Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
This only concerns the readers of my guide, if you're not a reader, then this shouldn't be important to you. For those that do read my guide, you'll probably want to keep reading.

For starters, I'm using the word "redaction" to mean moved/removed. With that out of the way, the title of this thread becomes a lot more clear and unambiguous. I've went back to all five parts of my guide and saved the content elsewhere on my personal computer. Now you may be wondering a few things about how I removed my guide posts and why I'd want to and possibly a few other details... this thread's been made to cover just that.

Reasons for Redaction

Alright, so of course I'm aware that a lot of players liked my guide and part one has close to 1,100 views. Honestly with views like that, it being a player-made guide and not a guide made by staff, and it being up for roughly half of the time of their pinned posts, and so on... I've felt that its credibility was considered on-par with some of the staff's pinned guides for many players. It's the viewership primarily though and I'd like to say thanks to everyone that's read it and complimented about it. It's truly been a pleasure seeing something I've made become so popular, and it wouldn't have been so popular without my viewers, so thanks again. Now let me get down to the real business and the matter at hand.
  1. Many members of the forums are already aware of this, but there's a rule on the forums about something called "necro-posting"... and while that's not the primary reason for the redaction of my guide, it's a reason that's had a considerable impact. So there's a list of rules on another branch of the forums that isn't under the Tower Defense section that still pertains to the Tower Defense section. The post is pinned and though the person that posted it is no longer a staff member, there was a time when she was. I would know, I remember the time when she was. So what's necro-posting, and what's its relevance? Necro-posting is posting on the forums two weeks after the last comment or response was made. To clarify, it's not posting two weeks after the thread was posted, but posting two weeks after the last reply on the thread. Other players have made guides aside from myself, namely hyperBravo and MidnightMailman. In their guides they've each posted something along the lines "check out ymbmg's guide first". Now for most forum members, this isn't an issue, but for those that have made a forums account that didn't go under the suggestions section of the forums, they may not be aware of what necro-posting is and end up posting on those threads. So if they're redirected there, and they end up wanting to comment on it, well, that's considered necro-posting. I don't want anyone necro-posting on any of my five parts and later today I'll be getting in touch with the other writers and asking if they'll remove the links to my guide posts in their own threads.
  2. Another issue that concerns me is the issue of players or readers looking to get in touch with me or make comments when and if the threads get locked. Fortunately, even with over one thousand views on part one alone, no one has necro-posted on any of the five threads and it's been a few months since the first. So let's say that in the future that those threads are locked, which is likely to happen. If you want to ask questions about it, you can't even do so with the threads locked without making a new thread or "starting a conversation" with me. Starting a conversation with me is always an option, but I have to be logged in to even know that you're looking to chat with me, whereas posting your own thread can get my attention relatively sooner. I'm not a fan of having new content related to old content re-posted on its own new thread.
  3. I can make edits anytime I want for any reason if it's not posted on the forums. If something's wrong on there, or some update is released, or I decide I'd like to clarify more, or whatever the reason may be... it's less of a hassle to edit it if it's not on the forums. Furthermore, I'm not sure that if the threads were to be locked that I could go make edits. I've never known for sure, but it's likely that you can't edit a post on a thread that's been locked.
  4. I feel an obligation to be formal on the forums. This reason is perhaps the most ridiculous-sounding up front, but it's gotten in the way of what I would've liked to have phrased in other ways. I'll be honest, with the way I like to convey my thoughts, being formal isn't ideal for me. Like some authors of books, I too have my own writing style, but there are times when I can't imagine what I'd say with words ever looking formal written or typed up. That said, I do believe that in a regular conversation.... my choice of words and style would be acceptable... and I'm aware of how bizarre that looks, but nevertheless it's bothersome enough.
While the list of reasons continues on from there, I'd like to move on now.

Availability of the guide

While the guide may no longer be on the forums, I have saved copies of it. That said, the original guide that I've typed up in five parts will not be public anywhere on any site or any server. However, I do plan to rewrite or retype the entire guide from scratch and post it on a discord server. I realize that this seems unfair for people that don't want to get discord and the people that don't have it already, but I genuinely like writing about Tower Defense concepts and I no longer believe the forums is the place to post it. I apologize for moving the guide elsewhere, but for the reasons stated above... I don't want to continue posting them on the forums.

