• Total voters

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hello!

Due to so many different conflicting discussion/opinions going to make a bunch of threads in relation to some of the poll suggestions proposed from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-next-skywars-update.191642/ This will mean we get more direct information on each suggestion.

What are 'No kits or abilities' boards?
When SkyWars abilities was first released a lot of the abilities gave you a huge advantage, 50% chance to do more damage when you are below 5 hearts 60% of the time. This got nerfed to 16% of the time at max. Another ability that was ridiculously high was an arrow ability, which you would have a 60% chance to shoot 3 arrows this got nerfed to 18% chance at max.

Now kits... With the proposed changes, in theory kits like Swordsman and Iron golem will not dominate SkyWars anymore so it should be more fair and balanced. This makes this board not as important as it once was.

Discuss what you'd like to see, make sure to vote and keep on topic!

If you voted replace it with a new mode, feel free to suggest new ideas

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I'd like to let This stay because Some players make use of it. But it's also unpopular because If I play it, it takes a long time to let the game start. Maybe decrease the player amount for the maps, or something. But I don't want to see This removed. But If it's gets replaced, I want to know with What it's gonna be replaced?

Otherwise I voted for let it stay.

EDIT: I don't see to have refilled chest because it can give campers an unfair advantage.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I'd like the "No kits or abilities" section to be removed as it's not very popular and it's not played that much. So it'll become a big board with only normal Skywars games, no different sections anymore.

I would like to see it being replaced with a "Chest Refill" gamemode. So basically, Skywars will be split into Refill and No-Refill.
Actually, I like this very well too. So in my opinion either replace the "No kits or abilities" section with a "Chest Refill" section, or just make one big board with only normal Skywars games and without any different sections.

EDIT > I find removing the ''No kit or abilities'' section and replacing it with normal Skywars, so a big normal Skywars board with a chest refill voting option a nicer thing.

Last edited:

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
I'd say: replace it with a new mode.

For me this section seems became totally useless, and I only play it when there arn't any maps I like on the normal boards.
Replacing this however, with a complete new mode, would really give Skywars something 'new'. And you can change this mode to whatever you want. For example, you could vote for different events like; Chest refills, sudden deaths, loot boxes falling from the sky, extra small maps and overal just a whole new and swift gameplay.

XiiKa

Forum Expert
Dec 23, 2016
Somewhere only we know
I would say remove the 'No kits and abilities' section. I barely play this, and if I play it, It's only because there are no fun maps in the Kits and abilities section. And when I play without kits and abilities, it takes quite long till a game really starts, especially in 1.8
On the other side, I would like to see a replacement with a new mode, but it depends on what the new mode is.

diogo

Forum Expert
Nov 16, 2015
Replace the no kits and abilities to crazy mode. Basically on the crazy mode there's modifiers like refill and world events. I believe that the old SkyWars mode should stay, without refill and world events.

So, on crazy mode, you can find different modifiers and those modifiers are going to change the game play.

Some really cool examples of modifiers:

- Refill - every 5 minutes (solo) every 10/12 minutes (team)
- Mobs shower
- Money rain
- Lucky islands mode (instead of adding the laggy plugin, add some custom heads)

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I'd also like it if this mode got replaced with another. I do want chest refilling added, but not as a seperate mode, I'd much rather see it as a voting option for the normal skywars. I feel like this new mode has to be something fresh and quite different from the current skywars. I'm also not really a fan of too chaotic gameplay when PvPing, with a bunch of mobs everywhere etc. So I'd much rather see something which Niko has mentioned before to staff which is a generator mode, it's basically skywars with generators. I feel like it'd be quite neat and if balanced and implemented properly it could be a lot of fun.

Reactions: skifby

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
This is gonna get a lot of hate and I dont even know if I like it. But this is what came to my mind when I started thinking of new modes:

No chests.
Everyone starts with a kit, consisting out of a set ammount of blocks and food but the armour, weapons and extra items differ per kit.
It's just a regular skywarsgame but everyone's gear and items are well balanced.

That concept kills some game aspects from regular skywars and thats probably why Im not 100% behind it but furthermore I guess it sounds kinda cool?

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
This is gonna get a lot of hate and I dont even know if I like it. But this is what came to my mind when I started thinking of new modes:

No chests.
Everyone starts with a kit, consisting out of a set ammount of blocks and food but the armour, weapons and extra items differ per kit.
It's just a regular skywarsgame but everyone's gear and items are well balanced.

That concept kills some game aspects from regular skywars and thats probably why Im not 100% behind it but furthermore I guess it sounds kinda cool?
Basically ranked skywars? I'm a fan of this to be honest, it would be really cool to have a mode where players spawn with the same stuff. Maybe just some chests in the middle though, else the gameplay might get a bit stale and/or players might want to camp.

Reactions: RPoule

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Basically ranked skywars? I'm a fan of this to be honest, it would be really cool to have a mode where players spawn with the same stuff. Maybe just some chests in the middle though, else the gameplay might get a bit stale and/or players might want to camp.
Ye I thought about that middle thing :D, sounds pretty cool, might mess up wome of the kits tho but if what we get back is a cool midfight i think its worth it.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Could you make it possible to toggle abilities? I made the mistake of buying the speed ability and I can't pvp with speed so it screws me up every game

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
I would like to see it being replaced with a "Chest Refill" gamemode. So basically, Skywars will be split into Refill and No-Refill.
this is also not gona work because than the normal mode is gona die because almost everyone wants good stuff and with refills you get more and better stuff so. you basiccly need to remove it or replace it with something very difrent than normal-skywars

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I think that replacing Skywars would be a terrible Idea to all the players who play normal skywars
replacing "no kits and abilities" mode would probably make the smaller minority who play mad but not all of them so I think replacing it might be helpful since some of the normal skywars players who may play it... and those who liked it may play the new game type

Javima1

Jun 6, 2017
Spain/España
I think the same

No chests.
Sounds good, i will love to play it because everybody have the same

Sounds good, i will love to play it because everybody have the same terms good idea

HuracanFTW

Nov 11, 2015
In my opinion it should be removed and added as a voting option in the regular skywars, so players who prefer it, can vote for it. Although it should be replaced by something really special/crazy like @Diogo already suggested.

I think that the "no chest" option is a really good one too, I haven't seen it before and it's quite special in my opinion. Maybe with some extra changes it can become even better.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
Top Bottom