Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should CubeCraft add obtainable ranks?

• Total voters

Irusu

Mar 23, 2021
What's up! I've recently started playing CubeCraft and noticed that there is no obtainable ranks across all minigames.
I guess the reason is so more people actually purchase the ranks, but obtainable ranks will not hurt the business and will also make it more fun and competitive.

My experience
I love to play SkyWars but right now it is getting quite boring, nothing to obtain, nothing to work for.
There is also a levelling system that has no use.

I've also added a poll to this thread if you are interested in voting and please give your thoughts down below!
I will make these examples for SkyWars but this can always be branched out to other minigames on the network.

I'm not sure what the purchasable ranks currently offer, if obtainable ranks clash with purchasable ranks we can change the names or what they offer completely. As I said, these are just examples.

Examples(not limited to):
Play 500 games of SkyWars and obtain the rank SkyWars Basher! - bold name. any colour.
Win 100 games of SkyWars and obtain the SkyWars Hero! - bold name, any colour.
Play 1000 games of SkyWars and obtain the SkyWars Grinder! - bold name, any colour, 1 any cosmetic.
Win 1000 games of SkyWars and obtain the SkyWars Champion! - bold name, any colour, 1 any cosmetic
Get 100 archer kills for 1000 experience
Play 5000 games...
Win 5000 games...
Play 10000 games...
Win 10000 games...

Additional Info
Ranks can vary from not bold -> bold(more rare)
Ranks will be visible in game and in chat
Having multiple ranks will give you a menu where you can choose what rank to have on, and how many.
SkyWars for the classes, spawn in with an extra item. --> Healer class normally does 2 gapples, make it 3.

We can also do something for the killers! Someone who loves to get kills and end the game very quickly

Get 5+ kills in 100 separate matches for a SkyWars Slayer! this will change how people play, trying to obtain all ranks making it more fun and new.
Kill everyone in the match for SkyWars Destroyer!, very hard to do but very rewarding.

You know? You can be fun with it!
Add a bunch, make some easy to obtain, some very hard.

Your end goal is of course, to make people play on your network long enough to purchase ranks.
Not users to play on your network to purchase ranks to continue playing.

I am sure this will be very easy to implement for Bedrock and Java, as we already have leaderboards and personal statistics in the game. Let's put them to use shall we?

Last edited:

_mightykiwi

Mar 14, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
www.zespri.com
What's up! I've recently started playing CubeCraft and noticed that there is no obtainable ranks across all minigames.
I guess the reason is so more people actually purchase the ranks, but obtainable ranks will not hurt the business and will also make it more fun and competitive.

I love to play SkyWars but right now it is getting quite boring, nothing to obtain, nothing to work for.

I've also added a poll to this thread if you are interested in voting and please give your thoughts down below!
I will make these examples for SkyWars but this can always be branched out to other minigames on the network.

I'm not sure what the purchasable ranks currently offer, if obtainable ranks clash with purchasable ranks we can change the names or what they offer completely. As I said, these are just examples.

Play 500 games of SkyWars and obtain the rank SkyWars Basher! - bold name. any colour.
Play 1000 games of SkyWars and obtain the SkyWars Grinder! - bold name, any colour, 1 any cosmetic.
Win 1000 games of SkyWars and obtain the SkyWars Champion! - bold name, any colour, 1 any cosmetic
Play 5000 games...
Win 5000 games...
Play 10000 games...
Win 10000 games...

We can also do something for the killers! Someone who loves to get kills and end the game very quickly

Get 5+ kills in 100 separate matches for a SkyWars Slayer! this will change how people play, trying to obtain all ranks making it more fun and new.
Kill everyone in the match for SkyWars Destroyer!, very hard to do but very rewarding.

Your end goal is of course, to make people play on your network long enough to purchase ranks.

I am sure this will be very easy to implement for Bedrock and Java, as we already have leaderboards and personal statistics in the game. Let's put them to use shall we?
I really like the idea alot but,
It would make everything look messy.

But I feel like this is a thread the staff has to look at and maybe make their own adjustments ;)

Reactions: Irusu

Irusu

Mar 23, 2021
I really like the idea alot but,
It would make everything look messy.

