.

Camping as copied from the official rules in all its vagueness
"1.6 - Camping
Camping is defined as intentionally avoiding playing the game as intended by making it impossible or near impossible to access you. Camping is strictly prohibited.
Camping can take the form of skybasing, building a floating base far from the normal play area, surrounding yourself with hazards like lava, or otherwise making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to create a stalemate.
Shop camping in assassins is not punishable, however it is discouraged as it can cause frustrations among the players.
Camping in Eggwars does not apply to players farming generators for resources or to players defending their egg.

Punishment track: Warning → 1 day ban → 7 day ban → 30 day ban → Permanent ban"

Now I feel that line before the punishment track clearly makes the disagreement depicted below not camping but moving on to general interpretation.
If your Still getting items from generators or you still have an egg and your are on your island, then any defensive maneuver or structure is warranted and not considered camping. What is camping if if your defensive position has no stratigic importance and your there of your own choice for an extended period of time.

For example. hiding under your map for 2 minutes after your egg has been destroyed waiting for enemy's to leave is not camping because its not an extended period of time and you are not there of your own choice, the enemy's presence made hiding for a short time the best move. Hiding in a hard to access point (such as under your island or in a skybase) when you dont have an egg even when you have safe opportunities to leave would be camping because being there serves you no stratigic importance (no egg no generators no reason to stay)

As I said, I'd love to hear what you all have to say on the subject.
Thanks, De_avesta

upload_2020-1-15_12-43-34.png

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Well, staying on your island can be seen as camping but I'm pretty sure that you won't get banned for that since it's not impossible for the enemies to get to you since they can build a bridge to your island and fight with you, or use an enderpearl to get to your island.

I also think that the rule is pretty clear, they described when something is considered camping and when not:
Camping is defined as intentionally avoiding playing the game as intended by making it impossible or near impossible to access you. Camping is strictly prohibited.
Camping can take the form of skybasing, building a floating base far from the normal play area, surrounding yourself with hazards like lava, or otherwise making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to create a stalemate.
Shop camping in assassins is not punishable, however it is discouraged as it can cause frustrations among the players.
Camping in Eggwars does not apply to players farming generators for resources or to players defending their egg.
I also think that the rule is pretty clear, they described when something is considered camping and when not.

For example. hiding under your map for 2 minutes after your egg has been destroyed waiting for enemy's to leave is not camping because its not an extended period of time and you are not there of your own choice, the enemy's presence made hiding for a short time the best move. Hiding in a hard to access point (such as under your island or in a skybase) when you dont have an egg even when you have safe opportunities to leave would be camping because being there serves you no stratigic importance (no egg no generators no reason to stay)
Hiding under the map is (if I'm right) bannable because it is almost impossible for enemies to get there. There actually is a reason to stay there for players, when an enemy tries to get to you, they can easily fall off while they are trying to build under the map (building down without having blocks underneath your is pretty difficult).

I hope that this reply did help you! ;p

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I think the rules are actually quite clear? Just staying on your island is obviously not camping because farming your isle-generators to outgear your opponents is a widely known and used strategy.
As you yourself pointed out, the rules state: "A player is camping if he is stagnating the game by making it impossible or near impossible to access them"
This means that staying on your island is fine, and removing a bridge is too, but constantly bowing your opponents off when they try to bridge to you, and blowing up their attempted bridge each time they get close or leave is obviously camping. (An exeption there is to be made when this happens early-game, which is rare).

Hiding under your island can be considered camping, mainly if you delete the bridge behind you when no one was following you down, since that indicates you're clearly not planning on leaving anytime soon.

You're even explaining it quite well yourself lol, the rules might be a little vague indeed, but the slightest of logical deduction in my eyes, make the intended rules and boundaries very clear.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
For example. hiding under your map for 2 minutes after your egg has been destroyed waiting for enemy's to leave is not camping because its not an extended period of time and you are not there of your own choice, the enemy's presence made hiding for a short time the best move.
If you’re not avoiding to play the game, it’s fine. Though it can be considered as camping if you go down really low. I suggest to hide on your island instead.

Hiding under the map is (if I'm right) bannable because it is almost impossible for enemies to get there. There actually is a reason to stay there for players, when an enemy tries to get to you, they can easily fall off while they are trying to build under the map (building down without having blocks underneath your is pretty difficult).
I’ve seen many people camp down there. It’s fairly easy to get down there and hard for your opponents to access you especially if you have a bow. When I didn’t know how to rush, I jumped down there to build a sneaky bridge to the other team and then take their egg. Same on other maps. (Inspiration from a Swedish YouTuber)
upload_2020-1-16_7-44-51.jpeg

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
If you’re not avoiding to play the game, it’s fine. Though it can be considered as camping if you go down really low. I suggest to hide on your island instead.

I’ve seen many people camp down there. It’s fairly easy to get down there and hard for your opponents to access you especially if you have a bow. When I didn’t know how to rush, I jumped down there to build a sneaky bridge to the other team and then take their egg. Same on other maps. (Inspiration from a Swedish YouTuber) View attachment 158791
Yeah, I know that there are ways to get there, but it was more about the part that camping under the map is bannable. ;p

Reactions: Fisktratt

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Good afternoon folks, De_avesta here. aka EggWarsShops

I just finished a game of under the sea where myself and a teammate had a disagreement on what is and is not considered camping and as such bannable. I'm afraid that what is and isin't camping is not clearly defined, as such I would like to take some time to look into the subject. If there are any mods who see this post please comment the actual rules in a more spicific manner, below is just how I have come to interpret the rule in my 4 or so years of eggwars.

Camping as copied from the official rules in all its vagueness
"1.6 - Camping

Punishment track: Warning → 1 day ban → 7 day ban → 30 day ban → Permanent ban"

Now I feel that line before the punishment track clearly makes the disagreement depicted below not camping but moving on to general interpretation.
If your Still getting items from generators or you still have an egg and your are on your island, then any defensive maneuver or structure is warranted and not considered camping. What is camping if if your defensive position has no stratigic importance and your there of your own choice for an extended period of time.

As I said, I'd love to hear what you all have to say on the subject.
Thanks, De_avesta

View attachment 158789
The only thing I see wrong in this rule is “Shop camping in assassins is not punishable, however it is discouraged as it can cause frustrations among the players.” what’s the point of “discouraging” something in the rules if there are no consequences for it, if it’s allowed then there’s no point on mentioning. And it sounds kind of unprofessional to say they discourage it because it causes frustration.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday xx
Reesle wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
average roblox conversation
IMG_8762.jpeg
Nightmare wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
thanks for the follow!
Top Bottom