I will not be posting a link on this thread that leads to the server where I intend to keep the guide posted, but you may ask me in-game for a link if you'd really like to read it. Please refrain from asking me for the discord server link on the forums. I will not send invites over the forums. Aside from simply reading the guide, you're free to start conversations with me and ask questions related to Tower Defense.

Anyways, I'd like to say thanks to the readers that have read this and the many players that have supported or liked my guides over the last few months. I've really enjoyed chatting about concepts and getting good information out there.

_Razz_

Nov 30, 2016
This will help a lot of people out.
especially The people who are new to the forums when you talked about nerco posting.
It took my some time to read but it was 100% worth it.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
This will help a lot of people out.
especially The people who are new to the forums when you talked about nerco posting.
It took my some time to read but it was 100% worth it.

The post that talks about necro-posting is here:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-forum-rules.74962/

The member that posted it was once a staff member. It would seem that those rules still apply on the forums. I still see comments here and there about necro-posting and old threads being locked. Not to mention that the thread is still pinned at the top in the suggestion section here:
https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/suggestions/

Thanks for reading this thread. I didn't think that someone would find it useful simply because of the things that I've covered about necro-posting. I might make a suggestion in the suggestion section of the forums to see if they'll move it. However, I don't believe that the staff will move it, so I probably won't end up doing that without others asking me to.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
The post that talks about necro-posting is here:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-forum-rules.74962/

The member that posted it was once a staff member. It would seem that those rules still apply on the forums. I still see comments here and there about necro-posting and old threads being locked. Not to mention that the thread is still pinned at the top in the suggestion section here:
https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/suggestions/

Thanks for reading this thread. I didn't think that someone would find it useful simply because of the things that I've covered about necro-posting. I might make a suggestion in the suggestion section of the forums to see if they'll move it. However, I don't believe that the staff will move it, so I probably won't end up doing that without others asking me to.
we know where the forum rules are
you don't need to tell us that

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
we know where the forum rules are
you don't need to tell us that

Not sure if you read the whole thing because:

Now for most forum members, this isn't an issue, but for those that have made a forums account that didn't go under the suggestions section of the forums, they may not be aware of what necro-posting is and end up posting on those threads.

He is just simply stating where it was for those who may not be aware. Doesn't point specifically at someone, just letting others know if they want to check it out after reading his thread.
-

Your writing style is splendid @ymbmg , the feeling of your vast knowledge and colorful vocabulary just shines in this.
Though it may not be for some and that youngsters may not understand it fully, I find it to be nicely made.
Keep up your writing style.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco

He is just simply stating where it was for those who may not be aware. Doesn't point specifically at someone, just letting others know if they want to check it out after reading his thread.
-

Your writing style is splendid @ymbmg , the feeling of your vast knowledge and colorful vocabulary just shines in this.
Though it may not be for some and that youngsters may not understand it fully, I find it to be nicely made.
that is what i mean we weren't referring to the same thing as was @ymbmg when he referred to a compliment

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016

-

Thank you for the compliment, zRinne. Your words are kind, and I'm always happy to see compliments and replies, even if it's on a thread like this. I didn't have any fun posting this thread like I did when I posted my guide. I'm glad you like my writing style; I'll keep it for when I post on the forums.

Reactions: zRinne

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
This only concerns the readers of my guide, if you're not a reader, then this shouldn't be important to you. For those that do read my guide, you'll probably want to keep reading.

For starters, I'm using the word "redaction" to mean moved/removed. With that out of the way, the title of this thread becomes a lot more clear and unambiguous. I've went back to all five parts of my guide and saved the content elsewhere on my personal computer. Now you may be wondering a few things about how I removed my guide posts and why I'd want to and possibly a few other details... this thread's been made to cover just that.