But I feel like this is a thread the staff has to look at and maybe make their own adjustments ;)
Yes, I love this idea too, the obtainable ranks will be from games played / wins / kills.
Killing with swords, bows, snowballs, pushing people off the map!

Thanks for commenting.

shatteredlily

Feb 1, 2021
I think having obtainable ranks would be amazing. Personally I've already bought Skywars rank in a desperate try to spice up the game some (It didn't help too much- however I still enjoy my rank!) But, it would be great to have something to work towards instead of playing countless games for no reason. Kind of like the Hive! They could be used as an inspiration because their leveling system is amazing with the in-game cosmetics.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
This might work for Bedrock but definitely is not a good idea for Java, on Java, every colour represents a rank, if there would be new ranks, there will be no colour left to choose from, especially with this amount of ranks

For Bedrock, this would be quite cool, as long as you just get a rank and possibly another loot item with that rank, the ability to vote for things should still be purchasable in my opinion, otherwise the buyable ranks wouldn't grant any benefits (but you didn't suggest to add the voting option as an idea so that should be fine anyways)

Irusu

Mar 23, 2021
This might work for Bedrock but definitely is not a good idea for Java, on Java, every colour represents a rank, if there would be new ranks, there will be no colour left to choose from, especially with this amount of ranks

For Bedrock, this would be quite cool, as long as you just get a rank and possibly another loot item with that rank, the ability to vote for things should still be purchasable in my opinion, otherwise the buyable ranks wouldn't grant any benefits (but you didn't suggest to add the voting option as an idea so that should be fine anyways)
Thanks for your additional suggestions, it doesn't have to be colours, just a rank thats bold
SkyWars Hero, but its in bold.
[SkyWars Hero] Irusu

More suggestions are welcome.

kristiankunc

Dedicated Member
Oct 4, 2016
kristn.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
As I play on Java, I am not gonna talk about bedrock here.
I like it the way it is now - you can buy a rank that unlocks mostly voting features and you can buy Plus for cosmetics etc.

Honestly, I don't really like the way there are a lot of random prefixes on Bedrock, it just makes it messy.
So I would not be really happy is this would go on Java too.

Nov 23, 2020
Germany
I agree on this topic with San. I am not going to talk about bedrock since i simply dont play it, but Javas rank "ecosystem" will definitely get too messy the more Prefixes to a name you add. For example ifyou follow your suggestion it would be a name like:

[Solo Lucky Islands Champion] :Diamond: _EliteRaspberry:

Which is obviously way too long. I like the concept but there has to be a more subtle way to make this work :)

Irusu

Mar 23, 2021
As I play on Java, I am not gonna talk about bedrock here.
I like it the way it is now - you can buy a rank that unlocks mostly voting features and you can buy Plus for cosmetics etc.

Honestly, I don't really like the way there are a lot of random prefixes on Bedrock, it just makes it messy.
So I would not be really happy is this would go on Java too.
Thanks for your feedback, understandable but feel as though they need to tweak this to bring in obtainable ranks.
Or it would be cool to say [Level 1] Irusu, up to level 10 depending on how many games you played on SkyWars.

Level 1 = 100
Level 2 = 200...

or games won.

Irusu

Mar 23, 2021
I agree on this topic with San. I am not going to talk about bedrock since i simply dont play it, but Javas rank "ecosystem" will definitely get too messy the more Prefixes to a name you add. For example ifyou follow your suggestion it would be a name like:

[Solo Lucky Islands Champion] :Diamond: _EliteRaspberry:

Which is obviously way too long. I like the concept but there has to be a more subtle way to make this work :)
Thanks for your feedback!
Would be cool to pick and choose ranks that you want to equip in a menu.
And is it Solo Lucky Island Champion actually a prefix? That needs to be tweaked.
Solo LI Champion, sounds much more better.

