Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Introduction
A few months ago I made this thread about the Obsidian rank. This thread got escalated because of the many agree, but a few days later the suggestion update got released.
Since I know that the community talk won't happen, I want to suggest it again so it gets forwarded. Younisco told me I'm free to repost this thread.

In my previous suggestion, I decided to ask people to think along. There were a lot of suggestions, but people didn't like them. That's why it's better to organise a community talk

Suggestion
My suggestion is to organise a community talk about the Obsidian rank benefits, so people can suggest new things for the rank like perks and loot.

Why?
As a lot of other people find, the rank is way too expensive. It is almost the same as the Emerald rank.
Since it's not an option to make the rank less expensive, there should be more perks or lobby loot items.

If the rank gets less expensive, people who bought the rank earlier will complain and want their money back.

Goal
Making the rank worth the money by adding new loot and perks.

Closing word
Thanks for reading this suggestion.

I know I said in the previous suggestion that it was my last one about this topic but back then I didn't know about the suggestion update, so this one will be the last one for real. I understand that it might be annoying to constantly see a thread about this topic.

Let me know what you think!

Previous thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/obsidian-rank.280629/

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
The obsidian rank is worth around 60€ more than the emerald and they have practically the same benefits, maybe it would be a good idea for people who have paid that money, if cube add more benefits since for 60€ they have practically the same things

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
I remember your last suggestion about this topic. As I stated there, I think the Obsidian Rank is overpriced.

In this community talk, we can really look at some of the options you've mentioned in your escalated thread. Like extra loot items, more friend slots, and maybe a free multiplier every 4 months (this can of course be adjusted).

I would love to hear the opinions of other members and that's why I definitely agree with your suggestion!

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja and Quis

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Either give more perks, or make it cheaper. Obsidian is more of a 'collectors edition' emerald at this point, to show off your dedication to the server. The price is ridiculously high for virtually no more benefits than Emerald, and it's uglier aswell! Good suggestion.

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja and Quis

Fqbian.

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
The Bear Woods!
I don't mind paying more for the rank, the number one reason for me is to support Cubecraft with this. I do agree that there should be more stuff for Obsidian rankers. In my opinion, one thing needs to be adjusted as soon as possible... More friend slots, please!! With Obsidian + Plus, the maximum is 155 (Not that much when you play since 2014 on the server).

Reactions: Quis

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey Quis, thanks for the suggestion and sorry for the long wait.

At some point later next year we're going to be delving into the Java ranks in great detail so there will likely be a community talk organised to discuss all of the ranks at once, however this is not guaranteed, this is a long time away so plans may change in that time however for the time being we're going to mark this as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
10,000 eggs Eggwars - 18/04/2024

image.png
i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Top Bottom