Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Ayo!

Today I would like to suggest a tool for both Java and Bedrock content creators and staff members. A nick hider!

what is a nick hider?

Well, it hides your nick on your screen, but players on other devices see your nick. It is usually used during live streaming to prevent stream snipers. The nick hider simply shows your real username on your screen to hide your nick so viewers won’t snipe your nick.

356D6A6E-A9EE-452F-AB33-BCD8955D3299.jpeg

Here you see the YouTuber “GamerBoy80” using a nick hider (pretty sure he’s using Badlion on Hypixel). You know it’s a nick hider because it has a little pencil emoji next to the name. This way viewers cannot see what his nick was.

On Java Edition, Hypixel has 2 clients that currently have nick hiders which include Badlion and Lunar. Cubecraft doesn’t have any clients that support nick hiding on Java or Bedrock.

Why would this be useful?

Personally I want to have a relaxed livestream of eggwars once in a while where I don’t get sniped. Even with the stream sniping rule people still enjoy trying to snipe. I feel a nick hider would not only be useful, but necessary to help make sniping much harder.

please use your reaction thingies if you would like to see this message forwarded or not. Thanks for reading :D

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Nick hiders would be a great addition, and would attract more content creators to Cubecraft. Ima agree✅ to this.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
On Java Edition, Hypixel has 2 clients that currently have nick hiders which include Badlion and Lunar. Cubecraft doesn’t have any clients that support nick hiding on Java or Bedrock.
This isn't correct, on java you can use Laby (as gamerboy80 did on the screen you shared) or Badlion or Lunar, neither of these three clients are server-specific and work on Hypixel as well as Cubecraft.
I can see why this is needed on Bedrock since Bedrock doesn't have any advanced clients. Since Bedrock and Java share a server it would only be logical to add it on both.

Apr 26, 2021
Netherlands
Ayo!

Today I would like to suggest a tool for both Java and Bedrock content creators and staff members. A nick hider!

what is a nick hider?

Well, it hides your nick on your screen, but players on other devices see your nick. It is usually used during live streaming to prevent stream snipers. The nick hider simply shows your real username on your screen to hide your nick so viewers won’t snipe your nick.

View attachment 191534

Here you see the YouTuber “GamerBoy80” using a nick hider (pretty sure he’s using Badlion on Hypixel). You know it’s a nick hider because it has a little pencil emoji next to the name. This way viewers cannot see what his nick was.

Why would this be useful?

Personally I want to have a relaxed livestream of eggwars once in a while where I don’t get sniped. Even with the stream sniping rule people still enjoy trying to snipe. I feel a nick hider would not only be useful, but necessary to help make sniping much harder.

please use your reaction thingies if you would like to see this message forwarded or not. Thanks for reading :D
That's a good idea. I think many people will benefit from this.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I believe its against Microsoft's guidelines to have a nickname changer.
Well two things - Cubecraft already has a nick system on Bedrock, so it's not against any guidelines. A nick hider (like suggested) also only changes anything on the screen client side, to hide nicks during streams, etc. It doesn't change anything for other players ingame.

XPfirePlayz

Novice Member
May 3, 2020
California
Well two things - Cubecraft already has a nick system on Bedrock, so it's not against any guidelines. A nick hider (like suggested) also only changes anything on the screen client side, to hide nicks during streams, etc. It doesn't change anything for other players ingame.
Oh yeah, I guess I'm a little confused. But as far as I know its still against the guidelines purely based on the Xbox Live reporting system. I've talked with developers for another partner server Galaxite, who claim this is the case. Its possible that this isn't true or a workaround is possible. But thanks for clarifying! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom