Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should we do with this section?

• Total voters

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
Ye I thought about that middle thing :D, sounds pretty cool, might mess up wome of the kits tho but if what we get back is a cool midfight i think its worth it.
I think it would be important to slightly randomise what exactly you get in the kits if there are no chests on starting islands. This would mean it would be worth fighting other players of the same kit - if they had all the same items as you, there'd be nothing to gain from killing them, and so you may find players with different kits being targeted (possibly leading to a monopoly of just one kit).
Then again, if the games were small with few players (as is the case in other servers' ranked skywars), then people having the same initial items would force people to go to mid and therefore promote a different play style for skywars, if everyone engages in a mid-fight.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I think it would be important to slightly randomise what exactly you get in the kits if there are no chests on starting islands. This would mean it would be worth fighting other players of the same kit - if they had all the same items as you, there'd be nothing to gain from killing them, and so you may find players with different kits being targeted (possibly leading to a monopoly of just one kit).
Then again, if the games were small with few players (as is the case in other servers' ranked skywars), then people having the same initial items would force people to go to mid and therefore promote a different play style for skywars, if everyone engages in a mid-fight.
The kits would have to be extremely well balanced for it to work. That way people will, hopefully, not constantly pick the same kit as the rest meaning there is a gain from killing others.
Players would also get a limited amount of food so they'd have to kill or starve to death.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello!

Due to so many different conflicting discussion/opinions going to make a bunch of threads in relation to some of the poll suggestions proposed from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-next-skywars-update.191642/ This will mean we get more direct information on each suggestion.

What are 'No kits or abilities' boards?
When SkyWars abilities was first released a lot of the abilities gave you a huge advantage, 50% chance to do more damage when you are below 5 hearts 60% of the time. This got nerfed to 16% of the time at max. Another ability that was ridiculously high was an arrow ability, which you would have a 60% chance to shoot 3 arrows this got nerfed to 18% chance at max.

Now kits... With the proposed changes, in theory kits like Swordsman and Iron golem will not dominate SkyWars anymore so it should be more fair and balanced. This makes this board not as important as it once was.

Discuss what you'd like to see, make sure to vote and keep on topic!

If you voted replace it with a new mode, feel free to suggest new ideas

SPEED MODE!!!

Tristayy

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2017
Outer Space
I would like to see it to be removed and focussing the players towards the kits section. That would help with keeping the games starting and being filled later at night.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Lucky islands mode (instead of adding the laggy plugin, add some custom heads)
I don't think this new 'Crazy mode' should become Lucky Islands 2.0.

Saying: 'Lucky Islands is laggy, so let's just make a better mode within Skywars is one of the worst things to do.
Solve the problem within Lucky Island, fix the lag or maybe even remove the texture pack if that's causing too many issues.

I do however agree on the rest of the things like the chest refills (and other, gameplay changing, features).

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I'd like the "No kits or abilities" section to be removed as it's not very popular and it's not played that much. So it'll become a big board with only normal Skywars games, no different sections anymore.
This is exactly what I wanted to say...

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I think that the "no chest" option is a really good one too, I haven't seen it before and it's quite special in my opinion. Maybe with some extra changes it can become even better.
While this sounds good in theory, it'd get very boring very fast. Also, aside from that one kit with a limited quiver, you'd have no way to get any projectiles. Bridging would have no risk to it, and therefore there wouldn't be much point to the islands being in the sky and apart from one another to begin with. The chests are there because mining and woodcutting are chores, that are best left in UHC.

I'd like to see either a competitive version of Skywars, Island Degradation, or this:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/s...suggestions-heres-a-controversial-one.191724/
You could call this version, which proposes players having two kits rather than one, 'Dynamic Skywars'.

DreamFudge

Jun 1, 2017
Tel Aviv, Israel
www.cubecraft.net
Hello!

Due to so many different conflicting discussion/opinions going to make a bunch of threads in relation to some of the poll suggestions proposed from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-next-skywars-update.191642/ This will mean we get more direct information on each suggestion.

What are 'No kits or abilities' boards?
When SkyWars abilities was first released a lot of the abilities gave you a huge advantage, 50% chance to do more damage when you are below 5 hearts 60% of the time. This got nerfed to 16% of the time at max. Another ability that was ridiculously high was an arrow ability, which you would have a 60% chance to shoot 3 arrows this got nerfed to 18% chance at max.

Now kits... With the proposed changes, in theory kits like Swordsman and Iron golem will not dominate SkyWars anymore so it should be more fair and balanced. This makes this board not as important as it once was.

Discuss what you'd like to see, make sure to vote and keep on topic!

If you voted replace it with a new mode, feel free to suggest new ideas
I think that there are 3 dominating kits in Skywars and hopefully everyone agrees with me. Those kits are Enchanter, Iron Golem and Swordsman. This is don't mind because lets be honest there are 3 different kits that you can choose from. The point that I am trying to make is that there are so many other kits that are just completely useless like Miner for example or the kit with 64 eggs. Its not that the dominating kits need to be removed its that the other ones need to be replaced. It would make Skywars even more competitive then it already is and will give people a chance to show their skills in different ways.

D

Deleted member 169486

I wanted a wings mode using an elytra but some people clearly did not read the post and disagreed with it ;(

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
Top Bottom