BesottedPotato

Novice Member
Oct 14, 2020
The Void
I think you have a good concept, but there definitely some flaws

1. I feel that if a cosmetic/tag (Which is normally only handed out through ranks and events) is going to be given out, it should only be given at a high level, like the 10K games/wins

2. The Skywars Destroyer Tag seems very luck based, as most people are normally killed or fall in the void before you even can get to their island, so you would have to get lucky and hope that this doesn't happen

3. Being able to select multiple tags at once will get very messy extremely quick

4. If this would be implemented, it would probably have to be added on all games, not just Skywars

Irusu

Mar 23, 2021
As I said above, these are just examples. It will be added in every mini game and also users can choose what rank they want to display. No more than one if character limit is high.
I think you have a good concept, but there definitely some flaws

1. I feel that if a cosmetic/tag (Which is normally only handed out through ranks and events) is going to be given out, it should only be given at a high level

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
I like this idea, but I think it mustn't me ranks, it can be subranks for each mode. We also can add rating system, like in chess, for each mini-game.

For example you have 2460/3000 rating points in EggWars, if you lose a game you lose 30 points, if you win you get 1. And people can view your rating if they hover your name + some cool name design in chat, for example "GM", "IM" signs (It will look like GM |Lapiz| BubbleF1sh: Hey!)

Reactions: Vindicatør

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada

I agree. It would be kind of bad in my opinion to add this to Java, but I think this would be a stellar addition to the Bedrock server! :D

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
I like this idea, but I think it mustn't me ranks, it can be subranks for each mode. We also can add rating system, like in chess, for each mini-game.

For example you have 2460/3000 rating points in EggWars, if you lose a game you lose 30 points, if you win you get 1. And people can view your rating if they hover your name + some cool name design in chat, for example "GM", "IM" signs (It will look like GM |Lapiz| BubbleF1sh: Hey!)
I believe they call this gamemode "ranked" on some servers.

Dogerules

Jan 21, 2021

My experience

Play 5000 games...
Win 5000 games...
Play 10000 games...
Win 10000 games...

Additional Info
Ranks can vary from not bold -> bold(more rare)
Ranks will be visible in game and in chat
Having multiple ranks will give you a menu where you can choose what rank to have on, and how many.

(Java) It's a pretty good idea but there will be too much ranks and I just don't like the concept. I may be a bit biased since I'm iron rank, but when I used to be stone rank I really wanted a rank. Putting this idea into place will ruin the values of the rank that you actually buy. This means that less people will actually buy the ranks. Many people will find this fun and amazing, personally I would love it if this happened. However, you should consider the business of Cubecraft. It requires a lot of money to keep the server up and going, and they're working so hard on the server. I'm not sure but the developer might even be making a living off it, and if you add these then it wouldn't be very efficient for the developers.

On the other hand, I partially agree to what you said. You have stated way too many ranks, and this isn't a good idea for the server. However, if they add maybe 2 obtainable ranks from Skywars, where it's just a display name such as getting 1000 wins, which is hard to get, then I think that shouldn't be a problem. They could do this in every game mode and in the featured ones, you could combine the victories from all of them, but that's a bit more complicated on that side. This is my response to your idea, I think it's a pretty good concept but there's just too many ranks, but if you read the above then I think that shouldn't be a problem :).

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
This could be a fun system, as you would really have something to play for. There could be cool rewards for reaching a higher rank, etc.
But still I don't really like the idea to be honest. I always find it a bit messy when servers have this. I prefer the ranks that CubeCraft currently has, and it obviously shouldn't mean that the current ranks should go away, but I don't like the idea of adding even more tags to everyone's name. It just looks very messy, while it's now all nice and clean looking. One of the things I personally like the most about CubeCraft is that everyone looks very simple and clear. It could be an idea to not show the ranks in chat (for instance only when you hover over someones name), but I think the whole idea of this system is to flex with your rank and shiny tag.

Therefore it's a no from me, sorry.

(Note: I'm talking about Java, I don't play Bedrock so I have no idea how the system works there)

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
Maybe it could work something like this:

For example, instead of it being titled something like “Solo Lucky Islands Champion” in the chat, it could be past certain number of how many wins you have, like this:
(SLI Hero) :Iron: V1ndicator_V1nce | So then it won’t take up too much space.

Also, let’s say you have 100+ wins on solo SkyWars, Lucky Islands, and EggWars, and you’re in the main lobby. What would happen then?