Reasons for Redaction

Alright, so of course I'm aware that a lot of players liked my guide and part one has close to 1,100 views. Honestly with views like that, it being a player-made guide and not a guide made by staff, and it being up for roughly half of the time of their pinned posts, and so on... I've felt that its credibility was considered on-par with some of the staff's pinned guides for many players. It's the viewership primarily though and I'd like to say thanks to everyone that's read it and complimented about it. It's truly been a pleasure seeing something I've made become so popular, and it wouldn't have been so popular without my viewers, so thanks again. Now let me get down to the real business and the matter at hand.
  1. Many members of the forums are already aware of this, but there's a rule on the forums about something called "necro-posting"... and while that's not the primary reason for the redaction of my guide, it's a reason that's had a considerable impact. So there's a list of rules on another branch of the forums that isn't under the Tower Defense section that still pertains to the Tower Defense section. The post is pinned and though the person that posted it is no longer a staff member, there was a time when she was. I would know, I remember the time when she was. So what's necro-posting, and what's its relevance? Necro-posting is posting on the forums two weeks after the last comment or response was made. To clarify, it's not posting two weeks after the thread was posted, but posting two weeks after the last reply on the thread. Other players have made guides aside from myself, namely hyperBravo and MidnightMailman. In their guides they've each posted something along the lines "check out ymbmg's guide first". Now for most forum members, this isn't an issue, but for those that have made a forums account that didn't go under the suggestions section of the forums, they may not be aware of what necro-posting is and end up posting on those threads. So if they're redirected there, and they end up wanting to comment on it, well, that's considered necro-posting. I don't want anyone necro-posting on any of my five parts and later today I'll be getting in touch with the other writers and asking if they'll remove the links to my guide posts in their own threads.
  2. Another issue that concerns me is the issue of players or readers looking to get in touch with me or make comments when and if the threads get locked. Fortunately, even with over one thousand views on part one alone, no one has necro-posted on any of the five threads and it's been a few months since the first. So let's say that in the future that those threads are locked, which is likely to happen. If you want to ask questions about it, you can't even do so with the threads locked without making a new thread or "starting a conversation" with me. Starting a conversation with me is always an option, but I have to be logged in to even know that you're looking to chat with me, whereas posting your own thread can get my attention relatively sooner. I'm not a fan of having new content related to old content re-posted on its own new thread.
  3. I can make edits anytime I want for any reason if it's not posted on the forums. If something's wrong on there, or some update is released, or I decide I'd like to clarify more, or whatever the reason may be... it's less of a hassle to edit it if it's not on the forums. Furthermore, I'm not sure that if the threads were to be locked that I could go make edits. I've never known for sure, but it's likely that you can't edit a post on a thread that's been locked.
  4. I feel an obligation to be formal on the forums. This reason is perhaps the most ridiculous-sounding up front, but it's gotten in the way of what I would've liked to have phrased in other ways. I'll be honest, with the way I like to convey my thoughts, being formal isn't ideal for me. Like some authors of books, I too have my own writing style, but there are times when I can't imagine what I'd say with words ever looking formal written or typed up. That said, I do believe that in a regular conversation.... my choice of words and style would be acceptable... and I'm aware of how bizarre that looks, but nevertheless it's bothersome enough.
While the list of reasons continues on from there, I'd like to move on now.

Availability of the guide

While the guide may no longer be on the forums, I have saved copies of it. That said, the original guide that I've typed up in five parts will not be public anywhere on any site or any server. However, I do plan to rewrite or retype the entire guide from scratch and post it on a discord server. I realize that this seems unfair for people that don't want to get discord and the people that don't have it already, but I genuinely like writing about Tower Defense concepts and I no longer believe the forums is the place to post it. I apologize for moving the guide elsewhere, but for the reasons stated above... I don't want to continue posting them on the forums.

I will not be posting a link on this thread that leads to the server where I intend to keep the guide posted, but you may ask me in-game for a link if you'd really like to read it. Please refrain from asking me for the discord server link on the forums. I will not send invites over the forums. Aside from simply reading the guide, you're free to start conversations with me and ask questions related to Tower Defense.

Anyways, I'd like to say thanks to the readers that have read this and the many players that have supported or liked my guides over the last few months. I've really enjoyed chatting about concepts and getting good information out there.
This is amazing! Keep up the good work!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

i had airpods on and the song was too good i didnt hear the employee yelling at me
Thank you all for these amazing birthday wishes!

They mean a lot to me! ❤️

I wish you all, already a great weekend!
Felt silly so I made a chibi character

1715280054424.png
Thjis wrote on Basketman's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONAS

what would a matriox message be without some chat gpt??

1715267947575.png
Top Bottom