Well I wouldn’t want it to be like:
(SSW, SEW, SLI Hero) :Iron: V1ndicator_V1nce | That would just take up a lotta space (even longer than a lot of usernames).

So maybe my default it would choose which one you’ve got the latest, and there also could be a setting to change it to whatever you’d like.

It would also make sense if it put the rank of the game depending on which game lobby you in. If you are in the EggWars lobby, it would show your EggWars rank. If you are in the SkyWars lobby, it would show your SkyWars rank. And ofc, there could be an option to turn this off in settings.

One more thing, ranks in games should give you some abilities in those games.

100 Games Won - Access to 1 extra kit, -5% Abilities Cost
500 Games Won - Access to 3 extra kits, -10% Abilities Cost
1000 Games Won - Access to 5 extra kits, -15% Abilities Cost, Ability to vote for whether world events should be on or off.
5000 Games Won - Access to 10 extra kits, -25% Abilities Cost, Ability to vote for whether world events should be on or off + Tier of loot
10000 Games Won - Access to 20 extra kits, -40% Abilities Cost, Ability to vote for whether world events should be on or off, tier of loot, amount of health, and for certain items to be disabled.

I hope this suggestion gets implemented whether or not my part goes with it!

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
Heyoo!

I really like your idea, because then you have some sort of goal to strive for. Still, I also think it will probably look very messy unless you'd change the appearance of the different ranks. Maybe make it less visible or make it more subtle?

I actually prefer the idea of @V1ndicatør ! You should get more rewards if you've played a lot. It doesn't necessarily have to be a discount on abilities, but you could also get more experience or special loot items.

Thank you for your suggestion, it definitely inspired me! :)

Nov 23, 2020
Germany
Maybe it could work something like this:

For example, instead of it being titled something like “Solo Lucky Islands Champion” in the chat, it could be past certain number of how many wins you have, like this:
(SLI Hero) :Iron: V1ndicator_V1nce | So then it won’t take up too much space.

Also, let’s say you have 100+ wins on solo SkyWars, Lucky Islands, and EggWars, and you’re in the main lobby. What would happen then?

Well I wouldn’t want it to be like:
(SSW, SEW, SLI Hero) :Iron: V1ndicator_V1nce | That would just take up a lotta space (even longer than a lot of usernames).

So maybe my default it would choose which one you’ve got the latest, and there also could be a setting to change it to whatever you’d like.

It would also make sense if it put the rank of the game depending on which game lobby you in. If you are in the EggWars lobby, it would show your EggWars rank. If you are in the SkyWars lobby, it would show your SkyWars rank. And ofc, there could be an option to turn this off in settings.

One more thing, ranks in games should give you some abilities in those games.

100 Games Won - Access to 1 extra kit, -5% Abilities Cost
500 Games Won - Access to 3 extra kits, -10% Abilities Cost
1000 Games Won - Access to 5 extra kits, -15% Abilities Cost, Ability to vote for whether world events should be on or off.
5000 Games Won - Access to 10 extra kits, -25% Abilities Cost, Ability to vote for whether world events should be on or off + Tier of loot
10000 Games Won - Access to 20 extra kits, -40% Abilities Cost, Ability to vote for whether world events should be on or off, tier of loot, amount of health, and for certain items to be disabled.

I hope this suggestion gets implemented whether or not my part goes with it!

I like the first part of the suggestion, so that it doesnt interfere too much with the screen.
So the system. i really like here is that only inside the gamemode you are currently in, it shows the wins you got in that gamemode:

:diamond: [763] _EliteRaspberry: (Text)

This keeps it very clean imo and makes wins a more prestige item.

I do not agree with extra kits or the voting options.
The game has to stay for for everyone, meaning that a new player has the same chance of winning as the Higher player, given he has the points for all the kits (which are not bound to 1 gamemode), Abilitie Costs would fall under such a definition and give a extra benefit for making these really hard to get points (only in the gamemode you have the wins in!) benefitial.
The Voting abilities are a donator only perk! This would easily reduce the servers income which is essential to keep it running. It is already a good system making it not pay 2 win since you are only allowed to choose something that applies to everyone.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
Top Bottom